• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eagles at Falcons - Sunday Night Game 2

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck are you talking about.....?
Ok I'll expound on my theory because I just saw a hint of it. Not sure who John Clark is but his report said that "djax and Alshon did not feel comfortable pregame" What the hell does that mean? My theory is that djax shot off his mouth like we dont beat Washington without me, and wentz shot something back about being the leader that may have been bad. And then a wr strike ensued. Like I said I hope I'm wrong! But I read something more in Wentz face than just game issues.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have some points....though I am not ready to flat out call him channeling Andy in this way.

They have been very clear that they like to set up the run with the pass. That was not possible last night. Could they have leveraged that line and really powered in the run in there? They could. Except a few things:

1. I don't think they know what to do with this backfield committee. Howard looks OK going up the middle and can't be easily taken down. But he works best with a rhythm, which play calling is not giving him. Up the gut, off tackle (which Minny killed Atl with) would have worked well in getting Howard going. I am not ready to give Sanders this much play in the run game. He did have flashes in the Skins game. He went off tackle well. But this around end nonsense he is not ready for. He dances like he is still playing college level defenses. All that gets you in the NFL is a tackle for no gain, at best.
  2. Once Clement put the ball on the ground any thought to go "run first" was shot with these guys. We all know that.
Shiny toys, sure....but I think there was less rigidity to the game plan that Doug went into the game with than Andy used to do.

I already mentioned this in a comment on another thread...

But Pederson mentioned how Goedert being out impacted the offense. The team likes to run out of two-TE sets. With Goedert out and no backup TE, they either need to put a OL in there or they needed to go 3WR. They went with a lot of 3 WR sets. That limited the playbook and therefore also limited the runs that they were willing to go with.

They probably need to bring in a third string TE. We can’t go 70% pass just because our backup TE is out.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll expound on my theory because I just saw a hint of it. Not sure who John Clark is but his report said that "djax and Alshon did not feel comfortable pregame" What the hell does that mean? My theory is that djax shot off his mouth like we dont beat Washington without me, and wentz shot something back about being the leader that may have been bad. And then a wr strike ensued. Like I said I hope I'm wrong! But I read something more in Wentz face than just game issues.

That’s what you get from that? Sounds like physical discomfort. Why would anyone assume it means anything else?

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't find it strange that djax and Alshon who did not appear hurt all week suddenly have issues pregame? I've watched a lot of football and never seen this.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't find it strange that djax and Alshon who did not appear hurt all week suddenly have issues pregame? I've watched a lot of football and never seen this.

Jackson is going to be 33 and has had nagging injuries the past few seasons. Alshon is hurt quite a bit too.

You’ve never seen two guys get hurt early in a game?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz does not throw to the Backs ... it's been a complaint of mine about him since the start. I don't know if it's because Doug doesn't put it in the playbook as an option or what ... but I think we greatly under-use that aspect and we should be using it much more often. McCown came in and immediately starting using the Backs as receiving options and he was able to move the chains coming in cold.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson is going to be 33 and has had nagging injuries the past few seasons. Alshon is hurt quite a bit too.

You’ve never seen two guys get hurt early in a game?
The report said both were not comfortable pregame. Alshon played with a broken shoulder all year in 2017. Not comfortable? What kind of injury report is that? I'm done speculating because I hope I'm very wrong.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The report said both were not comfortable pregame. Alshon played with a broken shoulder all year in 2017. Not comfortable? What kind of injury report is that? I'm done speculating because I hope I'm very wrong.

Clark was indicating that they were not comfortable during pregame warmups. I don’t know how that happens but the body does weird things.

Lower body injuries are a little bit different. If something is off and you keep pushing it, it could be the season.

I think you’re just reading way too much into John Clark’s word usage.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you are really reaching here. Not trying to knock you or anything but I think your assessment is ridiculous and there is no foundation to support this. Your assessment comes off as saying that the teams top 2 receivers did not play because they were pouting over some kind of argument. A WR strike? That is just absurd.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah....sorry....I just can’t read that than anything more than physical challenges. Guys come out, warm up, and feel something is off.

Further to this....Alshon and DJax played some at the start and then it was shut down. Goedert came out of practice and didn’t go.

So something didn’t feel right....didn’t feel right after some plays. Week 2 the team is going to play more cautious than they would in week 16.

I see nothing anywhere that says drama, nor do I expect it from any of them.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Alshon could be out the next two since the games are right on top of one another.

Clement could be the same thing with the shoulder.

DJax and Goedert are unknowns, but don’t sound like they could be more than a few weeks. Looks like the offense will look a lot like last night for Lions and Packers.

Doug said he had to cross out a lot of plays last night after injuries. Ok...time to fill them in with plays that will work. Maybe some pass options to RBs (nods to Rey).

That and some full reps with all personnel this week and I’m not concerned at least for this weekend, at least.

Jernigan is apparently 4-6 weeks and not season ending. I don’t easily buy 4-6 weeks when it comes to feet.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not seeing how any of this read as drama.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year where every game has to be a claw scratch dogfight just to win

Wentz just isn’t the guy imo. The more he plays the more I see Philip rivers. Matt Ryan. Andy dalton then I do Tom Brady Brees or Rodgers. They need to run the ball more. I’d also like to know why Jeffrey isn’t playing. Once again it’s like a dream team scenario all over again. On paper they have talent but they never play up to it or they are always hurt.

God damn I love being the best, there’s something about it

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn I love being the best, there’s something about it

Actually you're a bitch.

Eagles once again showing why they will never win a Super Bowl. typical Philly play once pressure is on. and the funny things is Foles has been fine. it's the same old tired mistakes. every. time.
^ January 2018

Never means 3 weeks later.

Enjoy the parade, loser?