• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the way in this morning on the radio it said the Cavs were 12.5 pt. favorites.

Seems like a pretty big line for a conference finals.

Toronto has not lost consecutive games in the post season yet. They have always seemed to respond with their backs against the wall- though they have had the superior talent in their first two series. I can't wait to see how they come out tonight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the way in this morning on the radio it said the Cavs were 12.5 pt. favorites.

Toronto has not lost consecutive games in the post season yet. They have always seemed to respond with their backs against the wall- though they have had the superior talent in their first two series. I can't wait to see how they come out tonight.

I got the Cavs winning 155-48

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First game was 10.5.
I expect a better showing from the Raptors, but not a winning one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an opinion, not any type of guarantee. Cavs certainly can win.
Just throwing it out there because some people here talk the talk, but aren't willing to walk the walk.
hey i gave you DOZENS of opportunities to "talk the talk" about the cavs being more likely to lose in the East, than win the Finals- and you WUUUUUSED OUT BIG TIME....your belly was yellower than a canary eating a lemon on a newly painted school bus...lol...im not going to reward your cowardliness by being goaded into a bet by someone who refused to back up their own blubbering.

All though...once the Cavs get out of this series- if they are still healthy...I will definitely take a look at making a bet with SOMEONE on a Cavs/Warriors series- as i am sure multiple people will take it. I can guarantee you one of them wont be you after the cowardliness you have displayed time and time again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a first time for everything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i gave you DOZENS of opportunities to "talk the talk" about the cavs being more likely to lose in the East, than win the Finals- and you WUUUUUSED OUT BIG TIME....your belly was yellower than a canary eating a lemon on a newly painted school bus...lol...im not going to reward your cowardliness by being goaded into a bet by someone who refused to back up their own blubbering.

All though...once the Cavs get out of this series- if they are still healthy...I will definitely take a look at making a bet with SOMEONE on a Cavs/Warriors series- as i am sure multiple people will take it. I can guarantee you one of them wont be you after the cowardliness you have displayed time and time again.

You either can't or don't read.
I changed my opinion on the Cavs chances of losing in the East a while ago.
In addition, I never once, predicted the Cavs to not make the Finals... Correct?
So since that's the case, why would I bet on something that I never believed in?

And I get it, it's the same with you.
As I hoped the Cavs might lose before the Finals, you hope they win.
Just no strong belief that they will.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyronn Lue told LeBron James, ‘Shut the [bleep] up,’ and the Cavs responded

pretty cool from WAPO...

Lue changed that the moment he first told James in a huddle, “Shut the [expletive] up. I got this,” according to a person who heard the exchange — and a few others like it. If Lue was going to get the stars and the role players to buy into the strategic changes he was determined to implement — play faster, space the floor, move the ball, take full advantage of [Kevin] Love’s versatility — he was going to have to restore order first.

He did it in every way possible, starting with James — calling him out in film sessions, barking at him in practice, seizing control back. Only then could the Cavaliers evolve into the juggernaut we are witnessing now.

Many in Cleveland were hoping that James could help lift the curse that seems to hang over that city’s sports teams, but hey, if he needs to be cursed out in order for that to happen, that’s fine, too, right? There’s certainly no denying that the Cavs have gotten their act together, and then some, following season-long rumors that James didn’t like playing with Love and/or Kyrie Irving and might even be thinking of returning to the Miami Heat.

Cleveland leads all postseason teams in scoring differential (plus-12.8) and in three-point attempts (34.4) and makes (15.7) per game. All the success from long-range, including an NBA record 25 threes in Game 2 against the Hawks in the previous round, has also led to a playoff-leading 58.7 true shooting percentage.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty cool from WAPO...

Lue changed that the moment he first told James in a huddle, “Shut the [expletive] up. I got this,” according to a person who heard the exchange — and a few others like it. If Lue was going to get the stars and the role players to buy into the strategic changes he was determined to implement — play faster, space the floor, move the ball, take full advantage of [Kevin] Love’s versatility — he was going to have to restore order first.

He did it in every way possible, starting with James — calling him out in film sessions, barking at him in practice, seizing control back. Only then could the Cavaliers evolve into the juggernaut we are witnessing now.

Many in Cleveland were hoping that James could help lift the curse that seems to hang over that city’s sports teams, but hey, if he needs to be cursed out in order for that to happen, that’s fine, too, right? There’s certainly no denying that the Cavs have gotten their act together, and then some, following season-long rumors that James didn’t like playing with Love and/or Kyrie Irving and might even be thinking of returning to the Miami Heat.

Cleveland leads all postseason teams in scoring differential (plus-12.8) and in three-point attempts (34.4) and makes (15.7) per game. All the success from long-range, including an NBA record 25 threes in Game 2 against the Hawks in the previous round, has also led to a playoff-leading 58.7 true shooting percentage.

The real test will be making adjustments vs either an OKC or GS team. That is the true test and will determine if he can be a great coach in his league. I still think he has all the qualities of a really good coach but more and more I hear about things he is doing and his postgame interviews I am loving this guy. He knows everyones role and I am liking the way he is using the players to the best of THEIR abilities. This healthy Cavs team is looking really deep, especially with Jefferson and Shump playing well. All I care about is the team staying healthy and having a legit shot at this title.

Can't wait for Game 2! Hopefully the defense continues to improve bc it is the only thing that has been somewhat lacking to this point, although they played a lot better in Game 1 Tuesday.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta give Dan G. credit too...he couldve just got rid of Varejao and saved like 40 million bucks...

he spent a ton of money bringing in Frye...and not only has Frye played very well- from what i have seen he is an A+ guy in the locker room from an attitude/leadership/cameradie standpoint.

The Cavs finally have a very good structure and organization-- Dan G. as owner, Griffin as GM, Lue as coach, LeBron as the tone setting star. The organization is truly becoming one of the best in sports.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect the Raptors to come out strong, looking to make up for the Cavs embarrassing them in game 1. They might even play well enough to have the lead at halftime. However, in the end, the Cavs just have too much firepower and pull away in the 2nd half, winning by 10-15.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta give Dan G. credit too...he couldve just got rid of Varejao and saved like 40 million bucks...

he spent a ton of money bringing in Frye...and not only has Frye played very well- from what i have seen he is an A+ guy in the locker room from an attitude/leadership/cameradie standpoint.

The Cavs finally have a very good structure and organization-- Dan G. as owner, Griffin as GM, Lue as coach, LeBron as the tone setting star. The organization is truly becoming one of the best in sports.

I really struggle to call Gilbert a good owner. He isn't making the same mistakes as last time he had Lebron it appears, but I think the only two positives for him was he got a team with Lebron on it, and Lebron wanted to come back to Cleveland.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really struggle to call Gilbert a good owner. He isn't making the same mistakes as last time he had Lebron it appears, but I think the only two positives for him was he got a team with Lebron on it, and Lebron wanted to come back to Cleveland.

I agree. Willing to spend money (because Lebron is holding you by the balls) doesn't make you a good owner. If this was the case, guys like Dan Snyder would be considered good owners.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pretty cool from WAPO...

When we're watching the Finals, you'll see who is coaching and who is yelling at who.

James will win or lose on his terms.
Period.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You won't have to struggle long to see what a blind , homer Wiggy is.
Without James, the Cavs will return to a dumpster fire.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an opinion, not any type of guarantee. Cavs certainly can win.
Just throwing it out there because some people here talk the talk, but aren't willing to walk the walk.

couldn't agree more. this dude's been talkin shit for damn near 2 seasons, but doesn't have the cast iron balls to back it up with a bet on LeClown and the Cavs taking it all. tells me he ain't so sure they will win...which is all he had to say from the git-go and saved everyone the bullshit...

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the Cavs win the championship, Kyrie could win the MVP right?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely, this game will better than the first one, right? :noidea:

Status
Not open for further replies.