• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard Or Dwight Coward?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:...I think the LA market/pressure to win (Titles, not games mind you) may have been more than DH wanted to deal with.

No question about - to compete with the ghosts of Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jaabar, Shaq Oneal and Kobe Bryant was too much. He wants to laugh and play and in Los Angeles, there is a perception that if you are laughing and joking when playing, that you don't care about the game. It is a different atmosphere and attitude in L.A. He simply couldn't handle it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:...I think the LA market/pressure to win (Titles, not games mind you) may have been more than DH wanted to deal with.

:agree: It's not that Dwight doesn't want to win championships, he does!! All players want to win championships!! I think that the difference for Dwight is that, as a Laker, championships are expected and that was more than he wanted to deal with!! Which is fine, not all athletes want that expectation placed on them!!

Even Metta World Peace understands this!! I heard an interview with him this afternoon in which he said that he considers his time in L.A. a failure, because the Lakers only won one championship with him on the team!!

Meanwhile, as you point out in a previous post, Dwight considers himself a winner because he's been in the league nearly 10 years and has a gold medal!! Dwight may be a "winner", but he's not a champion!!

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a coward because he didn't want to play in Kobe's system for the next 3-4 years.

He wants to be THE MAN and that was not going to happen in LA.

Get off his case already.

He still isnt even the man in Houston. A guy with no offensve game cant be the man and yes Harden will shoot alot more then Howard. If Howard cant handle what Kobe has to say then Howard is a coward and also a little bitch. Man up Howard for once in your life and quit making kids and take care of them and be a father more then you are now. Loser!!

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if you heard his intro press conference in HOU...but you can tell this guy was raised in the era of "everybody is a winner if you competed".

We may finally be seeing the effects of the pussification of America :lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still isnt even the man in Houston. A guy with no offensve game cant be the man and yes Harden will shoot alot more then Howard. If Howard cant handle what Kobe has to say then Howard is a coward and also a little bitch. Man up Howard for once in your life and quit making kids and take care of them and be a father more then you are now. Loser!!

The funny thing is, when he was going to be drafted they kept pushing that "religious upbringing" crap. Guess that didn't help him very much.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, when he was going to be drafted they kept pushing that "religious upbringing" crap. Guess that didn't help him very much.

I don't know as if he has done anything that wasn't in line with being a christian though and I expect I have certainly said and done things much worse when I think about it. As I said before it's a bit harsh to call him a coward because he never made any promises from the time he came, and he played about as good as one could expect and the Lakers got more out him then they would have got out of Bynumb.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight left Lakers because he does not think they have the coach, GM or talent to win for many years ahead. Why cant Lakers posters just accept and logically panic instead?

Dwight knows a little more than you do as to what he left behind ;-):clap:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight knows enough to get rocked by Kobe in the Finals. Don't forget who put his nuts on that boy's head.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that last night, hilarious!!

To Dwight's credit, he was shown laughing pretty hard at it too!!

I saw Wade and Lebron bustin' up but didn't see Howard. Later on maybe? I didn't watch the ESPYs.