• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will challenge the W’s the next couple years if guys can stay healthy and if Lebron doesn’t get more help on this Cavs team and he stays.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

And the killer bench:
Rozier
Larkin
Smart
Morris
Theis
Baynes

Not the star power the W’a have but with experience that is a contender to challenge them

I like what the Celtics have for the next however many years. Solid roster.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will challenge the W’s the next couple years if guys can stay healthy and if Lebron doesn’t get more help on this Cavs team and he stays.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

And the killer bench:
Rozier
Larkin
Smart
Morris
Theis
Baynes

Not the star power the W’a have but with experience that is a contender to challenge them

Regardless of whether Lebron stays or goes, I think this is the end of the Cavs dominance in the East. Next year, will be the beginning of a new era in which the Celtics and Sixers will be dominating(assuming the Sixers are able to bring in a top flight player) the East for the next few years.

I also think next year is the last year of Warriors dominance, heck it might be this year. It is really hard to dominate in the modern NBA for as long as the Warriors already have.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're calling Mr. Flat Earth Cryrie? :pound: Oh how the times have changed. It wasn't long ago you were explaining in detail why he was 1 of the top PG's in the league.

#dangilbertin2020
he cried his way from a 3 time NBA finalist and champion to a new team because he didnt like lebron getting all the credit--- dude was averaging 25 points a game and getting some of the most shots in the league.

he is cryrie....the guy threatened to have knee surgery if the cavs didnt trade him just because he was mentioned in a massive blockbuster that wouldve landed the cavs george and bledsoe etc....

i mean give me a break.

I think the guy is unbelievably talented but hes a little bit of a nut and a little bit of a cry baby.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

So they might be better but they also might be worse? LOL

Wow, that is some impressive stuff man

Stop being so wishy-washy

I think there is a sign-up form for the Flyerhawk Fan Club over at the PF forum.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

And the killer bench:
Rozier
Larkin
Smart
Morris
Theis
Baynes

If Lebron Lands in Philly, this Celtics core may never see a Finals appearance

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly it is the reason why I think Lebron is going to leave Cleveland. Unless the Cavs strike gold with the #8 pick, they are going to face a Celtics team with Kyrie and Hayward next year and a Sixers team with a year under their belt and likely one big name player added.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Tatum
Horford

And the killer bench:
Rozier
Larkin
Smart
Morris
Theis
Baynes

only problem is they cant keep all these guys....next year is the only year

then kyrie is up for a max contract---- Horford and Hayward already have maxes--- you can only have 3 maxes in this league right now.

Rozier will be restricted next year, Brown is getting closer to restricted free agency.....

they have a window of contention coming up- but they cant keep everyone. Smart is gonna be gone thats for sure. Rozier will prob be gone after next year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he cried his way from a 3 time NBA finalist and champion to a new team because he didnt like lebron getting all the credit--- dude was averaging 25 points a game and getting some of the most shots in the league.

he is cryrie....the guy threatened to have knee surgery if the cavs didnt trade him just because he was mentioned in a massive blockbuster that wouldve landed the cavs george and bledsoe etc....

i mean give me a break.

I think the guy is unbelievably talented but hes a little bit of a nut and a little bit of a cry baby.

So are you saying you set your Cavs Kyrie jersey on fire?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it is the reason why I think Lebron is going to leave Cleveland. Unless the Cavs strike gold with the #8 pick, they are going to face a Celtics team with Kyrie and Hayward next year and a Sixers team with a year under their belt and likely one big name player added.
Cavs, assuming lebron stays, will def. benefit from a year of continuity as well.

trading half your team and then having a bunch of injuries- and basically getting your rotations set in the playoffs is less than ideal. lol.....I think Nance and Clarkson can show up in meaningful ways if they are properly integrated.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have a window of contention coming up- but they cant keep everyone. Smart is gonna be gone thats for sure. Rozier will prob be gone after next year.

I have to think that Smart played his way to at least $15 million a year if not more.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it's not looking good for Cavs fans. He walks away again & they go from relevant to irrelevant overnight for a 2nd time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
comparing capela to whiteside? are you crazy? capela is another extremely versatile big that can cover the inside or the perimeter and keep up with the new type of big men in the league

whiteside is a dinosaur that just does not fit in todays pace and space league. 20 years ago he could very well have been a monster--- now hes just a monster contract with very little tangible use.

Capela is a product of the system.

As @tlance pointed out , if the Suns offer him a max, it will be a huge mistake.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never had one-- but if i did- id prob use it as a rag to dry my car off after i wash it...not burn it.

Can you hook me up w/ a Trajin Langdin Cavs throwback jersey?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs, assuming lebron stays, will def. benefit from a year of continuity as well.

trading half your team and then having a bunch of injuries- and basically getting your rotations set in the playoffs is less than ideal. lol.....I think Nance and Clarkson can show up in meaningful ways if they are properly integrated.

If Lebron stays they are essentially going to have the same team as they have this year. Lebron played more minutes than anyone else in the league as a 33 year old.

Do you think he wants to do that again next year? Do you really think that the Cavs are the presumptive favorite to win the East again next year if Hayward and Kyrie are healthy and someone like Paul George goes to Philly? I sure don't.

Nance and Clarkson are, at best, supplementary players and at worst negative impact players. George Hill is getting paid 17 million next year to be about the 20-25 best PGs in basketball. JR Smith is essentially stealing paychecks these days. Korver is Korver.

Maybe if Tristan Thompson elevates his game to one of the top 10 big men in the game, it's possible they could beat those other 2 teams but that's a big ask.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not looking good for Cavs fans. He walks away again & they go from relevant to irrelevant overnight for a 2nd time.

Well that is an inevitiability. Where it is next year or the year after or maybe the year after. It is the House that Bron built and it likely be a long time before they become a dominant team again, unless they strike gold in the draft again.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,496.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron would prefer to not have to score 40.

#notmuchhelp

He's due for a down game if you believe in patterns. He's having to do a lot. He's playing great overall but he is human.

Too much honestly. And the series is headed back to Boston.

I think Boston feeds off the environment at home, it's the only thing that can explain why they play so differently on the road.