• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ed Reed To Be Waived By Texans

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...I wonder if his contract will let him slide to the Pats.

3/20/2013: Signed a three-year, $15 million contract. The deal contains $6 million guaranteed -- a $2 million signing bonus, $1 million first-year roster bonus, and Reed's 2013 base salary. 2013: $3 million, 2014: $4 million, 2015: $5 million, 2016: Free Agent

He's not the Ed Reed of old but he has to be better than Harmon in a backup role..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another free safety?

If Houston's cutting him what does he have left?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Pats will try to put a claim in. If they bare interested.......it would be as a FA. That way they don't have to pay they contract.

Reed may want to either go back to Baltimore or retire.

Is he healthy?

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will claim him off waivers. They'd be picking up an obscene contract, given his production this year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign at or near veteran minimum somewhere - New England would be a candidate for that. I don't think we'll see him in a Pats uniform, but I wouldn't be too shocked. I also wouldn't be surprised if he just retired.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reed signed with the texans he thought he was getting a free ride to the postseason, he didnt even want to play early on he wanted to come in and play in the important games down the stretch. now that houston is horrible he probably was upset and not trying really hard. if hes on the pats down the stretch and the postseason he will bring his A game. we should sign him immediatly.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want a guy who wont play hard if his team isnt winning.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Pats order in the waiver claims, it is down there . Reed is not making it that far down. And Briz cause he is old you cut him Slack no, Pats need someone willing to play hard every game here on in, not someone looking to play when it benefits him. He might as well retire.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Pats order in the waiver claims, it is down there . Reed is not making it that far down. And Briz cause he is old you cut him Slack no, Pats need someone willing to play hard every game here on in, not someone looking to play when it benefits him. He might as well retire.
yea i agree you dont want players like that on your team. its all about winning though if reed despite his crappy attitude and play would come in here on a legit contender and change his tune and play lights out sign me up. i really think his problems in houston were due to their horrible record and not necessarily his skill. could be wrong but we seen it before like with moss, he wasnt trying in oakland then he came here and was superman. if we could tap into that i would be on board.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the reports are correct, Schefter says he wasn't claimed.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the reports are correct, Schefter says he wasn't claimed.

Correct. NFL Live just reported that he is a FA.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hilarious rex ryan is trying to get him. i hope bb signs reed just to own ryan.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unclaimed...WOW. Something is up. Make an offer and see what happens. I see NYJ paying more.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear alot of talk about reed being done from pat fans and they dont want him, they say hes horrible this year and bad last year. when you look at last year the ravens were pretty much waiting for the playoffs the second half of the year. they were playing bad ball and had injuries, lewis was out and they strung together a bunch of losses to end the season. but when the playoffs came they turned it up a notch to new level. their old players stepped up their game and won the sb. its about motivation. yeah reed is not the same as he was, just like moss, but in the right situation and motivated they can still play a good game. that situation should be availble to reed on the pats. we'll be in the playoffs and thats what he wants. he lost that in houston almost immediately with them sucking. i do think reed could flip the switch and turn it on when he wants thats why we got to get him hes not done.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claiming Reed would have meant picking up the contract he signed with the Texans. By waiting and getting him as a free agent, a new contract can be negotiated. Either way, I don't know if he's a good fit.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise...LaCanfora is reporting the Jets and Pats are actively courting him.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unclaimed...WOW. Something is up. Make an offer and see what happens. I see NYJ paying more.

"Something is up" yeah, he's grotesquely overpaid for his production and injuries for the year. If you claim him off waivers, you have to pay the salary the Texans gave him. That means no kicking the tires, no risk free tryouts, etc. You are on the hook for a large amount of cash.