• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you lose and blow a huge lead to a crummy team like Boston at home missing IT and you got an-all star team?

And people actually think the Cavs have ANY shot vs. the Warriors? Not without the refs blatantly rigging the series for them or injuries to 2 key Warriors players

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. People underestimated the Celtics and the spread was bigger than it should have been.

Nobody could have watched them this season and thought that was the team they are in the first two games of the season.

But statistically, it was the biggest upset of the entire season.
It only seemed like the biggest upset of the season because of the attention focused on the playoffs.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Game LeBron said he was glad they lost. "I'm glad it happened. You have to have some type of adversity to be successful" ... "With all of the narrative that was going on, lets just regroup and get back to playing desperate basketball".

Almost makes you think he did it on purpose. Obviously he didn't... but I've heard people in the Cavs organization say they swear LeBron does things on purpose to create adversity and change the narrative around the team.

Whatever the reason... there is a definite plus side, I think, for the Cavs being reminded that they are the underdog. I'd rather them feel desperate and needing to prove something, than feel like unstoppable world beaters going into the Finals.

No chance he wanted that to happen.

He used to say in Miami that his dream is to go 16-0 in the playoffs. He and Wade called it going "Fo' Fo' Fo' Fo'"

As in winning 4 series in 4 games each. He's pissed off that they lost.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually nobody seems to be pointing out the minutes he played...

i think he was in there for 45...

Good point. That was 1 of the worst playoff games I've ever seen LeBron play. And he might take it out on the Celtics in game 4. I expect him to bounce back & have a stat stuffing game. Which wouldn't be good for the Celtics.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you lose and blow a huge lead to a crummy team like Boston at home missing IT and you got an-all star team?

And people actually think the Cavs have ANY shot vs. the Warriors? Not without the refs blatantly rigging the series for them or injuries to 2 key Warriors players

i don't think Boston's "crummy"...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance he wanted that to happen.

He used to say in Miami that his dream is to go 16-0 in the playoffs. He and Wade called it going "Fo' Fo' Fo' Fo'"

As in winning 4 series in 4 games each. He's pissed off that they lost.

They got that line from Moses Malone. Learn some NBA history...

Fo Fo Fo

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It only seemed like the biggest upset of the season because of the attention focused on the playoffs.

I'm just telling you the facts.

No underdog won a game this season with a spread as big or bigger than the Celtics did.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Game LeBron said he was glad they lost. "I'm glad it happened. You have to have some type of adversity to be successful" ... "With all of the narrative that was going on, lets just regroup and get back to playing desperate basketball".

Almost makes you think he did it on purpose. Obviously he didn't... but I've heard people in the Cavs organization say they swear LeBron does things on purpose to create adversity and change the narrative around the team.

Whatever the reason... there is a definite plus side, I think, for the Cavs being reminded that they are the underdog. I'd rather them feel desperate and needing to prove something, than feel like unstoppable world beaters going into the Finals.

There shouldn't be any adversity against a team as BAD as the Celtics. Cavs just got ego-lazy again. And its gonna cost them against a superior team like the Warriors.

I said before, Playing shitty ass East teams is NOT a good warmup against superior top west teams. Its why Lebron has a losing record in the finals. Only to get worst this year

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just telling you the facts.

No underdog won a game this season with a spread as big or bigger than the Celtics did.
That is true but there have been bigger upsets during the regular season. Just a fact.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There shouldn't be any adversity against a team as BAD as the Celtics. Cavs just got ego-lazy again. And its gonna cost them against a superior team like the Warriors.

I said before, Playing shitty ass East teams is NOT a good warmup against superior top west teams. Its why Lebron has a losing record in the finals. Only to get worst this year
Sometimes heavily favored teams lose. Nothing unusual about it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing East teams when you got a superteam makes you lazy and complacent. Which is how the Cavs get. They aren't good enough to just "turn it on" against a team the caliber of this years Warriors after they have been sleepwalking really for 3 rounds

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing East teams when you got a superteam makes you lazy and complacent. Which is how the Cavs get. They aren't good enough to just "turn it on" against a team the caliber of this years Warriors after they have been sleepwalking really for 3 rounds
You most likely never even played basketball judging from your response. Do you realize how foolish your comments are?

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He called them a "D-League lineup" last night.

Avery Bradley is first team all NBA defensive team, Horford is a multiple time all-star. Smart was a blue-chip draft pick who everybody knows can play.

Are they the Cavs? No. But his ignorance is obvious.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait a minute. For days now you've been :bawling: about how the Celtics sent the Bulls home. Now you're bitching that if the Cavs upset the Warriors in the Finals it'll be because the refs helped? How many different teams do you have an issue with?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Blowing out mediocre teams game after game makes you lazy and complacent.

Losing to mediocre teams shouldn't make you complacent.

Which is why LeBron was saying he's glad it happened, and I kinda agree.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol it DID sting a little...

not that i'd EVER root for the Celtics to suck as a Lakers fan for about half a century or so...:D

I'll root for your team if you root for mine.

This comment is an outright lie.