• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Echo

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daredevil / Hawkeye spinoff Echo, about Maya Lopez, the superheroine known as Echo who has Taskmaster-like powers, is coming to Disney+! Logo:

k8ol7tg117z71.jpg

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel just announced release date as Wednesday, November 29, 2023.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read they recut this from 6 episodes to 5 and now I see they're dumping them all at once instead of D+'s typical weekly release. That doesn't bode well for the quality of this show imo

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read they recut this from 6 episodes to 5 and now I see they're dumping them all at once instead of D+'s typical weekly release. That doesn't bode well for the quality of this show imo
South Park really fucked with Disney something fierce. Marvel has essentially blown up the MCU since that episode dropped. Marvel seems to be suffering a similar fate as DC.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer looks gritty and interesting at least, but the MCU is in a really bad place right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full series drops tonight at 6PM PST (9PM EST).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished.

My primary complaint is the subtitles. It is very difficult to watch light fare such as a MCU show while having to read the dialogue. Something as low calorie as this requires that I be doing something else while “watching”. And having captions while characters are speaking ASL makes the story hard to follow. Not that the story was in any way complicated enough to really require following the dialogue.

It was 1000x better than She-Hulk, but that isn’t saying much. The fight choreography was dull. Not as bad as Jessica Jones (the choreography for her was atrocious), but not nearly as good as Daredevil, Iron Fist or Cage. Those shows had truly superior fight choreography. This was clearly slowed by the physical limitations of the lead, but did OK for what it was, I guess.

While this was yet another “I am woman, hear me roar” masterbatorie piece by the MCU, the fem-power was actually integral to the story, and I didn’t feel like it was shoe-horned in just for the sake of making sure everyone knew just how pro-women the producers were. It actually belonged in the story they were choosing to tell.

Overall, it was somewhat toothless, but not as bad as much of the recent garbage Disney has been kicking out under the MCU banner. That isn’t intended to be as much of a compliment as it sounds. I would give it a 6/10 as I sit right now. Good enough to not get pissed about, but probably not good enough to ever feel the need to watch again.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished.

My primary complaint is the subtitles. It is very difficult to watch light fare such as a MCU show while having to read the dialogue. Something as low calorie as this requires that I be doing something else while “watching”. And having captions while characters are speaking ASL makes the story hard to follow. Not that the story was in any way complicated enough to really require following the dialogue.

It was 1000x better than She-Hulk, but that isn’t saying much. The fight choreography was dull. Not as bad as Jessica Jones (the choreography for her was atrocious), but not nearly as good as Daredevil, Iron Fist or Cage. Those shows had truly superior fight choreography. This was clearly slowed by the physical limitations of the lead, but did OK for what it was, I guess.

While this was yet another “I am woman, hear me roar” masterbatorie piece by the MCU, the fem-power was actually integral to the story, and I didn’t feel like it was shoe-horned in just for the sake of making sure everyone knew just how pro-women the producers were. It actually belonged in the story they were choosing to tell.

Overall, it was somewhat toothless, but not as bad as much of the recent garbage Disney has been kicking out under the MCU banner. That isn’t intended to be as much of a compliment as it sounds. I would give it a 6/10 as I sit right now. Good enough to not get pissed about, but probably not good enough to ever feel the need to watch again.

i only saw the first episode so far... but i already felt like they missed an opportunity... now i dont know how the show will progress so i can be way wrong... but the first episode gave me that it is revenge p0rn...

i didnt think we needed that... i would have liked to bring in the new hawkeye girl and make her a main character in this show... not sure yet if she is even in it... but this is the other problem Marvel is having, if you bring in new characters, dont just forget about them... use them...

hell, this show could be a better introduction to Iron Heart than black panther 2 was...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a chick in it and make her gay, lame, fat, and black!

200w.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put a chick in it and make her gay, lame, fat, and black!

200w.gif
Chic - check
Lame - check (she is literally an amputee)
Fat - check (“thick” is probably more accurate)
Black - nope. She is NA/Hispanic.
Gay - no indication either way.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chic - check
Lame - check (she is literally an amputee)
Fat - check (“thick” is probably more accurate)
Black - nope. She is NA/Hispanic.
Gay - no indication either way.

......... make her GAY DAMMIT! *throws fruit bowl across room*

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 episodes made it seem like they tried to hard to fit everything in...

I also didn't like how at multiple times we had no idea what they were saying because they were just signing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 episodes made it seem like they tried to hard to fit everything in...

I also didn't like how at multiple times we had no idea what they were saying because they were just signing.
I dont really feel that the deaf part had a lot to do with the story or her character. Murdoch’s blindness is who he is. It is what increased his other senses to super-power levels which made him who he is. Maya’s deafness is just a struggle. It has nothing to do with her powers or anything about her character (some minor character development in regards to isolation, but that was never really highlighted in the show). The deafness (and he leg, for that matter) are totally peripheral and not needed for the story at all. Except that it made the story a bit harder to follow due to the subtitles.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont really feel that the deaf part had a lot to do with the story or her character. Murdoch’s blindness is who he is. It is what increased his other senses to super-power levels which made him who he is. Maya’s deafness is just a struggle. It has nothing to do with her powers or anything about her character (some minor character development in regards to isolation, but that was never really highlighted in the show). The deafness (and he leg, for that matter) are totally peripheral and not needed for the story at all. Except that it made the story a bit harder to follow due to the subtitles.

The flashbacks were a little hard to follow as well but that's what happens when it is only 5 episodes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flashbacks were a little hard to follow as well but that's what happens when it is only 5 episodes
They also totally changed her from her comic counterpart. The mystical maternal power that she has in the show does not exist in the comics.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flashbacks, and thus her backstory, are pretty cookie cutter (outside of the mysticism). She lost her mom early, which for some reason pissed off her maternal grandmother which led her dad deeper into a life of crime, which led to her building a relationship with Fisk as her surrogate uncle. Her father put her in martial arts classes as a kid to help her deal with her sorrow of losing her mother and getting disconnected from the rest of her family. As an adult, she witnesses a super hero blatantly murder her father (strong “Boys” vibes, here), which thrusts her further into a life of crime, until a different superhero connects to her and shows her the truth about her “uncle”.

All of that is OK, but nothing we haven’t seen before. It is rather dull. And in no way makes her leg or hearing a major part of her struggle that formed her and made her the bad ass that she is supposed to be now. The deafness and her leg are just there. They are completely pointless to the story and ultimately, only ended up making the story harder to tell (captions), making it a less enjoyable view.

But at least they finally got the female story telling part down. Seriously. The maternal aspect to her power may have been “Let’s go, gurl”, but it fit in the story, so I had no problem with it. It was vital to the story that was being told, and wasn’t just flavor added after the fact to show wokeness.

Her disabilities were. So the show still had woke story aspects that were a net negative.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier I don't get the whole Fisk surrogate uncle thing.. Her father worked for Fisk? Is that what that's about and as a result he is the "uncle?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also totally changed her from her comic counterpart. The mystical maternal power that she has in the show does not exist in the comics.

Oh so her backstory in this show is bullshit?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so her backstory in this show is bullshit?

changing backstory is not new for the Marvel universe... they basically have done it for every superhero in their universe... and this too doesnt seem like a bad one as they emphasize her culture by doing so...

Ms Marvel was very egregious change... but it worked because they emphasized her Pakistani muslim heritage..