• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddie Lacy said he's not losing weight unless the the guys on the third floor tell him to.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny cause his second year stats were better overall than his first. He has one bad year that included injuries to himself and numerous o linemen and he's regressed? Still averaged over 4 ypc and almost 10 yards per catch. Nice try though

Less attempts, less yards, less TDs, more fumbles in year 2 than year 1. That's what I'm looking at. Yeah his average went up. But let's be real. When you're playing with Aaron Rodgers, if you can't average over 4 ypc, then something is horribly wrong. You could put a warm body back there and they'd average 4 ypc. Only scored 3 TDs this season. Almost 100 attempts less than his rookie season. Man. The numbers don't lie. And the coach came out and said that he needs to get in shape. So I don't see what you're seeing here.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing the entire offense have a bad year not just Lacy. Less attempts is not necessarily his fault. He was a little overweight this year but big fucking deal, everybody has off years. Rodgers had an off year too. His stats were down in every category. Starks fumbles went up too, is that because he was overweight as well? People have off years but to say he regressed every year is false

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm seeing the entire offense have a bad year not just Lacy. Less attempts is not necessarily his fault. He was a little overweight this year but big fucking deal, everybody has off years. Rodgers had an off year too. His stats were down in every category. Starks fumbles went up too, is that because he was overweight as well? People have off years but to say he regressed every year is false
I think the whole point has been, it's not a little weight. He's fat. I mean F-A-T. It's clear it hampered his production. His body couldn't carry the extra weight, and he looked slow and sluggish getting through the lines.

Yes, the entire offense had a down year, but just another reason that they really needed Lacey to step it up, not eat it up. With the impact losses on the WR level and along the OL, imagine what Lacey could have done if he had been even just 15lbs lighter and in better shape. He could have really helped carry the offense this year with all the injuries.

weird-al-6.jpg

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much can you expect a guy to do when the team ends the season with their top 4 wr on the depth chart out, their qb dealing with a knee issue that he had to have surgery on, no TE worth a damn and an injury riddled o line most of the second half of the year as well as ankle and rib injuries to himself? The dude isn't a fucking god for crying out loud. If his weight issues lasted more than one year then I'd be concerned but 1 year does not make a career. Shit Jerome Bettis played weighing 250+ and he is in the hall of fame.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starks wasn't out of shape , he's a solid backup. The Packer's basically said Lacy was playing 30lbs higher than his optimum playing weight. That is a lot of extra weight to carry. Look how winded he was when he broke that run against Arizona, he should have scored for sure and he practically collapsed running that far. If and when Lacy comes back in better shape you will see drastic improvement in his game. There isn't a doubt in my mind. I'm not putting all the offensive woes on Lacy but he was not helping his team by being out of shape to start the year. I posted the Jordy Nelson interview and I think he was real honest about Lacy. I don't think his intention or McCarthy's intention for that matter was to belittle him but after a full season of keeping quiet someone, mainly coach McCarthy had to call him out for Lacy's own good. In one of the Nelson interviews Jordy came out and basically said McCarthy was completely on his side and was doing his best to help him out and that coach liked Lacy but knew he was not doing himself justice.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that he NEEDS to lose a few pounds but I'm not going to put the offensive woes on him alone. That's just bullshit. The entire unit failed and needs to regroup for next year

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Eddie should take a lesson from John Candy.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're Bill Belichick it won't matter because he has 4 rings, but when you only have one and bumbled away 2 more shots at it with bad coaching, it matters a lot IMO....
I'll bet if he don't get it together this yr he's out of GB....
A nice analogy but McCarthy is not in danger of losing his job as long as Ted Thompson is the GM.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much can you expect a guy to do when the team ends the season with their top 4 wr on the depth chart out, their qb dealing with a knee issue that he had to have surgery on, no TE worth a damn and an injury riddled o line most of the second half of the year as well as ankle and rib injuries to himself? The dude isn't a fucking god for crying out loud. If his weight issues lasted more than one year then I'd be concerned but 1 year does not make a career. Shit Jerome Bettis played weighing 250+ and he is in the hall of fame.
A: No one expects him to do it all, but just imagine how good he could have been this year if he were healthy? Maybe the injuries don't happen, or don't linger. Instead of averaging 4 YPC, he averages 4.5 or 4.6. Maybe he doesn't go down in attempts, etc...etc...You're trying to take this thread in a direction that it doesn't need to go. The fact of the matter is, he was well over weight and he needs to lose weight. That's it.

B: Bettis played RB in a different era of football. It's hard to think of it that way, but it's the truth. Big 240-260LBS RB's are way out. Not to mention, Bettis was bigger than Lacey all over, not just in the stomach department. It's not even close to comparison.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt that he NEEDS to lose a few pounds but I'm not going to put the offensive woes on him alone. That's just bullshit. The entire unit failed and needs to regroup for next year
No one argues that.

Lacey is not the reason the offense failed. Too many injuries.

People are just pointing out how much more he could have helped had he been at a decent playing weight. It's a fair argument, and one that has a lot of merit. And 30lbs ain't a few. It's a lot.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice analogy but McCarthy is not in danger of losing his job as long as Ted Thompson is the GM.
Bad analogy because everyone seems to forget Bill in Cleveland and how well that went.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad analogy because everyone seems to forget Bill in Cleveland and how well that went.
Yes indeed, Belichick wasn't stellar in Cleveland.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me he's up more than 10lbs. from his rookie season. I'm really rooting for the guy but I can honestly say I said I could see how much weight he gained and how slow he looked prior to hearing one peep about it. Sure the line was banged up but trust me on this one Eddie Lacey is out of shape. He's not only fat he gets winded incredibly easy. He has to want to get himself in much better shape or he'll have wasted a key opportunity. The man has the talent, I just wonder if he'll have the will. In my opinion he's at least 25lbs more than his ideal playing weight and if he can get his weight down he'll get through the hole a lot cleaner and still be plenty strong enough to bowl linebackers and defensive backs over.

Its a lot harder on the knees too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Followed that plan for a while. It's really good. In fact, I still use many of those same routines in my current routine.

But, the biggest thing anyone can do is to stop eating a bunch of crap. Diet (not dieting, but what you eat) is the majority of the battle, especially for an athlete that's already training.

We went through the same crap with Pablo Sandoval in SF. The guy could never keep his weight down. No excuse for professional athletes to let themselves go like that.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but to say he regressed every year is false

Don't see how it's false at all. The numbers back up my claim. What do you have? Blind homerism and excuses. You admitted in your post that he's a little overweight. So we can leave it at that. It's whatever.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how it's false at all. The numbers back up my claim. What do you have? Blind homerism and excuses. You admitted in your post that he's a little overweight. So we can leave it at that. It's whatever.

Hey Jake, didn't you used to have a Dolphins pic as your favorite team ????

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah? Why does that matter? I'm a Dolphins fan? I'm just supporting the Panthers is all.

Just checking to see if you went full bandwagon or just a weekend one !!