• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, the Celtics backcourt outscored the Cavs backcourt 52-16. Those numbers are even bleaker if you match up just the starters(41-3).

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well except the rest of the team on the Bulls in '86 were awful. The Cavs have reached multiple finals and still have two HOFers and solid role players who can hit the 3.

Youre completely drunk

The Difference in this series is simple

The Cavs get absolutely nothing on either end from guys like JR Smith, Larry Nance, Jordan Clarkson, Jeff Green, George Hill, Rodney Hood

Every single guy that steps on the court for the Celtics has contributed to these wins, even Aaron Baynes has been a hugely significant player

And Kevin Love isnt going to the HOF

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youre completely drunk

The Difference in this series is simple

The Cavs get absolutely nothing on either end from guys like JR Smith, Larry Nance, Jordan Clarkson, Jeff Green, George Hill, Rodney Hood

Every single guy that steps on the court for the Celtics has contributed to these wins, even Aaron Baynes has been a hugely significant player

And Kevin Love isnt going to the HOF
whats a typical HOF resume look like?

Love will have probably 6-7 all star games, and a championship or two....probably only a couple ALL NBA teams....i highly doubt thats enough

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats a typical HOF resume look like?

Love will have probably 6-7 all star games, and a championship or two....probably only a couple ALL NBA teams....i highly doubt thats enough

No Way, but than again, I never saw Chris Bosh as a Hall of Famer, and most people dis-agree

I dont really pay attention to All Star Games cause every team is represented and Love was always gonna be that guy on a shitty Twolves team

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Way, but than again, I never saw Chris Bosh as a Hall of Famer, and most people dis-agree

I dont really pay attention to All Star Games cause every team is represented and Love was always gonna be that guy on a shitty Twolves team

Love has a pretty good chance of making the Hall.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They shouldn't be. In context, he was complimenting them and talking about how the Cavs need to toughen up.

Gooning isn't the word I would use to compliment an NBA team though.

I actually don't think they were doing anything outside of the norm.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they werent.

tyronns my age, he should remember the bad boys.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has a pretty good chance of making the Hall.

You may be right, but I know Ive never watched a HOF player in a Cavs uniform, so maybe his compiling on a bad Twolves team will get him in

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It might not have been the best word choice, but here is what he said, in context:

"They're playing physical. Its just part of competing. We got to be tougher. They're playing tougher than we are. We see that. They're being physical. They're gooning the game up and we got to do the same thing. We got to be tougher, mentally and physically. "

The refs have definitely let the play be physical so far this series, which is fine, as long as they are consistent for both teams, which they have been. If the refs are going to let that physicality happen, then the Cavs HAVE to match it. The Celtics have been playing defense with a lot of physical contact. If the refs are going to call it that way, they should. And so should the Cavs. I think that's all Lue was saying.

But of course the beat writers go running off to the Celtics locker room telling the Celtics players that 1 phrase out of context. That's their job to create storylines.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but I know Ive never watched a HOF player in a Cavs uniform, so maybe his compiling on a bad Twolves team will get him in

The ring with the Cavs helps a lot of course... but his Minnesota resume is definitely the bulk of what has him with a decent shot at the hall.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I don't know if I would consider him a Hall of Famer. But the NBA isn't the toughest when it comes to voting people into the Hall.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't know if I would consider him a Hall of Famer. But the NBA isn't the toughest when it comes to voting people into the Hall.

Whats your thoughts on Bosh?

Another guy that seems like a lock, but Ive never watched and said "yup, hall of fame player"

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For reference, bbref has Love's HOF probability at 68% today. Which is 14th highest among active players.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting a high pick in the lotto....

I hope Ayton or Doncic falls to you--- but if not Jackson or Bagley is a HELLUVA consolation prize.

Id take Jackson. I think hes going to be a star.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats your thoughts on Bosh?

Another guy that seems like a lock, but Ive never watched and said "yup, hall of fame player"

Well he was an 11 time All-star. That's quite a lot. Plus a couple of titles.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats on getting a high pick in the lotto....

I hope Ayton or Doncic falls to you--- but if not Jackson or Bagley is a HELLUVA consolation prize.

Id take Jackson. I think hes going to be a star.

Yeah thanks, as soon as we snuck into the Top 3, I sat there saying 'We will be 3rd'
LOL

The consensus seems to be that Doncic and Ayton will be 1-2........I like Bagley offensively, do wonder if he will get pushed around on the defensive end

Gotta be honest, didnt see much of Jackson at MSU, I do hear he is freakish

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goooning means you edge for awhile. So basically the Celtics are edging and waiting to explode anytime LOL. Maybe they are looking at pics of Lebron to edge