• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Pittsburgh Penguins

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight Pens fans! I expect the Lightning to be pumped up tonight playing in front of their home crowd, plus they should have Ryan Callahan back. Hopefully we match that intensity and pull off something like we did in game 2!
:hope:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game tonight Pens fans! I expect the Lightning to be pumped up tonight playing in front of their home crowd, plus they should have Ryan Callahan back. Hopefully we match that intensity and pull off something like we did in game 2!
:hope:

:hope: :hope: :hope:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lines for tonight...

Kunitz/Sid/Hornqvist
Sheary/Geno/Rust
Kessel/Bonino/Hagelin
Kuhnhackl/Cullen/Fehr

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh, and the Lightning respond...
:tsk:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 4 will be a tough one. Lightning will be looking to bounce back in a big way, plus we might be without Hornqvist. I don't like our chances of winning the next one, but we would have a real stronghold on this series if we could somehow pull off the win :hope:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of got the feeling the Pens were going to sort things out after that loss. See a team, suss out what they can exploit to get to their game, attack. They're pretty good about keeping their foot on the gas once they sort things out, so I'd not be surprised to see them finish this up in five now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of got the feeling the Pens were going to sort things out after that loss. See a team, suss out what they can exploit to get to their game, attack. They're pretty good about keeping their foot on the gas once they sort things out, so I'd not be surprised to see them finish this up in five now.
I wouldn't count the Lightning out just yet, don't forget we shit the bed in game 1 like they did tonight. Teams that make it this far into the playoffs have a tendency to bounce back strong after a loss. Plus we might be without Hornqvist for who knows how long.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't count the Lightning out just yet, don't forget we shit the bed in game 1 like they did tonight. Teams that make it this far into the playoffs have a tendency to bounce back strong after a loss. Plus we might be without Hornqvist for who knows how long.

Sure, not counting out the Lightning, but once the Pens get flying against someone, they're pretty tough to stop. And even if Hornqvist goes down, Sid's starting to heat up, and Kessel is absolutely on fire. We might be able to weather that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, not counting out the Lightning, but once the Pens get flying against someone, they're pretty tough to stop. And even if Hornqvist goes down, Sid's starting to heat up, and Kessel is absolutely on fire. We might be able to weather that.
Hard to imagine that we'll dominate play in game 4 like we have the past 2 games. After tonight's loss, Lightning will be making all the adjustments. I expect them to attack us more with their triplets line (Kucherov/Johnson/Palat) more going forward. Don't forget that in spite of our dominant play, the game was close pretty much throughout. There's also a chance they may get Steven Stamkos back for this series, so I prefer to not get too high about this win.