• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol and Kobe shot like 40 FTs.

Most of them incorrectly.

The Celts went up huge and then magically a parade of absurd FTs happened.

Gasol traveled, and then was caught lying out of bounds with the ball (which somehow wasnt' reviewed even though it was under 2 minutes) and then fouled Rondo twice on the same rebound (over the back and hitting him in the face) leading to more laker points.

And that's just a TINY sliver.

Yeah, the Lakers had a huge FT advantage. They also took way more shots and killed the Celtics on the glass.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude- thats what im saying- he deferred in the first half since everyone was shooting well and he didnt need to get it going- and tried to turn it on in the 2nd half when his teammates shooting went cold- and it just wasnt there forhim.

Dude, dude, dude. LeBron suck, just accept it. He should retire today, he ain't got no game no more.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he jut started deferring early since Kyrie and Love and some other guys were shooting so well- and he never really got it going after that in the 2nd half.

Maybe, I don't know. Like I said, I haven't seen him hanging back after a bad play on offense the whole playoffs. Last night he was doing it right away. I know this sounds like a hot take, and maybe it is to some degree... but I was thinking it even when they were up 20.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Lakers had a huge FT advantage. They also took way more shots and killed the Celtics on the glass.

Many of which were fouls. Including the Gasol play over rondo, and gasol shoving KG in the back to get an OR and kick it out for 3 to start the game.

KG and Rondo absolutely shoudl've had more FTs than Kobe and Gasol. KG was getting killed at the rim.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure all hell has just about broken loose. LeBron has 1 bad game & it's like the Celtics pulled off the upset or something.:dhd:

Well, yesterday was literally the biggest upset of the NBA season.

The Cavs were favored by 16.5 and lost. That hasn't happened all year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'd have to say BOTH halves were equally craptastic for "the King"...

All NBAers have bad games. But it sure looked like he was sleep walking through that entire game.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Upsets do happen, this isn't that unusual.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he jut started deferring early since Kyrie and Love and some other guys were shooting so well- and he never really got it going after that in the 2nd half.

When Crowder just ripped the ball out of his hands in the first quarter, it was obvious LeBron didn't want to play.

Celtics just wanted it more last night. Let's see how that works out for them tomorrow night.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Game LeBron said he was glad they lost. "I'm glad it happened. You have to have some type of adversity to be successful" ... "With all of the narrative that was going on, lets just regroup and get back to playing desperate basketball".

Almost makes you think he did it on purpose. Obviously he didn't... but I've heard people in the Cavs organization say they swear LeBron does things on purpose to create adversity and change the narrative around the team.

Whatever the reason... there is a definite plus side, I think, for the Cavs being reminded that they are the underdog. I'd rather them feel desperate and needing to prove something, than feel like unstoppable world beaters going into the Finals.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, Celtics found their soul somehow. played great in the 2nd half. Cavs played terrible 2nd half. terrible. they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last night. After all that, Celtics could only win by 3. Congrats. doubt that will happen again.

yes, IT was out. seems to me the team was better without him..... hmmm.

but, its not like Cavs have the easy road playing their division foe without 3 of their 6 best players. Can you imagine how easy and fortunate THAT would be? Hell, that would be like an early Christmas present. :thumb:

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upsets do happen, this isn't that unusual.

I understand. People underestimated the Celtics and the spread was bigger than it should have been.

Nobody could have watched them this season and thought that was the team they are in the first two games of the season.

But statistically, it was the biggest upset of the entire season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I got connections back home in Akron & I talked to a friend of mine last night that knows a barber that knows a bartender that knows a bookie that said LeBron bet against the Cavs & wanted to lose.