• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Kyrie has missed a substantial part, or all of the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years

over the next 4 years of his career- if you were to guess how many times he would be healthy for the playoffs how many times would you guess? 3 at most?

It depends on how the manage his minutes BUT maybe that doesn’t matter either. He hasn’t played an average of more than 35 mins per game.

I would say coming off this injury it will be a shortened season and he will be ready for the playoffs if no injuries occur. So 2 to 3 years but you know in a couple years another injury will occur, it’s just the way he plays the game. It’s why he is so damn good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The C's are one of the most interchangeable, "positionless" teams in the league... not perfectly so, but pretty damn interchangeable...

It's probably the biggest reason they are the top defense in the NBA, even though they lack a true rim protector.

I can't tell you exactly how Stevens and co. are gonna mastermind it... but they've been switching all season and making it work for the most part.

The last thing the C’s want to do is let Love get in a groove bc when he finds it, it seems like everyone finds a groove when he gets in the action. Korver, JR, Green have been shooting lights out. Hill has beeb playing really good ball and will be the toughest matchup Rozier has seen yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the 08 combine results, the year George Hill got drafted, and he had the lowest body fat at 3%. Isn’t 3% considered unhealthy? Lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn’t be kissing the ground now, with him on the bench and he wasn’t in 2015 when he would most certainly have another title if he was healthy or possibly Love. Kyrie is done. They might have accidently traded him at the perfect time lol

I agree Kyrie can’t be trusted to ever stay healthy.
Different topic.
Thats the future.
Maybe start a new thread to discuss.

As far as the past, for LeBron, no Kyrie = No titles as a Cav.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing the C’s want to do is let Love get in a groove bc when he finds it, it seems like everyone finds a groove when he gets in the action. Korver, JR, Green have been shooting lights out. Hill has beeb playing really good ball and will be the toughest matchup Rozier has seen yet.

We can lend you Kelly O if you need his shoulder to be dislocated.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love was in the same draft. He had 13% body fat lmao. The highest

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Kyrie can’t be trusted to ever stay healthy.
Different topic.
Thats the future.
Maybe start a new thread to discuss.

As far as the past, for LeBron, no Kyrie = No titles as a Cav.

Well that topic kinda pointless bc that brings us to the topic that you cant win without stars around you. Kind of a no brainer. He also costed the Cavs title being injured. Not complaining but it is what it is. Without Lebron they wouldn’t have any titles either. It’s a team effort.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Celtics are similar to the Pacers, just better coached, with better players... but with no oladipo.

Should be a good series.
They have Brown, Tatum & Rozier (who has lost his mind in these playoffs so far) - and all have played better in these playoffs than Olidipo, which should terrify Cavs fans.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that topic kinda pointless bc that brings us to the topic that you cant win without stars around you. Kind of a no brainer. He also costed the Cavs title being injured. Not complaining but it is what it is. Without Lebron they wouldn’t have any titles either. It’s a team effort.
great post.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live with Lebron killing you. Don't let guys like Korver and JR start getting wide open looks like they were getting in Toronto.
I'm guessing it's fairly possible that JR is a non-factor in this series if he's asked to guard Tatum or Rozier. They are going to run him ragged.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones: Kyrie had it backward in regards to LeBron

Kyrie Irving had it backward, and no, it has nothing to do with inane flat-earth theories.

Having asked for and granted his wish to be traded, dwarfed by the monolithic shadow of LeBron James and wanting to be The Man on his own team, Irving was sent to Boston on Aug. 22.

Despite being tasked with taking and making the biggest shot in franchise history, a 3-pointer in the face of Steph Curry in Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals, somehow Irving believed, or was convinced by those around him, that he was being held back by James, even though he hoisted more shots per game than James in his last season with the Cavs.

Having watched James in the playoffs this spring, it’s clear now someone was indeed being held back when Irving and James were teammates from 2015 through 2017.

And that someone wasn’t Irving… it was James.

Irving was holding him, this version of LeBron, back.
How could Kyrie be holding LBJ back when LBJ was playing PG a lot of the time? That means he had the ball in his hands often which also means he had opportunities to take over games. SMH

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didnt the Celtics just knock off 2 teams who had the star player(s)?

Star players lose all the time.

Obviously when you stack 2,3,4 together they should win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt the Celtics just knock off 2 teams who had the star player(s)?

Star players lose all the time.

Obviously when you stack 2,3,4 together they should win.
big difference knocking off a weak Heat team and a Sixers team who took a jump from being terrible to winning a playoff series in one year and the Warriors

plus Tatum and Brown are really good players with star potential. Rozier is a really good player. Id arguably take any of those 3 guys over anyone on your heat. Al horford is a really good player.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big difference knocking off a weak Heat team and a Sixers team who took a jump from being terrible to winning a playoff series in one year and the Warriors

plus Tatum and Brown are really good players with star potential. Rozier is a really good player. Id arguably take any of those 3 guys over anyone on your heat. Al horford is a really good player.

Jesus. The Heat fucking own you.
Thats all you think about. It so sad, yet so funny.

Im pretty sure Boston beat Milwaukee, not the Heat.

Anyway, I think Cavs win, so what point are you making to me?

My point, which people with a brain can easily comprehend, was that having the best player in the series on your team often means nothing.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love had a revealing explanation on what it takes to be a star playing with LeBron James

• Kevin Love acknowledged in a recent interview that he tends to get most of the blame when the Cleveland Cavaliers struggle, while LeBron James gets most of the credit when the Cavaliers do well.
  • Still, Love says he is okay with this and that he hopes fans will appreciate that he was a part of a title-winning team in Cleveland after his career is over.

I know that you know when we have success I might not get the credit and when we do lose or have a bad string of games that I might get the blame but that comes with the territory," Love said. "And at the end of the day hopefully at the end of my career, they'll look and say 'Wow Kevin did a lot in Cleveland and you know did a lot for this city and brought a championship here' and hopefully multiple championships."

Love had no harsh words for LeBron, however.

"LeBron should get a lot of the praise," he said. "I mean look what he's been able to do, he's been so unbelievable in this run and throughout his entire career."

Love did say that playing alongside LeBron has taught him some things, mainly "what it means to sacrifice."

He has sacrificed a good deal to be a part of a contending team in Cleveland, going from being the focal point of the Minnesota Timberwolves offense to a second or even third option behind LeBron and, at one point, Kyrie Irving in Cleveland. Still, he did win a championship in 2016, and also got a rare defensive highlight in the process when he famously got a defensive stop on Stephen Curry, so it is fair to say things have worked out for Love.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus. The Heat fucking own you.
Thats all you think about. It so sad, yet so funny.

Im pretty sure Boston beat Milwaukee, not the Heat.

Anyway, I think Cavs win, so what point are you making to me?

My point, which people with a brain can easily comprehend, was that having the best player in the series on your team means nothing.
I was just saying as far as strength of a team goes- the Sixers have a lot of talent but still are inexperienced--- but that this year experience was very very valuable--- and beating a weak Heat team was not that impressive of the Sixers. The Sixers werent quite as good as we thought they wer when they beat the Heat 4-1 and prob just werent quite ready this year--- all though give the Sixers credit- jumping from being a bad bad team last year to winning ap layoff series is pretty freaking good.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point, which people with a brain can easily comprehend, was that having the best player in the series on your team often means nothing.
lol

this has to be the dumbest comment about the NBA you have ever made

in no sport does having the best player mean more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love had a revealing explanation on what it takes to be a star playing with LeBron James

• Kevin Love acknowledged in a recent interview that he tends to get most of the blame when the Cleveland Cavaliers struggle, while LeBron James gets most of the credit when the Cavaliers do well.
  • Still, Love says he is okay with this and that he hopes fans will appreciate that he was a part of a title-winning team in Cleveland after his career is over.

I know that you know when we have success I might not get the credit and when we do lose or have a bad string of games that I might get the blame but that comes with the territory," Love said. "And at the end of the day hopefully at the end of my career, they'll look and say 'Wow Kevin did a lot in Cleveland and you know did a lot for this city and brought a championship here' and hopefully multiple championships."

Love had no harsh words for LeBron, however.

"LeBron should get a lot of the praise," he said. "I mean look what he's been able to do, he's been so unbelievable in this run and throughout his entire career."

Love did say that playing alongside LeBron has taught him some things, mainly "what it means to sacrifice."

He has sacrificed a good deal to be a part of a contending team in Cleveland, going from being the focal point of the Minnesota Timberwolves offense to a second or even third option behind LeBron and, at one point, Kyrie Irving in Cleveland. Still, he did win a championship in 2016, and also got a rare defensive highlight in the process when he famously got a defensive stop on Stephen Curry, so it is fair to say things have worked out for Love.

Yeah, that's just how it is when you have a transcendent star(s).

Other very good to great players aren't going to get as much credit as they deserve and probably more blame than they deserve.

Same thing happened with Chris Bosh in Miami with Lebron and D-Wade. Pau had the same thing when he was paired with Kobe and Pippen the same in being paired with MJ. Heck, you could say the same about James Worthy with Magic and Kareem, also McHale and Parrish with Bird.

Usually takes a few years after it's over before people start saying "Ya know, that other guy was pretty good too." lol

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

this has to be the dumbest comment about the NBA you have ever made

in no sport does having the best player mean more.

Except if you’re Boston playing Philly or the Bucks?

Was James the best player on the court in every Finals hes LOST?

Obviously when there are only 10 men on the floor, having the best one helps but a well coached group of talented players who work as a team can cause havoc.