• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning vs Pittsburgh Penguins

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow we have to beat this more often Thursday

View attachment 118582
We've had to play great goalies throughout the playoffs, I don't mind the goalie beating us as long as we play our game like we did tonight. Big difference from the previous game where they beat us in every aspect of the game except for faceoffs.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had to play great goalies throughout the playoffs, I don't mind the goalie beating us as long as we play our game like we did tonight. Big difference from the previous game where they beat us in every aspect of the game except for faceoffs.

True True

and the playoffs is where the great Goalies can make the difference between a team advancing and going home.
See Jon Casey

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True True

and the playoffs is where the great Goalies can make the difference between a team advancing and going home.
See Jon Casey
From what I've observed, teams that rely heavily on their goaltender to steal games tend to lose the series. I would much rather the team play well in front of them.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray showed a lot of maturity again, bouncing back from the 2 soft goals in the 1st which erased our 2-0 lead. Granted, the team played very well in front of him after that, but that was a HUGE save he made on Killorn at the end of the 2nd period, we never looked back after that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to Sid's OT goal, this was the most critical play of the game IMO,
8LLxBa1.gif
-Everyone was down on Murray's play (including myself)
-Pens were just gathering momentum, and a goal by the Lightning at that point would've crushed it
-If the Lightnings scored there, they probably win the game and we're down 0-2 going into Tampa
-Giving up a goal there could've ended Murray's magical playoff run
-Making that save seemed to restore Murray's confidence and he looked a lot better after that

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked how Cole & Schultz played tonight, both of them fed off each other (Cole was making good plays with the puck & Schultz was solid defensively).

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to Sid's OT goal, this was the most critical play of the game IMO,
View attachment 118627
-Everyone was down on Murray's play (including myself)
-Pens were just gathering momentum, and a goal by the Lightning at that point would've crushed it
-If the Lightnings scored there, they probably win the game and we're down 0-2 going into Tampa
-Giving up a goal there could've ended Murray's magical playoff run
-Making that save seemed to restore Murray's confidence and he looked a lot better after that
I was also critical of Murray but tonight he reminded us that he has earned some slack and honestly, it may not be a bad thing that he let 2 soft goals get through. May help keep him grounded?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also critical of Murray but tonight he reminded us that he has earned some slack and honestly, it may not be a bad thing that he let 2 soft goals get through. May help keep him grounded?
He has a knack for bouncing back after a slow start. At the end of the day, he's kept us in every game he's played in, which is all you could as of a goalie in the playoffs.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a knack for bouncing back after a slow start. At the end of the day, he's kept us in every game he's played in, which is all you could as of a goalie in the playoffs.
Yep and I am a bit disappointed how quickly I and everyone else(probably) were ready to write Murray off and toss MAF back in goal. We aren't used to the Pens being as scrappy as they are and actually adjusting during games.

I have a strange feeling the Pens are going to win in a blowout soon. Just feel like they are due have a "click" game where they can do no wrong. Likely wont happen but I cant help the gut feeling.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and I am a bit disappointed how quickly I and everyone else(probably) were ready to write Murray off and toss MAF back in goal. We aren't used to the Pens being as scrappy as they are and actually adjusting during games.

I have a strange feeling the Pens are going to win in a blowout soon. Just feel like they are due have a "click" game where they can do no wrong. Likely wont happen but I cant help the gut feeling.
In fairness to tDoobster...
Still too early to say, but he cost us the 1st. He's been known to bounce back tho.
:whistle:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love that Sid scored that and so quickly...lets see if it isn't another 8 games before another goal from him. Lets get him and Geno rolling to show the Bolts the way out of the ECF!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win by the Pens. They looked like they had their legs back again and it showed especially in the 3rd period and OT. Based on post game comments it seems they realized they needed to attack and not just sit back trying not to make mistakes which they did anyway in game 1.