• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eddie Lacy said he's not losing weight unless the the guys on the third floor tell him to.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...big Earl, was a huge man but he ran like a big man all the time...today...hell, 3rd & 2, they're in shotgun 90% of the time.

I think what they want from Lacy...hit the holes quicker...if he's playing @ 240...he should be quicker @ 220.

Bold point...agree 100%, but seems kind of out of character for McCarthy...wonder what has been said already behind close doors...my guess is this is not the 1st time this topic has come up with Lacy...whom I like a lot, but he has put on weight since getting into the league.
Agreed.

Big backs are out. Offenses are not built for them. Everything is built around the pass, and quick cutting lanes for RB's.

Also, defenses are bigger and faster than even 10-15 years ago. Many of those bigger backs wouldn't be facing DE/DT and LB's smaller than them anymore.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Big backs are out. Offenses are not built for them. Everything is built around the pass, and quick cutting lanes for RB's.

Also, defenses are bigger and faster than even 10-15 years ago. Many of those bigger backs wouldn't be facing DE/DT and LB's smaller than them anymore.
I'll tell you what is really out, slow fat fuckers who lack motivation. It isn't big running backs it's out of condition athletes. In all honesty I am really pulling for Eddie Lacy, I might be the first to point out his flaws but I will be his biggest supporter if he shows the desire and will to get himself into proper playing shape.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying here, but his fatness doesn't really impact the physical game for GB like a player.

I think it does, how are you gonna talk to pro athletes about being in shape when you look like a cantaloupe with legs and arms ?
And what happens when he has to run down the sidelines for a big gainer to sub or get a refs attention ?
Then there is the fact that not enough oxygen to the brain causes slow process, that could effect his play calling, which I really think is not good enough to match the level of talent on that team...Lacy is least of his problems IMO...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it does, how are you gonna talk to pro athletes about being in shape when you look like a cantaloupe with legs and arms ?
And what happens when he has to run down the sidelines for a big gainer to sub or get a refs attention ?
Then there is the fact that not enough oxygen to the brain causes slow process, that could effect his play calling, which I really think is not good enough to match the level of talent on that team...Lacy is least of his problems IMO...
You talk to them because the job descriptions are different. What's required out of one isn't required out of another. It's like that everywhere you go in life. Coaches job is to coach. Fat, thin, tall, short it doesn't matter.

As for running down the slideline, won't have to do much of that...not at least when Lacey's running the ball at 309lbs.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is a good coach, it isn't his job to be in top physical shape. Even jokingly, I find that argument laughable. Pun intended.

You are correct, but good needs a lot of luck to win in the NFL consistently, but great ones make most of it happen themselves.....I wouldn't be picking on his weight if he hadn't used it as a measuring stick first....
It's hypocritical and I don't believe that will go over big with the players, remember Lacy is one of them and the Coach is not.....

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, but good needs a lot of luck to win in the NFL consistently, but great ones make most of it happen themselves.....I wouldn't be picking on his weight if he hadn't used it as a measuring stick first....
It's hypocritical and I don't believe that will go over big with the players, remember Lacy is one of them and the Coach is not.....
I am a lifelong Green Bay Packer fan and I am picking on Lacy's weight. I don't care what the coaches look like, the players , that is different. The truth is that Mike McCarthy actually kept it all behind closed doors all season long while Lacy ignored it then and only then did McCarthy go public. I listened to a Jordy Nelson interview and he echoed those sentiment that McCarthy actually went to bat for Lacy.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk to them because the job descriptions are different. What's required out of one isn't required out of another. It's like that everywhere you go in life. Coaches job is to coach. Fat, thin, tall, short it doesn't matter.

As for running down the slideline, won't have to do much of that...not at least when Lacey's running the ball at 309lbs.

If you're Bill Belichick it won't matter because he has 4 rings, but when you only have one and bumbled away 2 more shots at it with bad coaching, it matters a lot IMO....
I'll bet if he don't get it together this yr he's out of GB....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a lifelong Green Bay Packer fan and I am picking on Lacy's weight. I don't care what the coaches look like, the players , that is different. The truth is that Mike McCarthy actually kept it all behind closed doors all season long while Lacy ignored it then and only then did McCarthy go public. I listened to a Jordy Nelson interview and he echoed those sentiment that McCarthy actually went to bat for Lacy.

That's baloney man, I've been hearing this since last yr and all yr long this yr, the benching and all....And I don't see how you can call a coach that throws his player under the media bus a good coach....I've watched the greats, Lombardi, Walsh, Landry etc, never seen one of them ever do that....Have you ever seen BB do something like that, No and you won't, he's too smart for that, Fat Mac ain't....
I think GB has a very good team that is being held back because of him, and he's gonna drop a dime on one of his players ?????:L

IMG_1054.jpg

Last edited:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're Bill Belichick it won't matter because he has 4 rings, but when you only have one and bumbled away 2 more shots at it with bad coaching, it matters a lot IMO....
I'll bet if he don't get it together this yr he's out of GB....

Maybe, but totally different issues you are talking about.

When in the playoffs, anything can happen. It's one game. Stuff happens. The HC being fat doesn't play into that. That's not even in the same ballpark as Lacey's issues.

Being fat and out of shape doesn't just happen. It's a commitment to be a world class athlete, be as physical as these guys are, and gain 30lbs. I mean, you hear stories of how much food guys consume at all hours of the day just to keep weight ON, and Lacey's doing a fine job of that on his own without much help.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's baloney man, I've been hearing this since last yr and all yr long this yr, the benching and all....And I don't see how you can call a coach that throws his player under the media bus a good coach....I've watched the greats, Lombardi, Walsh, Landry etc, never seen one of them ever do that....Have you ever seen BB do something like that, No and you won't, he's too smart for that, Fat Mac ain't....
I think GB has a very good team that is being held back because of him, and he's gonna drop a dime on one of his players ?????:L

View attachment 84945
I have followed Green Bay football for nearly fifty years and I have followed all the coverage. We have Packer's coverage 365 days a year and all season long Mike McCarthy said shit in public regarding his weight. It's not hard to find the Jordy Nelson interview. McCarthy did chastise Lacy for missing a curfew. That was totally called for and expected of the coach. After the season he had every right to call out Lacy's fat ass since he didn't say shit in public during the season after Lacy was told he was playing to heavy and not in the proper conditioning.

Here is the Jordy Nelson interview:
Jordy Nelson: Eddie Lacy's Weight Probably Not Ideal

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have followed Green Bay football for nearly fifty years and I have followed all the coverage. We have Packer's coverage 365 days a year and all season long Mike McCarthy said shit in public regarding his weight. It's not hard to find the Jordy Nelson interview. McCarthy did chastise Lacy for missing a curfew. That was totally called for and expected of the coach. After the season he had every right to call out Lacy's fat ass since he didn't say shit in public during the season after Lacy was told he was playing to heavy and not in the proper conditioning.

A great take-away from that:

We all know your body is your job.

A players' responsibility to to stay in shape.

A coaches responsibility is to coach.

Whether a coach has done a good, or poor, job of coaching, it still doesn't detract from the fact that a player must still take care of himself, and a coach has a right to expect that.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see your view, I just don't agree with it.....Is he not showing up for work, not producing better than any other rb on the team, causing trouble in the locker room ????
If he is so far out of shape, why isn't someone else their #1 rb ??
He must be pretty good, and my gripe is not with him requiring that of Lacy, just his going media with it...
But you have to also consider that most rb's don't have speed and power, so he has to get the best out of Lacy and I think that's his power....Get a Ray Rice type to spell him on those plays, you don't try to make a bulldozer a indy racer....Not smart !!

012d6edbe81b0a3fe31ea30c89ad1f6fd048c98859f40e5ca716e5ea9e21ba17.jpg

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the most retarded thing I've read in a while.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No matter Derski, it would just be as putrid as your other efforts....

rogawful-600x337.jpg :heh::heh::heh:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what is really out, slow fat fuckers who lack motivation. It isn't big running backs it's out of condition athletes. In all honesty I am really pulling for Eddie Lacy, I might be the first to point out his flaws but I will be his biggest supporter if he shows the desire and will to get himself into proper playing shape.

Bold being the biggest factor.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy has regressed every year he's been in the league. Pretty clear to see. Yes, you can say the O line wasn't great this year, but that's no excuse for what's going on. Everybody can see that he is a good 15+ pounds overweight. If I had to guess, right now Lacy is closer to 260 than he is 240. Lacy would be at his best around 230. He didn't even get 200 carries this season, and the coaches are calling him out. It's time for him to change, or else.
That's funny cause his second year stats were better overall than his first. He has one bad year that included injuries to himself and numerous o linemen and he's regressed? Still averaged over 4 ypc and almost 10 yards per catch. Nice try though