• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty 1

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. No trades. You can keep two at different positions in the round they were drafted. Free agents go in the 6th (Barkley was dropped by somebody else so he would be a 6th round keeper) and I already have Justin Jefferson in the 10th so it comes down to Barkley in the 6th or Harris in the 11th as my other choice.
that sucks that you will have to throw Harris back... But it is a clear choice to keep Barkley...

the only way i would even think about not keeping Barkley is if i knew where i was drafting, and who will be available in the first round...

But even then, i still think it is an obvious choice...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that sucks that you will have to throw Harris back... But it is a clear choice to keep Barkley...

the only way i would even think about not keeping Barkley is if i knew where i was drafting, and who will be available in the first round...

But even then, i still think it is an obvious choice...

Well I'm the commissioner of the league and we pick our draft spots in reverse order of standings. I finished 6th last year so I'd have no worse than the 7th pick. And you can only keep people one year, so Elliott, Cook, Jonathan Taylor, and Josh Jacobs are the top guys that were kept last year and will be available. Every other top running back could be kept (Kamara, Henry, Chubb, Aaron Jones, Ekeler, Akers, Mixon, Gibson) are all available to be kept. Kamara, Chubb, Henry, Ekeler, Jones, and Mixon would all have to be first round keepers though, which doesn't happen too often. The top wide receivers that were kept last year were AJ Brown and Allen Robinson so almost all of them are available to be kept.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the draft chart and it's in the order that they get to pick their spots. Free agents are listed at the bottom and would all be 6th round keepers. The pink highlighted part is the college player and they are 10th round keepers (it would be 11th for me since Jefferson is in the 10th round). The yellow highlights are last year's keepers. And you'll see that tight ends are drafted way down from normal and that's because we don't play a tight end spot but they are flexed with wide receivers (which should shock nobody that knows me). We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR/TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 IDP. Notice the guy that won had his first 15 draft picks on his roster at the end of the year. LOL.

1623807641980.png

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wondering what happened first, the trade deadline or you adding Barkley??

JMO, but the rules should have never allowed you to pick up and keep Barkley as a 6th round keeper pick... but because you didnt break any rules, there should be no guilt in keeping him... and honestly, that guilt as a commish would be the only reason i would ever keep Harris over Barkley... especially since you won't be able to keep them in 2022...

but i would definitely try to fix that rule or make an amendment or something to prevent a first round injury to be kept as a free agent add on...

looking at the chart, it is too bad that most teams dont have good keepers, and you have three ELITE ones... you could have made a killing in the preseason trades if allowed... but its not... so...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually leaning towards Harris because I'm just not sure Barkley is 5 rounds of value better than Harris with his injury history and now they signed Golladay and have to figure out if Daniel Jones is their future this year so I'm just not that convinced about Barkley's usage even if he is healthy. I think they'll be more cautious like pulling him off the field in the 4th quarter if they are winning or losing badly when they never did that in the past.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually leaning towards Harris because I'm just not sure Barkley is 5 rounds of value better than Harris with his injury history and now they signed Golladay and have to figure out if Daniel Jones is their future this year so I'm just not that convinced about Barkley's usage even if he is healthy. I think they'll be more cautious like pulling him off the field in the 4th quarter if they are winning or losing badly when they never did that in the past.
Yup but balance that out with the Steelers OL, last season it was one of the worse at run blocking, not sure that they improved it. Also Ben is hanging on by a thread and if Rudolph starts games things are going to heck real fast.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup but balance that out with the Steelers OL, last season it was one of the worse at run blocking, not sure that they improved it. Also Ben is hanging on by a thread and if Rudolph starts games things are going to heck real fast.
That is true also :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it may pay off for you to keep Harris... But i can guarantee if you ask any "expert" they will all say Barkley... and really if you are wrong, this could be a championship losing mistake...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit

I know that you know the right move... The problem is that you just dont like the right move... but there is a clear CORRECT move...

if you really dont like barkley, then trade him after the draft... you would easily get Harris +

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Foot still in the league? Went into the league page with the list of owners and he hasn't even logged into the league this year since it was renewed:

1628101249700.png

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote good Bye and good luck to the lovely Foot. Rinse and repeat of no-show.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Foot still in the league? Went into the league page with the list of owners and he hasn't even logged into the league this year since it was renewed:

View attachment 276625

I've said I'm on board with moving forward in another direction...I'm not entirely sure what is going on after that..if everyone is expecting a replacement to fall from the sky?? Or if I'm expected to find one, if so, sure would like to know that was expected...maybe a few names to target?? I dunno...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said I'm on board with moving forward in another direction...I'm not entirely sure what is going on after that..if everyone is expecting a replacement to fall from the sky?? Or if I'm expected to find one, if so, sure would like to know that was expected...maybe a few names to target?? I dunno...
I'm not sure we ever officially said he was out. Probably something we should at least vote on. I know how much you love polls. As for a replacement, I have no idea other than seeing if one of the co-owners wants to take over their own team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe @Robotech mentioned wanting to be considered for a dynasty league should a opening occur and he seems like a good addition.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we ever officially said he was out. Probably something we should at least vote on. I know how much you love polls. As for a replacement, I have no idea other than seeing if one of the co-owners wants to take over their own team.
I do believe the first step should be, making sure everyone, or a majority at least, is on board with a change. There's always 3-4 that bring it up, never hear much from anyone else though. I'll see if Harold can help us out to that end, then I'll start with offering to co-owners, then take suggestions..such as the aforementioned @Robotech

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe [Robotech[ mentioned wanting to be considered for a dynasty league should a opening occur and he seems like a good addition.
I think we owe a sneak-peak of the team and future picks to anyone interested. ....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like my load is easing up this year. Not sure if I would want to take over permanently, but I would jump in and set lineups and make moves this season if you guys get in a bind.