• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: ECF: Boston Celtics vs Cleveland Cavs

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I included Thompson because he was a starter who took a reserve role with the Lakers to win titles. But you may be right that Scott would have been a better name. Either way, those were some seriously stacked teams. Especially when you consider that Michael Cooper (who Bird said was the guy who defended him best) came off the bench too.

Yeah, DJ was great. I just can't remember if he was still top 20 at the time.

That Sixers team from the same era was also pretty good - at least the starters. They had Dr. J, Moses Malone, Cheeks & Toney all in their prime. Bobby Jones was also a major contributor - not in terms of pts but pretty much everything else. Other teams were deeper but that starting 5 was pretty impressive.

Reactions: GNG

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAIiTtCVYAAaHaI.jpg

DAIiTtCVYAAaHaI.jpg:large

Tristan Thompson‏Verified account @RealTristan13 2h2 hours ago

#DefendTheLand pic.twitter.com/Mhn4mT0y65

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boo Hoo. Cav's know a little something about dirty:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like an accident Smith didn't even look.
Yeah, right.

No one throws swinging backhand punches (his fist was closed) as a natural movement.

Reactions: TJL

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Sixers team from the same era was also pretty good - at least the starters. They had Dr. J, Moses Malone, Cheeks & Toney all in their prime. Bobby Jones was also a major contributor - not in terms of pts but pretty much everything else. Other teams were deeper but that starting 5 was pretty impressive.

Those Sixers teams were fun. Loved me some Daryl Dawkins back in the day. That dude was a character. Loved him naming his dunks and saying he was from the planet Lovetron. He broke a backboard or 2 if memory serves.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those Sixers teams were fun. Loved me some Daryl Dawkins back in the day. That dude was a character. Loved him naming his dunks and saying he was from the planet Lovetron. He broke a backboard or 2 if memory serves.
th

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOSTON is just not a very good team.
They caught a lucky break in round one with Rondo, or they would have likely been swept by the #8.

And Washington is just a cursed sporting town destined to have mediocre teams losing in the 1st/2nd round.
That city is 0 for 86 in its last 86 attempts to make a conference finals in any of its sports.

The Celtics would have been swept by the Rockets, Clippers, Spurs, and Warriors.
They probably would have lost to the Thunder, Jazz, and Grizzlies.

This is not so much about Lebron....as it is about how weak the Eastern conference contenders are every year.
Other than the short-lived Celtics teams, there has never been a true contender in the East for Lebron.

And they were honestly never really good at the same time...Boston peaked before Lebron grew up a bit.

You do realize Lebron has done this the last two years to the best team oh the planet. Lebron is at the very top of his game. Period. We will see in the Finals. I mean the last two years have been some of the best in history.