• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Skins game thread

G

greenwing

Yes I did....So what went to he Redskins and give me a break he is not the reason the skins beat the Eagles.

Djax burned Fletcher all night. He definitely played his part. You are kidding yourself if you don't see that

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Offense isn't the problem ... even with a schmuck like Sanchez we were able to put up points. Get Foles back in there, resign Maclin and draft some more mid Rd speed and we're ok on that side of the ball. While I'd love to get a QB that better fits Chip's system ... we can work with Foles as long as the OL isn't a sieve like it was earlier in the year. Our 2ndary is the problem ... the Front 7 was fine; they got plenty of Sacks and were solid against the run ... our DB's were just putrid, fix that somehow and we're right back in the hunt next year.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft Wings boy, Bryan Bennett, in the mid rounds, and draft a stud CB, Safety, ILB, WR, and OL, after we sign 2 CB's in free agency, and cut Fletcher, Williams, and Billy Davis. Chip needs to sign a good defensive assistant waitng to become a coordinator. Sort of like signing Fipp for ST coach, someone looking to advnace.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djax burned Fletcher all night. He definitely played his part. You are kidding yourself if you don't see that

Are you telling me that DJax is the reason the Eagles lost to the Skins today?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying he played his part in our defeat. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.

Well you put him in the argument when you asked if I thought it was a good idea to let him go. He was not even part of my post. However you asked the question and I answered it. I thought so then and I think so now. It was a good idea to dump him. A competent defensive coordinator would have rendered him useless. How Billy Davis did not learn his lesson is beyond me. Fletcher can't cover any receiver in the NFL. The Skins and their inept coaching staff exploited a major weakness in the Eagles secondary. The same thing the Cowboys did and yet Davis did not think to make any changes. Desean Jackson caught 4 passes. He is a speedy receiver that is known for his deep threat capabilities and our DC still can't figure out how to stop a receiver that

Desean Jackson is one of the least targeted starting receivers in the NFL. Abusing one of if not the worst starting corner in the NFL does not make him a stud. One trick pony that any competent DC can shut down.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

greenwing

Well you put him in the argument when you asked if I thought it was a good idea to let him go. He was not even part of my post. However you asked the question and I answered it. I thought so then and I think so now. It was a good idea to dump him. A competent defensive coordinator would have rendered him useless. How Billy Davis did not learn his lesson is beyond me. Fletcher can't cover any receiver in the NFL. The Skins and their inept coaching staff exploited a major weakness in the Eagles secondary. The same thing the Cowboys did and yet Davis did not think to make any changes. Desean Jackson caught 4 passes. He is a speedy receiver that is known for his deep threat capabilities and our DC still can't figure out how to stop a receiver that

Desean Jackson is one of the least targeted starting receivers in the NFL. Abusing one of if not the worst starting corner in the NFL does not make him a stud. One trick pony that any competent DC can shut down.

He had 4 receptions for 126 yards. YOU can make excuse You want but that one trick pony put a hurting on us tonight and for what? Because chip doesn't like midgets?

No excuse on the late season collapse and there is plenty of blame to go around. Chip included.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I did....DJax is a one trick pony and his not being here is not the reason the Eagles are having issues. Maclin played better than him anyway. So what went to he Redskins and give me a break he is not the reason the skins beat the Eagles.

That's one trick you really could have used. Djax and Macklin together is a strong receiving corp.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one trick you really could have used. Djax and Macklin together is a strong receiving corp.
No, it really wasn't....again you can tell you didn't watch Eagles games....Djax would go 3-4 games at a shot and do absolutely nothing, and choke in the biggest games, and do absolutely nothing vs Good Cb's.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahum, Billy Davis claimed he played roughly 50% double coverage on Bryant last week, but as soon as he did, Witten (most notably) was killing us. As soon as he sent help to deal with Witten, Romo went to Bryant. Yes, Davis might have made the switch of Williams on Bryant earlier, but that still would have posed problems. And if we had put Williams on Jackson today, Garcon would have murdered us...

I have yet to see the blogosphere out there who do the All-22's say Davis lied there about the Dallas game...

Our DB's are woeful:

Fletcher: - not a starter at all
Williams: - marginal starter, maybe stretch it to average.
Boykin: - This year decidedly average nickel CB, would be abused by the bigger WR's on the outside.
Caroll: - Average dime CB, not sure about his outside skills.

Jenkins: - Average at best, looked good early, regressed some during the season.
Allen: - Not good, yet sad thing is that he probably is still an above average safety for the NFL, for his position...

Last edited by a moderator:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is fletcher not a starter, he isn't a player at all. Even when he broke up a pass late in the game, he should have intercepted it, but it bounced off his helmet. I think he used to be a below average CB, but has lost all confidence, and is not even a NFL player. Period.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 4 receptions for 126 yards. YOU can make excuse You want but that one trick pony put a hurting on us tonight and for what? Because chip doesn't like midgets?

You are arguing in circles. First of all my original post was that the Kelly bashers were going to come out and ask for his head. All of a sudden we are arguing about Desean Jackson and how much much he did to help the Skins beat the Eagles. I am not saying that Jackson did not contribute but give me a break what idiot puts Fletcher on single coverage on Desean Jackson without safety help?| That is an easy call. We have even an average secondary and he does not do that. Not going to dispute that but IMO his big plays but they should have never even happened. First one was bump coverage and Fletcher never even touched him. The second one he was off him 10 yards and let him run right by home.

Fletcher sucks.....what left on an island with one of fastest receivers in the NFL. That falls on the DC IMO.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are arguing in circles. First of all my original post was that the Kelly bashers were going to come out and ask for his head. All of a sudden we are arguing about Desean Jackson and how much much he did to help the Skins beat the Eagles. I am not saying that Jackson did not contribute but give me a break what idiot puts Fletcher on single coverage on Desean Jackson without safety help?| That is an easy call. We have even an average secondary and he does not do that. Not going to dispute that but IMO his big plays but they should have never even happened. First one was bump coverage and Fletcher never even touched him. The second one he was off him 10 yards and let him run right by home.

Fletcher sucks.....what left on an island with one of fastest receivers in the NFL. That falls on the DC IMO.

Problem is that if you double cover Jackson 100% of the time, you will leave holes elsewhere on the field. You simply cannot do so, and not get killed elsewhere on the field - at least not with the defensive players/DB's we have. Dallas clearly proved that last week with Witten, and as bad as RG III has been, Washington does have to talent on offense to do so as well...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it really wasn't....again you can tell you didn't watch Eagles games....Djax would go 3-4 games at a shot and do absolutely nothing, and choke in the biggest games, and do absolutely nothing vs Good Cb's.

Exactly and Maclin puts up 1300 yards this year without him.

I stand by my statement that Desean Jackson is a one trick pony. He has 5 total TD's this year Maclin has twice that. Before yesterdays game he went a 4 game stretch where be broke 4 yard only once. He had games of 39 yards, 34 yards and 15 yards. He had one for 84 yards and of course he lit up the worst corner in the NFL but the reality is Jackson is nothing special.

I have to admit though that a good QB would have given DJax two TD's yesterday because both throws were not good. He had Fletcher beat so bad that he could have walked in for TD's with better throws.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that if you double cover Jackson 100% of the time, you will leave holes elsewhere on the field. You simply cannot do so, and not get killed elsewhere on the field - at least not with the defensive players/DB's we have. Dallas clearly proved that last week with Witten, and as bad as RG III has been, Washington does have to talent on offense to do so as well...

I understand that but you play cover 2 and make the QB beat you. RG III is a below average passer IMO. Force him to make the throws to beat you. DJax was so wide open both times that they should have been easy TD's but the throws were bad IMO.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that but you play cover 2 and make the QB beat you. RG III is a below average passer IMO. Force him to make the throws to beat you. DJax was so wide open both times that they should have been easy TD's but the throws were bad IMO.

From what I have seen this season, the results playing cover 2 were not markedly better. The big plays still were there, and otherwise the Skins would be dinking and dunking down the field...

G

greenwing

I understand a lot of you hated djax and even liked the fact that he was just flat out cut. All Im saying is that the move to flat out cut him hurt us more than it did any good. It was just one of the questionalbe moves this past off-season that I didn't understand and thought it could have been handled it a better way whether you agree with me or think its was relevant or not.

Was djax the sole reason we lost? Absolutely not. But coupled with a bad CB in Fletcher and Davis not giving him safety help, djax did his part in burning us down field. Not that it really mattered being that we would not have won the East anyway being that Dallas is hot right now. That being said i hope next season we pop that little punk ass in the mouth and we will see him twice.

Another problem I had this past off-season was the fact that we didn't draft a CB high in the draft. I didn't understand the trust the front office had in Fletcher and Cary because I didn't think they were really any good last year and they just regressed this year. The secondary should NOT be pussyfooted again this off season. We better bring in some play makers back there because it cost us a post season this year.

As far as Davis goes he had had his ups and downs this year. I think he would be better suited if he had the correct talent in his system and that falls on Howie.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and Maclin puts up 1300 yards this year without him.

I stand by my statement that Desean Jackson is a one trick pony. He has 5 total TD's this year Maclin has twice that. Before yesterdays game he went a 4 game stretch where be broke 4 yard only once. He had games of 39 yards, 34 yards and 15 yards. He had one for 84 yards and of course he lit up the worst corner in the NFL but the reality is Jackson is nothing special.

I have to admit though that a good QB would have given DJax two TD's yesterday because both throws were not good. He had Fletcher beat so bad that he could have walked in for TD's with better throws.

Its not about what Maclin did, is about what Riley Cooper has done? Could have both could have had all of them. 15 million under the cap, I will keep saying that. If you were not going to use for more DBs why not keep Jackson.

DeSean Jackson almost single handily beat the Eagles on Saturday, that is enough to say it was a mistake to let him go. One trick pony or not. The one trick he has makes them laugh every time

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams are playing D schemes to stop McCoy & then the long ball. Desean doesnt help all that much in the short game. The problem is the QB.