• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight to GS

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign me up. They could switch Hedo's albatross for Big Baby's, and do that trade this second. The Dubs wouldn't have a four, but it's probably better to space things out for the Curry-Howard pick 'n roll with shooters on the wings, anyway. Plus, I think Big Baby is practically worthless. Why did they give up Brandon Bass again? Anyway, yeah, you're right. It won't happen. Plus, Dwight has said he wouldn't re-sign with the Warriors. Even with that info, I'd still be happy with the trade because it gets rid of Avi's contract. Granted, Hedo's isn't much better, but at least that team roster could make a play-off run this year. Considering, Golden State will lose their first round pick, regardless, we might as well get to watch a play-off team this year.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you just love it when ESPN makes up news?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign me up. They could switch Hedo's albatross for Big Baby's, and do that trade this second. The Dubs wouldn't have a four, but it's probably better to space things out for the Curry-Howard pick 'n roll with shooters on the wings, anyway. Plus, I think Big Baby is practically worthless. Why did they give up Brandon Bass again? Anyway, yeah, you're right. It won't happen. Plus, Dwight has said he wouldn't re-sign with the Warriors. Even with that info, I'd still be happy with the trade because it gets rid of Avi's contract. Granted, Hedo's isn't much better, but at least that team roster could make a play-off run this year. Considering, Golden State will lose their first round pick, regardless, we might as well get to watch a play-off team this year.

Rep. Getting rid of Avi's contract without giving up Steph or Klay would be a tremendous win.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2012 Warriors Roster
C: Howard/Beans
PF: Davis/Tyler
SF: Wright/McGuire
SG: Thompson/Rush
PG: Curry/Nate

That's a playoff team this year. If Howard leaves, we'd be able to S&T him, and our payroll would look like this:

2012/13
Beans $9MM
Davis $6.4MM
Wright $4.1MM
Curry $4.0MM
Rush $4.1MM (qual offer)
Thompson $2.3MM
TOTAL: $29.9 (with Rush); $25.8 without.

But, we'd need to figure in a couple of things:

Players coming back in S&T deal: Let's estimate around $18MM (Howard's max based on his service time). That's $44MM with probably a first rounder or two. We lose our 2012 pick to Utah, but pick up a similar, maybe better pick and an asset or two (probably a big man and a guard). Think Bynum or Lopez since that's where Howard will probably end up.

2013 W's:

PG: Curry/Jenkins
SG: Thompson/Asset
SF: Wright/McGuire
PF: Davis/Tyler
C: Asset/Beans

I'd be good with this.