• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ed Reed released by Texans after comments

xBxtxDx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't really argue against Reed's comments, sorry Wade, but you were out-coached and out-played, which is why you were hung with another L this week. If you had out-coached and out-played, there would have been a W. Then again though, this is Wade Phillips we are talking about, he is a decent D coordinator, but crappy head coach.

And oh, the comments were not even that bad, sounds like this was more of an excuse to let Reed go.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Reed is crying a river not being on a team that has completely fallen apart. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank with the $6 million he got for playing in like 5 games.

Worst part about this is I bet the Patriots go get him, although I'm not convinced he's got much left in the tank anyways.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Reed is crying a river not being on a team that has completely fallen apart. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank with the $6 million he got for playing in like 5 games.

Worst part about this is I bet the Patriots go get him, although I'm not convinced he's got much left in the tank anyways.

I think the Patriots will take a shot at him. Don't really want him though. They need to stop the run....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woops... thought this was the NFL General Board not Broncos Board.. my bad...

Hell of a team you guys got in Denver though!

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redseat,

No worries, you are welcome to the conversation. We are even nice enough to let chiefs fans join in our conversations.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Patriots will take a shot at him. Don't really want him though. They need to stop the run....

It wouldn't surprise me if Belichek took a run at him. He has always liked the cast off veterans that he thinks he can turn around and get the last bit of talent out of them. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play a lot better than he did for Houston as well to prove people wrong that he is not done as a player. Also nothing motivates a player quite like going to a team actually in the thick of it all.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if Belichek took a run at him. He has always liked the cast off veterans that he thinks he can turn around and get the last bit of talent out of them. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play a lot better than he did for Houston as well to prove people wrong that he is not done as a player. Also nothing motivates a player quite like going to a team actually in the thick of it all.

Ehhh, I have the feeling he'll be the next Haynesworth instead of the next Moss. I thought the guy was pretty much done last season.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I was hearing ystdy, they don`t think anybody will pk up his 1.8 mill to sign him from Houston waiver and that he will clear waiver. Then, maybe the Pats or somebody will sign him if they negotiate a reasonable salary for rest of season. My personal thought is he def clears waiver and nobody grabs him and he retires. He is def not the same Ed anymore and he should just retire and wait for his Hall of Fame induction.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
redseat,

No worries, you are welcome to the conversation. We are even nice enough to let chiefs fans join in our conversations.

Thank you!

Question: Does Wes Welker make manning better then he is? I can ask the same thing when Welker with Brady. I mean Welker is a security blanket anyway you look at it so that has to help a QB tremendously. I am so not saying Manning isn't good or anything like that because he is fantastic but I often had wondered that with Brady

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is true. BB has a habit of picking the pieces of once good players and at least getting something out of them. I just don't know if Reed will mess up the chemistry in the locker room for the patriots. Then again as you mentioned "success/winning" changes people so that might not be a problem for Reed.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!

Question: Does Wes Welker make manning better then he is? I can ask the same thing when Welker with Brady. I mean Welker is a security blanket anyway you look at it so that has to help a QB tremendously. I am so not saying Manning isn't good or anything like that because he is fantastic but I often had wondered that with Brady

Welker definitely adds to the team. Last year I would say the Broncos had a decent slot receiver in Stokley and Welker is just blowing his stats out of the water. He truly has become Peyton's go to guy already. I would say his intelligence is what separates him from most guys and why guys like Brady and Peyton like him so much in they can know and trust that he sees the same thing they do and knows how to exploit the defense.

Now I will say I think the Broncos are doing a better job of utilizing Welker's skill set than what the Patriots did just in the showing of what he brings along the goal line with his quick cutting ability and being able to manipulate a defender to have no clue whether he is going outside or inside.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker definitely adds to the team. Last year I would say the Broncos had a decent slot receiver in Stokley and Welker is just blowing his stats out of the water. He truly has become Peyton's go to guy already. I would say his intelligence is what separates him from most guys and why guys like Brady and Peyton like him so much in they can know and trust that he sees the same thing they do and knows how to exploit the defense.

Now I will say I think the Broncos are doing a better job of utilizing Welker's skill set than what the Patriots did just in the showing of what he brings along the goal line with his quick cutting ability and being able to manipulate a defender to have no clue whether he is going outside or inside.

Important to note also that in New England, Welker was pretty much THE GUY and teams game planned for him mostly. In Denver not only do they have to game plan him, they have to game plan JT,DT,ED and Moreno as well. When you have somebody with the skill set that Wes has and then you got all that other talent......Wow. As last gm showed ( Welker 3 repts for 21 yds and 6 targets) He`s not the main guy anymore but you sure better game him. Matter of fact, I`am thinking were going to see alot of Welker this Sunday and it wont surprise me if he leads the team in receptions and scoring. KC D linebackers will have their hands full with Welker and J.Thomas. Their ( KC Lbs) are very good vs run and in pass rush, but their slow and weak in pass coverage. That`s where Manning and co will exploit them early and then when the S and Dbs move up...Decker and DT will take advantage with the long ball over the top!!. Yes....I do paint a pretty picture if I may say so myself:yahoo:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. BB has a habit of picking the pieces of once good players and at least getting something out of them. I just don't know if Reed will mess up the chemistry in the locker room for the patriots. Then again as you mentioned "success/winning" changes people so that might not be a problem for Reed.

His record is better for underrated players who still have a lot of career left. You look at his recent record for players that for into Reed's catagory, not so much.

I'd be surprised if a team picks him up to be honest. He'd be at best backup depth at this point.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EXCELLENT POINTS!!! I think Welker could have done even more with the patriots but Hernandez and Gronk hurt him. which sucks! He is one hell of an intelligent guy just like Manning and that's why they are so successful!

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!

I think it's more if a symbiotic relationship. Welker and Manning up the level of play for each. Welker is great at running routes, being able to get open in tight coverage and reading what the defense is doing so Manning and him are on the same page a lot.

Add in that while Jimmy Graham may be leading the league in TD catches with 10 TD's, the next 4 receivers are tied at 9 and along with Megatron, that is Welker, Demaryius Thomas and Julius Thomas.

Welker gives Manning options as does Juice at TE to go along with DT and Decker who with 49 rec and 721 yards is not exactly a slouch.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His record is better for underrated players who still have a lot of career left. You look at his recent record for players that for into Reed's catagory, not so much.

I'd be surprised if a team picks him up to be honest. He'd be at best backup depth at this point.

True, Moss and Haynesworth SUCKED! But I attribute that to the actual player and not the team. These two really didn't want to be in NEW England imo.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i tried to pick up Decker in one of my leagues and thanks to my waiver pick I lost out on him :(