• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Atlanta Hawks

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes thats what I been giving you and u still don't listen. I know stats do lie sometimes and in this case its a little bit of both with LBJ. Facts are he isn't clutch under 10 sec. Yes he makes big shots when its almost as important as the last shot. His Biggest shot coming this year against the bulls. He put a dagger to my team.

You sound dumb now, just stop lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron 3 assists shy of averaging a triple double for the series....unreal......

Kyrie looked better- still not good enough to play defense or get to the rim- but good enough to hit some outside shots, hit some pull ups and floaters and pass the ball....

Tristan Thompson has done something I never thought he could do- he has made it ok if Love and his 20M+ salary leave. While it would suck some major ass having given up Wiggins- as far as the PF spot goes- Thompson has proved that he can be a very important piece of the puzzle. He is only getting better too- at one point i never thought Varejao would learn a 16 foot jumper and he did- maybe in a couple years Thompson will too and really be something special.

It was so much fun to see Shumpert and Smith share that moment when they knew they were going to the Finals. From the absolute dregs of the league to the NBA Finals. from being a lowly knick to a finals bound Cav- could not get better.

LeBron is simply the best since Jordan. No one since Jordan has consistently been the best on a year to year basis.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was never a good 3 point shooter just like Lebron. He had the mid-range and that fader. But yes this shooting funk is the worst I have seen from Lebron.
MJ was great, got better with age but at least MJ knew not to shoot them. MJ was better in the playoffs. LBJ 11-65(playoffs). He is hurting his team with those numbers. So I guess his basketball IQ isn't that great. For the amount of talk about how is is one of the smartest B Ball players u think he would stop taking 3's or limit it game by game if he is on or not. I think he caught what Rose had. Rose would do the same think. Most frustrating thing about Rose. When your not on stop taking them.

U know whats funny people talk about how Athletic LBJ is and Freak , Here are some facts for you: Career: MJ has the same amount of blocks per game, MJ has more steals per game, More its per game, and close in rebounds. MJ is a shooting guard and LBJ is a SF. Both handle the ball. LBJ wins in assist but we knew that because everyone knows he likes to pass. Just want to throw 1 more thing out there. MJ 6 MVP Finals. LBJ 2 out of 5 MVP Finals.

LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan Comparison:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference between blind ignorant hate vs having discussion with people who hate him but stil can be objective and put things in proper perspective.

I wasn't the one picking the Cavs to lose vs either the Hawks or Bulls.
I wasn't the one thinking Love would be missed.

I understand that James could have been on probably any of the 8 teams in the EC that made the playoffs and they'd all be right where the Cavs are now.
Hell, put him on the Heats end of the year roster and thats the best team of all of them.

Yes. However, you have criticized Lebron and for the Lebroniacs that means you are a hater. It doesn't matter if you make valid points or acknowledge that he is a great player. You criticized him, so you are a hater.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was never a good 3 point shooter just like Lebron. He had the mid-range and that fader. But yes this shooting funk is the worst I have seen from Lebron.

LeBron has actually become a decent 3pt shooter. He's shooting somewhere around 37-38% in the last 4 years. And is a better career 3pt shooter than MJ, Kobe and right on par with Melo.

The pretty consistent improvement over the past 4 years is what makes this slump so startling. As his athleticism declines his jumper needs to improve, which it has appeared to over the past 4 years. But this shooting slump is unnerving.

Maybe we'll get lucky and law of averages will drag us back to him shooting like 60% in the finals... (yea right)

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the game is on the line with the final seconds running down, you guys are saying you will rather have Lebron with the ball instead of MJ? Fact of the matter is MJ is a better scorer than Lebron and when the final seconds are running down no opponent wanted to see MJ with the ball. Right now I would take Durant over anyone in the league today.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron 3 assists shy of averaging a triple double for the series....unreal......

Kyrie looked better- still not good enough to play defense or get to the rim- but good enough to hit some outside shots, hit some pull ups and floaters and pass the ball....

Tristan Thompson has done something I never thought he could do- he has made it ok if Love and his 20M+ salary leave. While it would suck some major ass having given up Wiggins- as far as the PF spot goes- Thompson has proved that he can be a very important piece of the puzzle. He is only getting better too- at one point i never thought Varejao would learn a 16 foot jumper and he did- maybe in a couple years Thompson will too and really be something special.

It was so much fun to see Shumpert and Smith share that moment when they knew they were going to the Finals. From the absolute dregs of the league to the NBA Finals. from being a lowly knick to a finals bound Cav- could not get better.

LeBron is simply the best since Jordan. No one since Jordan has consistently been the best on a year to year basis.
We agree to disagree. Kobe has been but u will never understand because u are a Cavs fan. Pointless to talk to you about it. MJ well that is an easy argument for me to win. Kobe i can understand the back a forth a little but MJ there is no argument.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has actually become a decent 3pt shooter. He's shooting somewhere around 37-38% in the last 4 years. And is a better career 3pt shooter than MJ, Kobe and right on par with Melo.

The pretty consistent improvement over the past 4 years is what makes this slump so startling. As his athleticism declines his jumper needs to improve, which it has appeared to over the past 4 years. But this shooting slump is unnerving.

Maybe we'll get lucky and law of averages will drag us back to him shooting like 60% in the finals... (yea right)
Yes but MJ a better 3pt shooter in the playoffs. MJ did get better later in his career. Early in career not so good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the game is on the line with the final seconds running down, you guys are saying you will rather have Lebron with the ball instead of MJ? Fact of the matter is MJ is a better scorer than Lebron and when the final seconds are running down no opponent wanted to see MJ with the ball. Right now I would take Durant over anyone in the league today.
I agree give me harden. Harden is the best scorer in the league right now. Give me westbrook, Durant(not injured). Again talking about Last shot. not kicking it out to a teammate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ was great, got better with age but at least MJ knew not to shoot them. MJ was better in the playoffs. LBJ 11-65(playoffs). He is hurting his team with those numbers. So I guess his basketball IQ isn't that great. For the amount of talk about how is is one of the smartest B Ball players u think he would stop taking 3's or limit it game by game if he is on or not. I think he caught what Rose had. Rose would do the same think. Most frustrating thing about Rose. When your not on stop taking them.

U know whats funny people talk about how Athletic LBJ is and Freak , Here are some facts for you: Career: MJ has the same amount of blocks per game, MJ has more steals per game, More its per game, and close in rebounds. MJ is a shooting guard and LBJ is a SF. Both handle the ball. LBJ wins in assist but we knew that because everyone knows he likes to pass. Just want to throw 1 more thing out there. MJ 6 MVP Finals. LBJ 2 out of 5 MVP Finals.

LeBron James vs. Michael Jordan Comparison:

Fun fact: you can only get MVP's for the Finals if you win lol

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but MJ a better 3pt shooter in the playoffs. MJ did get better later in his career. Early in career not so good.

Same is true with LeBron. LeBron shot above 40% a few years back. The thing that drags down his % is he took a higher volume back when he was shooting a lower %. People used to rail him for that (rightfully so). But its hard to argue MJ was a better 3pt shooter than LeBron is. Playoffs is a small sample size compared to regular season.

It is also worth noting that MJ's two best seasons from 3 BY FAR were when the NBA had shortened the 3pt line. That certainly makes a difference.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. I was just pointing out Lebron is very clutch and comparable to MJ in that aspect. Purguy just cant deal with it. He is 6-10, MJ is 5-11. It happens

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you say this, and then post a link showing lebron as a better 3pt shooter in the playoffs

Same is true with LeBron. LeBron shot above 40% a few years back. The thing that drags down his % is he took a higher volume back when he was shooting a lower %. People used to rail him for that (rightfully so). But its hard to argue MJ was a better 3pt shooter than LeBron is. Playoffs is a small sample size compared to regular season.

It is also worth noting that MJ's two best seasons from 3 BY FAR were when the NBA had shortened the 3pt line. That certainly makes a difference.
LOL read again. LBJ .319 MJ .332

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL read again.

yea i know that was a mistake. i went back and read it then didn't post it. but this stupid SportsHoopla thing saves partial posts. then when i tried to post my legit response i forgot to delete the old thing.

my mistake on that, disgregard the first sentence. the rest is true. especially the last part.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I was just pointing out Lebron is very clutch and comparable to MJ in that aspect. Purguy just cant deal with it. He is 6-10, MJ is 5-11. It happens
Not even close and everyone knows that is a Fact. I backed up enough and the sports world has backed that up. Ok Im done now. U have no clue and I don't think anyone can help you. LOL

HOMER ALERT

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea i know that was a mistake. i went back and read it then didn't post it. but this stupid SportsHoopla thing saves partial posts. then when i tried to post my legit response i forgot to delete the old thing.

my mistake on that, disgregard the first sentence. the rest is true. especially the last part.
no problem. all good.