• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard to Houston?

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

I spreche turable Engrish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how I would feel about this. On the one hand I obviously wouldn't mind having the most dominant big in the league today and would love to see Kevin Martin leave town, on the other I would like to see them get some size/length in the draft(like a Perry Jones for the 3, John Henson, trade for another pick to get Fab Melo.) Would really hate it if he decided to leave after a year if the trade went through.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what I don't understand. Why would Dwight nullify his ETO and then demand a trade before the draft? That doesn't make any sense to me...

It doesn't unless he is getting paid above the max deal. I don't have any idea what his salary is or whether he even demanded a trade just see ESPN pushing this story.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't unless he is getting paid above the max deal. I don't have any idea what his salary is or whether he even demanded a trade just see ESPN pushing this story.

ESPN started pushing two stories at the same time:

- DERON WILLIAMS WILL ONLY PLAY FOR DALLAS OR NJ
- DWIGHT DEMANDS A TRADE BEFORE THE DRAFT

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also why is everyone in love with Fab Melo?

Defensive capabilities. Can do nothing but improve offensively. Probably has something to do with how much him being hurt hurt Syracuse in the tourney as well.

Edit: Ineligible, not hurt. I really need to pay more attention to college basketball.

ESPN started pushing two stories at the same time:

- DERON WILLIAMS WILL ONLY PLAY FOR DALLAS OR NJ
- DWIGHT DEMANDS A TRADE BEFORE THE DRAFT

That Deron story has been common knowledge for a while as best I could tell. The first I saw of the Dwight thing besides message board fodder w/ ESPN links(that I didn't read) was about 15-20 minutes ago on PTI.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how "common knowledge" it is... ESPNs just been talking about how Deron could "go home to Dallas" for awhile. That evolved from them saying the Dwight Dirk and Deron would all play in Dallas. Then they started talking about how the Magic would "trade dwight before the season started." Then Dwight came out with his "list" that said he'd only go to _____ teams. Then it changed to "before the trade deadline." Then Dwight was supposed to walk after the season.

Every time they cited "sources close to the situation" and they've been wrong every time. Forgive me if I don't believe "sources"

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how "common knowledge" it is... ESPNs just been talking about how Deron could "go home to Dallas" for awhile. That evolved from them saying the Dwight Dirk and Deron would all play in Dallas. Then they started talking about how the Magic would "trade dwight before the season started." Then Dwight came out with his "list" that said he'd only go to _____ teams. Then it changed to "before the trade deadline." Then Dwight was supposed to walk after the season.

Every time they cited "sources close to the situation" and they've been wrong every time. Forgive me if I don't believe "sources"

Maybe it is just because I live in Texas(then again I think you do too) and listen to Mavs fans more than I want to, but it seems like word has been for a year or two that he really wants to return home if he leaves the Nets.

As far as Dwight I wouldn't trust any sources from the TMZ of sports either, but I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Morey try something like the rumors state. It would be another decision of his I don't necessarily like, but at least this one would be more than acceptable compared to past trades. I almost hope the rumors are full of shit so this team can go through a youth movement, especially if this draft is as deep as it is perceived.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said... getting high picks and expiring contracts for Howard is exactly what I'd want for him in a trade.

I can imagine. Probably be able to pick up Drummond then whatever the hell else the Magic feel like they need.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Dwight wanting to go to Houston. They aren't a contender, and he'd be in no better a situation than he would in Orlando.

Dwight needs to go to the Knicks - just because the NBA needs either them or Boston to be decent next season. If the Knicks could hold onto their guards and Melo to pair with Dwight, and gave up Chandler and Stoudamire, they could be a decent team.

The west is going to be interesting. Dallas has enough money to offer 2 max deals, you KNOW the Spurs, Lakers, and maybe even the Thunder are going to make some personnel moves.

GunsUp_ShootinBlanks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see Dwight wanting to go to Houston. They aren't a contender, and he'd be in no better a situation than he would in Orlando.Dwight needs to go to the Knicks - just because the NBA needs either them or Boston to be decent next season. If the Knicks could hold onto their guards and Melo to pair with Dwight, and gave up Chandler and Stoudamire, they could be a decent team.

The west is going to be interesting. Dallas has enough money to offer 2 max deals, you KNOW the Spurs, Lakers, and maybe even the Thunder are going to make some personnel moves.

:noidea: I'm pretty sure we would have just a shitload of cap room if we got rid of Kevin Martin's shitty contract, probably have a good amount as is. Like I said though, I would almost rather just trade for an extra pick and go young.