• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chances of Bosh ever being cleared is slim to none
Heat must at least think ts a possibility if they are facilitating a buy out rather than just moving to the injury retirement option

this was an interestng passage that seems to expres there is a chance:

According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Bosh wouldn’t be doing anything new by playing on that type of blood thinner:

Bosh wouldn’t be the first athlete to do that: Former Florida Panthers player Tomas Fleischmann takes anticoagulant injections after games that are out of his system by game time.

Jackson expresses concern that Bosh will be able to play on back-to-backs but with what would be around 20 hours or so between game times, it does seem like Bosh would be able to. The bigger issue could be how long Bosh can sustain a high level of activity.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat must at least think ts a possibility if they are facilitating a buy out rather than just moving to the injury retirement option

this was an interestng passage that seems to expres there is a chance:

According to the Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson, Bosh wouldn’t be doing anything new by playing on that type of blood thinner:

Bosh wouldn’t be the first athlete to do that: Former Florida Panthers player Tomas Fleischmann takes anticoagulant injections after games that are out of his system by game time.

Jackson expresses concern that Bosh will be able to play on back-to-backs but with what would be around 20 hours or so between game times, it does seem like Bosh would be able to. The bigger issue could be how long Bosh can sustain a high level of activity.

The last 2 years Bosh blood clots took place was right during the AS break. I would expect the same if he tries to play again. This doesn't happen by mistake in 2 straight years at the same exact point in the season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie was unreal last night.

He said he got in the zone- that is just fun to watch.

lets just hope they finish it offi in 5....12-1 would be pretty awesome to get through the East. lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the savior last year in the finals but he's now the true MVP of the team. Lebroke can't even hold his shoes.

Your trolling needs work. You have potential, but you're too repetitive. I admire your consistency though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a night when the Cleveland Cavaliers fell behind by 16 points with James picking up four first-half fouls, Irving came through with his finest playoff game, scoring a career-high 42 points in a 112-99 win that puts the Cavaliers one game away from the NBA Finals.

“Adversity has the way of bringing out the best in people, or the worst,” Irving said Tuesday night after the Cavaliers took a 3-1 series lead in the Eastern Conference finals. “You have a choice to make, and it has to be a fearless approach. I’m not going to waver. I’m not going to show signs of giving up.”

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has really impressed me this postseason

I expect Kyrie and Lebron to be great, but if Love can play like this, I give them a better chance against GS than i originally thought

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly. How are you feeling about that defense?
i thought last night they really put the screws to the celtics when they held em to 42 in the second half - what about u?

doesnt appear that defense has casued them to lose more games than last year in the East- even though they only lost twice last year in the east too. lol.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the way in 92.3 had in Tim Reynolds from Miami- and he talked about how Bosh and the Heat are trying to facilitate some kind of buy out so if he wants to try and play the Heat wont risk him coming back on the payroll------ said that if Bosh ever gets cleared LBJ will def. call him.

According to Ira Winderman of the Sun-Sentinel, Chris Bosh and the Miami Heat are “moving close to resolution that will allow the team to shed Bosh’s salary from its salary cap without concern of that figure returning to its cap”. When that process is complete, should the Cleveland Cavaliers come calling?

its just hilarious how often i am right - as per usual- time vindicates

What exactly were you right about?

Miami shed Bosh's salary from the cap. This time though, Bosh's salary (if he were to play again which I doubt) doesn't go back on Miami's books.

Never said that there wouldn't be teams that come calling, especially those that really don't have a players' best interest in mind - which is totally a Dan Gilbert thing. But Bosh had two known blood clot issues, and failed his physical before the season so I'm assuming there was a third occurrence.

Bosh did a 180 with the Heat now. It's looking more like he's accepting the current situation that he might not play again.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best quote of the night:

After the game, in the locker room, reporters noticed JR's locker was empty. Kryie said, "Swish already left. Sprinted home to see his daughter."

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought last night they really put the screws to the celtics when they held em to 42 in the second half - what about u?

doesnt appear that defense has casued them to lose more games than last year in the East- even though they only lost twice last year in the east too. lol.

Series isn't really over, well kind of is. The Cavs defense didn't really do anything special to me. I saw Boston go away from what worked in the 1st half. For the Celtics to be doing what they're doing with out their best offensive player is really impressive on their part - or really concerning for the Cavs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was clearly LeBron's 2nd worst game of the playoffs... And he finished with 34, 5, & 6 on 56% shooting. That says something about the postseason he's having.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was clearly LeBron's 2nd worst game of the playoffs... And he finished with 34, 5, & 6 on 56% shooting. That says something about the postseason he's having.

Id severely limit his minutes next game, which is pretty much a cake game for them...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly were you right about?

Miami shed Bosh's salary from the cap. This time though, Bosh's salary (if he were to play again which I doubt) doesn't go back on Miami's books.

Never said that there wouldn't be teams that come calling, especially those that really don't have a players' best interest in mind - which is totally a Dan Gilbert thing. But Bosh had two known blood clot issues, and failed his physical before the season so I'm assuming there was a third occurrence.

Bosh did a 180 with the Heat now. It's looking more like he's accepting the current situation that he might not play again.
well as i said- if Miami is worried enough to not go through the medical retirement route and is instead seeking a buyout- they must at least think there is a chance and dont want to get caught with their pants down if Bosh does indeed return.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anything said about Kyrie's ankle after the game?

Often, those minor ankle tweaks are worse the next day. If there is bad swelling today, I'd expect the Cavs to sit him out Game 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well as i said- if Miami is worried enough to not go through the medical retirement route and is instead seeking a buyout- they must at least think there is a chance and dont want to get caught with their pants down if Bosh does indeed return.

Which then has no negative impact on the Heat.

Good luck to Bosh if he's trying to clear a physical though. That seems to be the one important aspect that you're missing. You also seem to be the only one that keeps trying to bring up some type of doomsday situation.

Personally, with Bosh's salary looking to be wiped from the books and it no longer coming back on the Heat, I still don't want to see him play. It's not worth it. But if he wants to go play, I really question the team that would allow him to play while on blood thinners given the significant risks associated with his condition.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love has really impressed me this postseason

I expect Kyrie and Lebron to be great, but if Love can play like this, I give them a better chance against GS than i originally thought

He played well in the Eastern Conference playoffs last season as well but he was largely irrelevant against Golden State. That's not an aberration. He doesn't match up against them.