• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Eastern Conference Finals: 1) Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25) vs. 2) Toronto Raptors (56-26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know anything about Miami, you'll know there's a high amount of people that migrate their from other parts of the country - especially New Yorkers, which is why there's such a high concentration of Knicks fans in South Florida. Still though.....there's over 2 million people in Cleveland. It's that hard to fill an arena that sits just under 21,000?

Lots of Haitians and Cubans too.

I hated the food there because they put fucking plantains in everything.

I suppose it was my fault for not being familiar with the culture.

But, when I bite into a burrito, I don't expect there to be a Damn mini banana in there.

California is big on Mexican food and my kids are part Latina. So, we eat it a bunch.

But, Cuban food was not my bag.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, when I bite into a burrito, I don't expect there to be a Damn mini banana in there.

California is big on Mexican food and my kids are part Latina. So, we eat it a bunch.

Lived in Florida for almost 3 years. I thought Cuban food was decent, but I'll take Mexican food all day everyday over Cuban. There is one exception, those pressed Cuban sandwiches are freakin' awesome.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about a little less than 2.1 million people live in the extended Cleveland Metropolitan area. In the Miami metropolitan area there are a little bit over 5.0 million people.

based on the sports towns as a whole....Cleveland'rs back their team on a rate that is significantly over DOUBLE the rate which Miamians (?- Plural for Miamian??)....all though historically Miami's reputation of a sports town is fickle at best and at worst apathetic...Cleveland is famous for the loyalty and/or stubborn ignorance of its fans.

Yep...:shrug:

Perez rips fans for not showing up and for booing him during his last outing two days ago against Mariners.

— Chris Assenheimer (@CAwesomeheimer) May 19, 2012

He went into specifics, and as noted above, said the lack of support hurts the club in free agency:

Perez says one of the reasons free agents don’t want to sign with Cleveland is because of lack of fan support.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...:shrug:

Perez rips fans for not showing up and for booing him during his last outing two days ago against Mariners.

He went into specifics, and as noted above, said the lack of support hurts the club in free agency:

Perez says one of the reasons free agents don’t want to sign with Cleveland is because of lack of fan support.

the fact that you are quoting Chris Perez of all people just shows how much you absolutely reek of desperation and bitterness- and also- maybe for the first time- a little nervousness as well....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :nod:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

everyone of us should walk up and say a prayer we werent born in Haiti....

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that you are quoting Chris Perez of all people just shows how much you absolutely reek of desperation and bitterness- and also- maybe for the first time- a little nervousness as well....MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :nod:

You're the clown always worrying about the Heat and Miami fans.
I've lived half my life in each place.
I know exactly how it is.
I'll try to simplify it for you.
Fans in general will invest more time and capital into a team that is wnning.

Then, as it was pointed out to you, most people living here, are from somewhere else.

You might think that it's something special that 106,000 will go to a college scrimmage.
I'd say it's just an indicator that other then drink, there isn't anything to do in Columbus.
In S. Florida, if you can't find something to do, you're just not trying.

And what possibly do I have to be nervous about?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lue really said.....

:stfu:

To Lebron's face, in front of the other players, He should be given the key to the City for having the largest sack.
lol...this cracks me up...

does turnup actually suggest their was a SETUP- and Lue and LeBron staged something like that? lol.....i mean, for the love of God....people need to READ the stuff they write and make sure it passes the CRAZY TEST.

All though- at this point- he has to be all in- hes WAY to far down the track of Lebron owns Lue for him to back off it now...lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13232933_978873065499974_3689225357823077683_n.jpg

just for nothing more than comparison sake and i saw this and thought it interesting.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...this cracks me up...

does turnup actually suggest their was a SETUP- and Lue and LeBron staged something like that? lol.....i mean, for the love of God....people need to READ the stuff they write and make sure it passes the CRAZY TEST.

All though- at this point- he has to be all in- hes WAY to far down the track of Lebron owns Lue for him to back off it now...lol.

Well, you believe the account of some unnamed person that Lue actually told Lebron to stfu. I don't think one is any more of a stretch than the other.

Personally, I don't believe that Lebron set something like that up, because I don't believe it happened at all.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you believe the account of some unnamed person that Lue actually told Lebron to stfu. I don't think one is any more of a stretch than the other.

Personally, I don't believe that Lebron set something like that up, because I don't believe it happened at all.

If it didn't happen, then of course it couldn't have been staged.

I'm saying though, that the chances of a newly hired Lue ( who we all know why he was hired), seriously, on his own , telling James to STFU had the same % chance of happening as the Raptors do of winning the next four in a row.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron played 2 more years at age 28. I love when people use biased stats.

Nobody's ever said James hasnt had a better career.
Cavs fans get butt hurt when they have to deal with the fact that the current 2 time MVP is now the better player.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm from Homestead, you need to have Mexican food down there in the hood. lol

Yeah.....I think you're going to the wrong Cuban restaurants, Mecca. I always exclude plantains from my food.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very true. While LeBron was making All-Star teams Curry was playing against Mercer and St. Bonaventure.

I dont hold this against LeBron.

If you weren't Curry butt hurt, you wouldn't have posted the meaningless stats to begin with.
I'll give you the only stat that matters between the 2 right now.

Curry 1-0 vs James in Finals and that's soon to be 2-0.

And speaking of nervous, that can really only be you since you still are not willing to bet against that NOT happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.