• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddie Lacy said he's not losing weight unless the the guys on the third floor tell him to.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Eddie Lacy lazy and turning into Trent Richardson/Ron Dayne? It seems he's not a very motivated individual.
Eddie Lacy says he's not fat and not all RBs look like Adrian Peterson - CBSSports.com

Why should he ?....He's doing a far better job at his position than that fat slob HC McCarthy....
Maybe the owner should order him to drop 100 lbs or else, then maybe he could get enough oxygen to his brain to actually call a effective game and not put his team in a hail Mary position so much....
I can't stand the lard butt myself....Good team, bad coach, they've missed at least 2 more SB because of him IMO...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers want Eddie Lacy to lose 30 pounds

email-card-title.png
Friend(s) EmailYour Email
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
Mike McCarthy said Eddie Lacy needed to lose weight

We now have a goal to track.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the Packers want Lacy to lose 30 pounds. Rapoport added the running back is committed to dropping that chunk of weight through offseason training and camp. Packers officials have had several discussions with Lacy's representatives and all sides admit something must be done.

That the Packers believe Lacy has 30 pounds to shed in one offseason speaks to how out of shape they believe he's gotten.

Lacy has received an offer from a fitness guru to help get him into gear, which the tailback is considering, per Rapoport, or he could attend a special camp to help ensure weight loss.

Lacy is listed at 234 pounds, but looked much heavier rumbling down the field late in the season. Some rumors reported Lacy's weight hovering upwards of 260 pounds in 2015.

After struggling through the season, it sounds like Lacy got the memo and is willing to put in the work as he enters the finally year of his rookie contract

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-2_4-26-15.gif
    upload_2016-2-2_4-26-15.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 17

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After struggling through the season, it sounds like Lacy got the memo and is willing to put in the work as he enters the finally year of his rookie contract

Needs more money for China food.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat lives matter

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what the listed weight is. You can throw that right out the window. It's like when they used to list Charles Barkley at like 6'7 or 6'8 or something. dude is barely 6'5. Teams lie on that kind of stuff every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

If Lacey was around 230 during his rookie year, he is easily 255-260 in that other picture. Yes, there have been "bigger" backs in the NFL, but the difference from many of those guys is they were always big backs like that. Lacey was never 245-255, and with the evolution of the passing game, the plodding running style of older bigger backs have pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only up like 10lbs from his combine weight? I think one of the bigger problems is people thought his rookie season was a product of his "explosiveness" when it really wasn't. IIRC, they had a healthy O-line in 2014, this year they did not. He was never an explosive/agile type runner to begin with.
What??? I think he's up 10 lbs from last night...

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only up like 10lbs from his combine weight? I think one of the bigger problems is people thought his rookie season was a product of his "explosiveness" when it really wasn't. IIRC, they had a healthy O-line in 2014, this year they did not. He was never an explosive/agile type runner to begin with.
Trust me he's up more than 10lbs. from his rookie season. I'm really rooting for the guy but I can honestly say I said I could see how much weight he gained and how slow he looked prior to hearing one peep about it. Sure the line was banged up but trust me on this one Eddie Lacey is out of shape. He's not only fat he gets winded incredibly easy. He has to want to get himself in much better shape or he'll have wasted a key opportunity. The man has the talent, I just wonder if he'll have the will. In my opinion he's at least 25lbs more than his ideal playing weight and if he can get his weight down he'll get through the hole a lot cleaner and still be plenty strong enough to bowl linebackers and defensive backs over.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what kills me...these guys make millions and can't afford Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, let alone a persona chef to pre-make some meals and snacks? Hell, ain't Oprah losing weight? I mean if she can do it....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should he ?....He's doing a far better job at his position than that fat slob HC McCarthy....
Maybe the owner should order him to drop 100 lbs or else, then maybe he could get enough oxygen to his brain to actually call a effective game and not put his team in a hail Mary position so much....
I can't stand the lard butt myself....Good team, bad coach, they've missed at least 2 more SB because of him IMO...

Let's try this again, but this time...no holding back Old School...them us how you REALLY feel....lol

Seriously...if Laveon Bell took it upon himself to drop some weight after his rookie season and we know he's not a choir boy...but it shows he really cares about his body and wants to be in the best shape possible. What does that say about Lacy? A HC having to threaten him on weight loss.

He needs to learn...RBs come and go faster than other positions...you really want to get to a 2nd contract...then you've surpassed the avg RB in the NFL.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try this again, but this time...no holding back Old School...them us how you REALLY feel....lol

Seriously...if Laveon Bell took it upon himself to drop some weight after his rookie season and we know he's not a choir boy...but it shows he really cares about his body and wants to be in the best shape possible. What does that say about Lacy? A HC having to threaten him on weight loss.

He needs to learn...RBs come and go faster than other positions...you really want to get to a 2nd contract...then you've surpassed the avg RB in the NFL.

Have you forgot " the wheels on the bus go round and round"?....Didn't seem to hurt him any, he's a SB champ and a HOF'mer....Earl Campbell's legs weighed 100 lbs each, but he is arguably the best ever, and would get my vote for sure....They are power runners, not finesse guys, but when you are 3rd and 2, they're getting the 1st down even with a loaded box.....
Besides, if the HC felt that way, he should have kept it in house, not try to embarrass the guy in the media....
And Fat Mac should be ashamed to even mention someone's weight when he looks like a gray tick about to explode himself....Can you tell I don't like the guy ?...:D

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should take his own advice....
matt-ludtke.jpg

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as Jim rome said the other day - these programs work.......if you have the motivation.
Followed that plan for a while. It's really good. In fact, I still use many of those same routines in my current routine.

But, the biggest thing anyone can do is to stop eating a bunch of crap. Diet (not dieting, but what you eat) is the majority of the battle, especially for an athlete that's already training.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you forgot " the wheels on the bus go round and round"?....Didn't seem to hurt him any, he's a SB champ and a HOF'mer....Earl Campbell's legs weighed 100 lbs each, but he is arguably the best ever, and would get my vote for sure....They are power runners, not finesse guys, but when you are 3rd and 2, they're getting the 1st down even with a loaded box.....
Besides, if the HC felt that way, he should have kept it in house, not try to embarrass the guy in the media....
And Fat Mac should be ashamed to even mention someone's weight when he looks like a gray tick about to explode himself....Can you tell I don't like the guy ?...:D

Yeah...big Earl, was a huge man but he ran like a big man all the time...today...hell, 3rd & 2, they're in shotgun 90% of the time.

I think what they want from Lacy...hit the holes quicker...if he's playing @ 240...he should be quicker @ 220.

Bold point...agree 100%, but seems kind of out of character for McCarthy...wonder what has been said already behind close doors...my guess is this is not the 1st time this topic has come up with Lacy...whom I like a lot, but he has put on weight since getting into the league.