• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: (2) Lightning vs (2) Penguins

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't call two majors in one game, obviously.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for the Bolts and what a very uninspired game for the Penguins.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Cally hit is just...shudder. He uses his forearm to bend his neck forward and then he gets driven into the boards. I'm so sick of "he put himself In a bad position" being thrown around for all of these hits. He's playing the puck against the boards, stop extending your arms to throw guys headlong into them, maybe?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he's okay. That's why I'd like to see the Cpas win soon. My dad is almost 70 and he's never seen a Cup champ though he was at the first Caps' game ever. I don't care if the Caps only win one my entire life is they could get one while he's still around. Won't be this year...

Go Pens! Fuck the trap!!!

Thanks buddy, he's honestly doing very well, but I live for these moments with him. In 09 game 7 was the day I graduated high school, when that horn sounded I basically tackle-hugged the man. Went to game 3 of the NLDS with him in 2013, cherish those memories forever. He's why I'm this crazy person, after all. Side note: family reunion this year is June 4-11...meaning my dad and I could watch potential Cup games together. So, get yo shit together Pens.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also learned why there was so much fighting in the first few Lightning series...they're pretty dirty out there, eh? I mean, the Caps-Pens series was marred by a few poor hits, but still. Could see this thing boiling a bit. Another thought: Olli needs to probably sit for awhile...making a lot of mental mistakes.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...what? You know even sprains are structural damage right? Also his reaction has me super confused right now. I thought the guy was dying there.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleeeeeeease suspend him. If you wanna suspend Kunitz too, fine...but mostly suspend this chode. Please.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleeeeeeease suspend him. If you wanna suspend Kunitz too, fine...but mostly suspend this chode. Please.

Did he just publicly confess intent? I mean, at that point, I don't think can avoid suspending him. He just took away the only argument that guys can use to save them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be referring to Tundo the Boltard.
Different character.

^That must be it. I seem to remember the guy being a Lightning fan.I don't know if the Lightning were on Sly's list.

Did he just publicly confess intent? I mean, at that point, I don't think can avoid suspending him. He just took away the only argument that guys can use to save them.

Intent? To injure?

Uhhhh, no. In game, you hit someone (and it was a questionable hit, no doubt) and before the adrenaline runs out, you taunt the guy you hit. It's gamesmanship, not a confession or evidence of a team wide conspiracy.

As for Bishop, Looked like knee to me. A stinger most likely. I do that to my bad ankle a lot. Roll it over a bit and this shooting pain goes up my whole leg. Feels like someone shot an arrow into it. It's weak for a few hours and then feels better. Hope that's all it is for him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will certainly be accepted and not complained about at all.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will certainly be accepted and not complained about at all.

I mean even if you accept the premise that Letang put himself in a vulnerable position, Callahan has plenty of time to decide whether or not to make the hit from behind right in the numbers and he choose to do so. Aren't these the type of hits we are trying to eliminate from the game? I know I'm not that clever, but I just don't get it.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NHL...Letang had it coming to him because he put himself in that position...Isn't there a Jodi Foster r*pe movie with the same premise????

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean even if you accept the premise that Letang put himself in a vulnerable position, Callahan has plenty of time to decide whether or not to make the hit from behind right in the numbers and he choose to do so. Aren't these the type of hits we are trying to eliminate from the game? I know I'm not that clever, but I just don't get it.

The guy was making no attempt to play the puck either. I dont buy the vulnerable thing at all, it seems like he's coming to a stop in an attempt to move the puck behind the net and dodge a hit. Regardless it's victim blaming and just dumb. His numbers were facing you the entire time, he's going to play a puck on the boards, how about you try to play the puck?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still surprised that when I heard dirty hit and guessed Letang right away that it was not him making the hit.
If the reason there is no hearing is because Letang is garbage himself, talented too, that does not seem to make sense.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still surprised that when I heard dirty hit and guessed Letang right away that it was not him making the hit.
If the reason there is no hearing is because Letang is garbage himself, talented too, that does not seem to make sense.

If Letang doesn't return to the game (i.e. Pens keep him out citing injury), I'm pretty damn sure Callahan gets a hearing. NHL has this all bass ackwards, look at the hit first to determine whether or not a hearing/suspension is warranted, then tack on additional punishment if the player is injured as a result of a hit. Instead, no apparent injury, hit couldn't have been that bad, no hearing.

/And I don't even like Letang all that much, but that hit could have ended his career.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really think this played a part. He's not well liked, for many reasons I can understand, but when these situations happen you have to ignore who is involved in both sides. I know they want to consider history of course, but they should really attempt to forget who is involved. There will always be some unavoidable bias, it's human nature, and I get it, but just getting sick of the DoPS looking for any reason NOT to suspend guys in these instances. How was this hit any less ergregious than the others that have resulted in suspensions this postseason? I don't think I'd be as salty if they'd simply tossed him last night like they should have.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Letang doesn't return to the game (i.e. Pens keep him out citing injury), I'm pretty damn sure Callahan gets a hearing. NHL has this all bass ackwards, look at the hit first to determine whether or not a hearing/suspension is warranted, then tack on additional punishment if the player is injured as a result of a hit. Instead, no apparent injury, hit couldn't have been that bad, no hearing.

/And I don't even like Letang all that much, but that hit could have ended his career.

Frankly they should have...sure seemed like he was unconscious.