• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but we love your wheeling dealing frenzies

The last one was my best frenzy yet, pretty happy with it.

One of these days I'll learn ya gotta know when to hold 'em. ;)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang- Monkey faster on the draw. Never saw the counter. Shenault a CU Buff- thus my interest.
Well, I did see it but it just felt to me like creating a different headache. ...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we had given a better upfront offer. .... the counter just would put us in a whole at a different position. It was a nice one for you though Harold. ...

Now I'm wondering if I misread your offer. I recall that your offer was pick 3.6 for Shenault. What I ended up getting from Harold was pick 3.4 and Manny Sanders. Did I somehow miss something?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I'm wondering if I misread your offer. I recall that your offer was pick 3.6 for Shenault. What I ended up getting from Harold was pick 3.4 and Manny Sanders. Did I somehow miss something?
Yes, according to his post you got a 34 going 35yr old WR and a 4TH - not 3.4.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, according to his post you got a 34 going 35yr old WR and a 4TH - not 3.4.

I received 3.4. If Harold wants to undo the trade, I'd be fine with that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - well, it was a better deal than our offer - I stand corrected. ...
Also Sanders played will on his stint with the 49ers and think that had something to do with why Robo wanted him

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Sanders played will on his stint with the 49ers and think that had something to do with why Robo wanted him

That played a part in it. I never followed him closely before, but when he played on the Niners, I came to realize how brilliant he is with route running. I believe that will help him still be effective even as he ages.

Plus, the dynasty value chart I consult with says that he is still pretty good. Maybe this doesn't mean a lot, as my roster is weak, but Sanders rates higher than most of my WR's.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That played a part in it. I never followed him closely before, but when he played on the Niners, I came to realize how brilliant he is with route running. I believe that will help him still be effective even as he ages.

Plus, the dynasty value chart I consult with says that he is still pretty good. Maybe this doesn't mean a lot, as my roster is weak, but Sanders rates higher than most of my WR's.
Post that chart again just for FYI

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love these things, and just find it beyond interesting how values vary from peep to peep, league to league.

For instance...a top 3 pick is assigned a 44
Players with around a 44-Dobbins, Akers, Zeke, A Cooper, M Pittman, D. Johnson...
Well, no one is trading Dobbins or Zeke for a top 3 pick this year, not without add ins on the top 3 side. Conversely, no one is giving up a top 3 pick for Cooper, D. Johnson, or especially not for M. Pittman (rated the highest if the 3 WR's).
In fact I can't even get a low end #1 for Pittman. Heck I added a low end #1 to Pittman, and I couldn't score a 29 year WR who, according to this list, is worth just over half of Pittmans value...lol.

A 24 year old J. Jacobs below 30? Even though he's averaged 1k yards and 9 TD's every year for 3 years? He's behind Akers, who is barely a year younger and has accomplished nothing outside of 2 really good performances in a couple playoff games and a blown achillies?? And behind CEH who has proven exactly one thing in his 2 years, he's no true lead NFL RB. Lol. Hillarious.

BTW, Robo, I ain't knocking you for referencing any source you choose, nor am I knocking just this one, they are ALL like this. I just get a kick outta analyzing how far outta whack they are when you observe real world trade and are having real trade discussions with real owners, not just arbitrarily assigning values

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasty Pros trade chart. Funny I do use that site for data, but haven't used the trade chart before. I don't think it way off in general and sort of think how they rank the players is not bad, of course folks are going to questioned or disagree with certain individual players and the site can't take in account or reflect roster construction. I use a site with a trade calculator regularly to bounce possible trade ideas off. I think it's useful to reign in my own bias on certain players where I under value or over value compared to the general trade market and dealing with folks I don't know well.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasty Pros trade chart. Funny I do use that site for data, but haven't used the trade chart before. I don't think it way off in general and sort of think how they rank the players is not bad, of course folks are going to questioned or disagree with certain individual players and the site can't take in account or reflect roster construction. I use a site with a trade calculator regularly to bounce possible trade ideas off. I think it's useful to reign in my own bias on certain players where I under value or over value compared to the general trade market and dealing with folks I don't know well.

Yeah, I'm not looking at it as a be all, end all. I just like consulting with it to see if a proposal is in the ballpark according to at least one neutral source. As you know, I often let my personal bias be a decider. LOL.