• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Early prediction: Which QB starts Week 1?

Who will start QB week 1. Early prior to PS prediction

• Trevor Siemian

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Paxton Lynch

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Someone else- Please state who.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carl,

Have a sense of humor. I was having fun with it. :) Smile.

I know what you think of Paxton and it isn't like you're going overboard. I just hope your expectations are spot on. Ill gladly have Nick buy you a 12 pack if you are and we can drink it while he picks up after us.

Sorry just wanted to make sure some on here understood I wasn't going full homer on Paxton Lynch. I think there might be one or two that would believe you that I think that so wanted to clear the air.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry just wanted to make sure some on here understood I wasn't going full homer on Paxton Lynch. I think there might be one or two that would believe you that I think that so wanted to clear the air.

No, no no. Or they shouldn't at least if they read your take on Lynch.

Curious though- Give me an NFL player past or present you think Lynch will have a similar career to.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curious though- Give me an NFL player past or present you think Lynch will have a similar career to.

vince young ;)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JP Losman

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question...Hmm off the top of my head Steve McNair? The ability to run and do things that other QB's in the league can't is a huge strength. Has the body type to hold up long-term even with taking off running. Has a great arm to make all the throws but can be careless with the football at times as well. I think Lynch can have better accuracy than McNair in part because of just the game today compared to the game McNair played in.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I have flashes of Dan McGwire in my head. :gaah::gaah::gaah:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an interesting fact for today...Siemian came out and practiced as the field goal holder. Haven't heard that Paxton has done the same. Doesn't mean much but usually that job is for the back up not the starter. Could just be Siemian showing his willingness to do whatever is asked of him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some huge difference of opinions here, which is fun.

We have Crash who thinks it's Philip Rivers vs Drew Brees all over.

We have you who thinks we have the next Aaron Rodgers

and we have me who thinks it is Brian Hoyer vs Brock Osweiler of the Texans.

I hope one of the first two is correct. :)

Not gonna lie I am a patient person with young players but QB I am less patient about, and I am on a tad bit of panic mode the last few days when it comes to our QB spot. Thanks for trying to make me feel better. I'm not giving up just concerned.

I think Osweiler here would of done Okay but he was rather silly and listen to the devil .. now he paying the price I said he would . We as a team was committed to him long term .

Texans chase shiny objects . The Broncos don't it really is that simple ..

You need to give 4 years and really more like 5 to see what you got .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an interesting fact for today...Siemian came out and practiced as the field goal holder. Haven't heard that Paxton has done the same. Doesn't mean much but usually that job is for the back up not the starter. Could just be Siemian showing his willingness to do whatever is asked of him.

Too tall. Takes longer to get the hold down on a high snap.

I am going to guess that Lynch would be more then willing to hold if called upon as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Osweiler here would of done Okay but he was rather silly and listen to the devil .. now he paying the price I said he would . We as a team was committed to him long term .

Texans chase shiny objects . The Broncos don't it really is that simple ..

You need to give 4 years and really more like 5 to see what you got .

Teams are not that patient.

We don't have the luxury of either working behind Peyton Manning right now. We locked big time defensive players up to 5 year deals in recent years. We aren't waiting 4-5 years for a QB to develop before we move on.

Not really sure the Texans "chase" shiny objects either. They don't usually over spend. They panicked on QB. They probably saved us in a way. Not saying things wouldn't be difference for Osweiler here, but judging by his decision making and expressions on the sideline, he wasn't going to succeed here. I am well aware that players develop different under different schemes, coaches situations, but I am not sure that was the case here. Osweiler has some flaws that only he can change.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too tall. Takes longer to get the hold down on a high snap.

I am going to guess that Lynch would be more then willing to hold if called upon as well.

I'm sure if they asked him to he would. Just was mostly observing something from camp that right now Siemian is the one being the holder.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Direct shot across the bow to Paxton? We will not pull out your old single read offense.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that it's been posted on here Trevor " refuses " to go deep . Can you imagine how long you would last at your job if your boss told you to do something and you refused ? Hilarious. Fact is, the coaches call a play, tell them they want to go first read ( Sanders on go route or hitch ) but if it's not there, be smart and check it down to 2nd read or dump it to rb or throw it away. Because Lynch lets it fly every time regardless, he's da man. What it means is he loves to show off arm and risk int , than do the smart thing, recognize and check out if not there . We'll see in preseason . Doesn't matter much who wins job if O line doesn't come thru.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that it's been posted on here Trevor " refuses " to go deep . Can you imagine how long you would last at your job if your boss told you to do something and you refused ? Hilarious. Fact is, the coaches call a play, tell them they want to go first read ( Sanders on go route or hitch ) but if it's not there, be smart and check it down to 2nd read or dump it to rb or throw it away. Because Lynch lets it fly every time regardless, he's da man. What it means is he loves to show off arm and risk int , than do the smart thing, recognize and check out if not there . We'll see in preseason . Doesn't matter much who wins job if O line doesn't come thru.

This is the issue that I'm talking about...

Guys have been open but he refuses to pull the trigger and take the easy completion. So yes his interception numbers are not what you see with Paxton. Coaches have been frustrated when they see this of a big play opportunity and the QB refuses to take the chance. It is the exact reason the Chiefs traded 2 1st round picks for Mahomes this year when they see Alex Smith not willing to pull the trigger when guys are open down the field.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- I think we need to stop making excuses for the QB's and come to the conclusion both are struggling, both can get better and hopefully they do.

Get your rosary out tonight and say some prayers.

All I ask is that one turns out.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the issue that I'm talking about...

Guys have been open but he refuses to pull the trigger and take the easy completion. So yes his interception numbers are not what you see with Paxton. Coaches have been frustrated when they see this of a big play opportunity and the QB refuses to take the chance. It is the exact reason the Chiefs traded 2 1st round picks for Mahomes this year when they see Alex Smith not willing to pull the trigger when guys are open down the field.
If you used the term " reluctant " over " refuse " I would be more inclined to consider your take. You do know the difference between the two,right ?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if they asked him to he would. Just was mostly observing something from camp that right now Siemian is the one being the holder.
Holding for Riley Dixon as they were going through their disaster recovery scenarios.