• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles/Skins game thread

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys questioning Chip are morons.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill davis, carey williams, nate allen, mark sanchez, fletcher, cooper all need pink slips. This isnt just about one game. These guys find a way to screw up or not show when it hurts us the most.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not surprising at all. With all the penalties, turnovers, missed field goals and incompetent CB play we shouldn't win a game. Fletcher getting roasted all game. Then Williams gives up a huge play to get the Skins into FG range. Hopefully only one more game with those two bums playing CB for this team.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys questioning Chip are morons.

More just a lack of execution! I wouldn't put it on Chip as much, but he seems to make decisions like he has his whole team; he doesn't! A number of backups just aren't doing it, not to mention that kicker all of a sudden! :lame:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip needs to be looked at as well this off season. No excuse for a late season collapse

That offense huts your team more than it helps. The Eagle defense was just gassed at the end.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without that offense this is a losing team

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe we pulled it out.

Division games are always tricky, never know how they'll turn out. Good game ya'll.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense huts your team more than it helps. The Eagle defense was just gassed at the end.

huh?

Eagles held the time of possession edge 32 minutes to 28 minutes

Edit: yes the offense hurt the Eagles but not because of the type of offense the Kelly runs - the offense just didn't execute and Sanchez blows - that's what hurt the Eagles

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many teams would survive losing their starter when we lost Foles. We actually won a few games with our backup QB. I don't blame Chip much as his scheme created open guys all over the place, but Chip can't throw the ball for our QB. On Defense we just flat out suck in the 2ndary; Fletcher and Williams were huge liabilities down the stretch ... that obviously needs to be priority #1 this off season.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was a heartbreaker. Stupid penalties by the Eagles,turnovers, Sanchez the choker and more!

G

greenwing

. On Defense we just flat out suck in the 2ndary; Fletcher and Williams were huge liabilities down the stretch ... that obviously needs to be priority #1 this off season.

It should have been our priority last season and it wasn't. I even said This would bite us in the ass this year and it definitely has.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip needs to be looked at as well this off season. No excuse for a late season collapse

The Eagles will probably finish 10-6 which is more than most people had them finishing.

This team lacks talent. With a completely inept QB who sucks this team still manage 24 points which is more than enough with a team that has just above average defense.

So I am sure all week the Kelly haters will be out talking about how he sucks ignoring to lack of talent on this team because Eagles fans for some reason lack the ability to look at things objectively.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh?

Eagles held the time of possession edge 32 minutes to 28 minutes

Edit: yes the offense hurt the Eagles but not because of the type of offense the Kelly runs - the offense just didn't execute and Sanchez blows - that's what hurt the Eagles

i wasn't sure about the TOP, but they looked gassed at the end. In the few Eagle games I have watched this year, it seems to be a common trend.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chip can find a GOOD DC, then he has to let Davis go. He never makes adjustments. Even the pass Fletcher defended, it hit him in the helmet. He can't play. Even Jenkins has regressed. Another [pick 6 missed. So, we now need 4 DB's in the off season. Add up all the moves we need to fill, and it's just about mission impossible. Add to the DB's we also need a QB; WR; OL; ILB, and they can't all be fixed in the draft. I;m not optimistic going forward. Maybe I'll get over it, but this just sucks!

G

greenwing

The Eagles will probably finish 10-6 which is more than most people had them finishing.

This team lacks talent. With a completely inept QB who sucks this team still manage 24 points which is more than enough with a team that has just above average defense.

So I am sure all week the Kelly haters will be out talking about how he sucks ignoring to lack of talent on this team because Eagles fans for some reason lack the ability to look at things objectively.

Objectively? First off im not ready to give up on Kelly.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with criticizing some of his decisions. One inparticular being straut up cutting djax just to let him get signed by a division rival then getting burned by him in the end of the year when you NEED a win to stay in the post season. Did you like that move philly green?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said, there is nothing wrong with criticizing some of his decisions. One inparticular being straut up cutting djax just to let him get signed by a division rival then getting burned by him in the end of the year when you NEED a win to stay in the post season. Did you like that move philly green?

Yes I did....DJax is a one trick pony and his not being here is not the reason the Eagles are having issues. Maclin played better than him anyway. So what went to he Redskins and give me a break he is not the reason the skins beat the Eagles.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

(1) Apparently Kelly (and probably some others within the Eagles organisation) had come to the conclusion that Jackson no longer fit the team, probably mostly for reasons other than his football skills - and therefore posed a risk to team chemistry, something crucial for (long term) success.

(2) The Eagles tried to trade Jackson, but nobody would bite - possibly/probably because they knew enough about what was going on. We can assume that the Eagles did try to dump Jackson outside the division.

(3) The Eagles also knew that the 2014 draft would be very deep at WR, and might provide them with the opportunity to draft a replacement, to fill that hole, and lessen the (long term) impact of him being gone. This would be a better situation than keeping him for another year, and then having to take a gamble or not even being able to draft a replacement, and having to rely on Free Agency (while having other holes to fill).

(4) The Eagles also had Maclin, whom they might have judged to be a replacement (though with different skill set). In 2015, Maclin could be gone... and one might actually be left without Jackson and Maclin (since I presume Jackson would have been gone at some point due to conflict of character).

So overall, probably getting rid of Jackson when they did was probably the best time to do so. Unfortunately they could not trade him, but had to cut/release him, leaving Washington with the opportunity to snatch him up.