• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwight Howard Or Dwight Coward?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very surprised to see the newsmedia calling this guy Dwight Coward?Seems a bit harsh, but I like it - LMAO

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one thought of it sooner tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a coward because he didn't want to play in Kobe's system for the next 3-4 years.

He wants to be THE MAN and that was not going to happen in LA.

Get off his case already.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised no one thought of it sooner tbh.

Yeah - it's surprising when you think of it, but it still seems a bit honest. Howard was very uncomfortable in Los Angeles - Wasn't used to the attention and how serious the team takes the game. He wants to be on a team where it's fun and games, laughing and joking and your season veterans like Kobe and Shaq Oneal told him straight out that there is a time to be serious and a time to joke. He didn't like that at all.

I think his attitude will prevent him from every winning a championship in my opinion. Houston has already said they don't need to build any more and and everything they need, so with Asik about to make their lives a living hell for not trading him, I just don't see them going past the second round at the best.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a coward because he didn't want to play in Kobe's system for the next 3-4 years.

He wants to be THE MAN and that was not going to happen in LA.

Get off his case already.

I'm not his case man - I'm just reporting what the newsmedia is calling him. Hell I even said that seemed a bit harsh:lol:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media hates lebron for looking for help and then they hate dwight for wanting to be "the guy" somewhere else.

Great thing about the media is they are never happy and just look to criticize. As much as I (and most) disagree with the decision and think it was a foolish decision on Bron's part its SO hypocritical to have ESPN blast lebron for it when they are the ones who hosted the show.

ESPN has become a mess, unfortunately they have basically a monopoly on major sports.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - it's surprising when you think of it, but it still seems a bit honest. Howard was very uncomfortable in Los Angeles - Wasn't used to the attention and how serious the team takes the game. He wants to be on a team where it's fun and games, laughing and joking and your season veterans like Kobe and Shaq Oneal told him straight out that there is a time to be serious and a time to joke. He didn't like that at all.

I think his attitude will prevent him from every winning a championship in my opinion. Houston has already said they don't need to build any more and and everything they need, so with Asik about to make their lives a living hell for not trading him, I just don't see them going past the second round at the best.

I agree. He has the alpha male personality and that's Kobe in LA, so he jet. I bet he never wins shit, but makes a lot of $$$ because he's talented.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media hates lebron for looking for help and then they hate dwight for wanting to be "the guy" somewhere else.

Great thing about the media is they are never happy and just look to criticize. As much as I (and most) disagree with the decision and think it was a foolish decision on Bron's part its SO hypocritical to have ESPN blast lebron for it when they are the ones who hosted the show.

ESPN has become a mess, unfortunately they have basically a monopoly on major sports.

Basically? They are a monopoly of American sports.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dude, meant that post toward the media, not you. You're cool.

I admit to it being funny, but you are right of course - Dwight had the right to sign where ever he wanted too. I don't think he ever intended to sign with the Lakers from the beginning though. That was too fast and easy for him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: As distasteful as I found "The Decision" to be!! It is utterly ridiculous that when it blew up in his face, ESPN abandoned him and started criticizing him for it!!

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys hate on hockey its just because you don't understand it. Hockey is as action packed or more action packed than any sport out there.

Soccer, I played soccer for 20 years. Its fun to play (my opinion) but horrible to watch.

I played hockey for my whole life, won state in wisconsin. Ive played football, basketball, golf, baseball. Nothing is quite as intense as hockey.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: As distasteful as I found "The Decision" to be!! It is utterly ridiculous that when it blew up in his face, ESPN abandoned him and started criticizing him for it!!

Exactly. I love LeBron. But the decision just made me sick (although im happy it made money for charity). But all of a sudden espn crucified him for the program they aired?

WHAT?!?!?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit to it being funny, but you are right of course - Dwight had the right to sign where ever he wanted too. I don't think he ever intended to sign with the Lakers from the beginning though. That was too fast and easy for him

If the Lakers had any chance at all to sign him, both Kobe and D'Antoni blew it with those pitiful speeches they gave. Both of them pushed Dwight away even more.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers had any chance at all to sign him, both Kobe and D'Antoni blew it with those pitiful speeches they gave. Both of them pushed Dwight away even more.

Uh, Kobe didn't give Dwight any "speech" and it's been reported that D'Antoni never said a word in the meeting!! That was more of the bs "speculation" that came from "sources"!!

Dwight also has NEVER said Kobe was the reason he left, including in a Steven A. Smith interview on ESPN aired today when he said: "Playing with Kobe played no part in my decision to go to Houston"!!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys hate on hockey its just because you don't understand it. Hockey is as action packed or more action packed than any sport out there.

Soccer, I played soccer for 20 years. Its fun to play (my opinion) but horrible to watch.

I played hockey for my whole life, won state in wisconsin. Ive played football, basketball, golf, baseball. Nothing is quite as intense as hockey.

Hockey is not going away though I think it's popularity has perhaps pushed Americans as far as it will go. Gaining the Florida and Texas markets was HUGE for hockey on a National level.

Soccer is just too boring. Yes, you have to be a good athlete to excel, no question about that. But Americans love a game where people SCORE more than one or two times in 90 minutes of action and sometimes they don't score any goals at all.

The rest of the world is not going to do this but I think that for soccer to get really popular here they are going to have to change the rules to make it easier to score. Put a fence up behind the goal so the ball doesn't get kicked out of bounds all the time when they miss the goal, which they do often. By keeping the ball in play in front of the goal more goals would be scored and the game would be a lot more exciting.

I don't know which rule would be best to change but for soccer to become popular like hockey has become and to be as successful they are going to have to make it a more exciting game. Remember that we are in an economic down right now and Americans are not going to buy season's tickets to some boring games, at least not in Atlanta or most other potentially new soccer markets.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Kobe didn't give Dwight any "speech" and it's been reported that D'Antoni never said a word in the meeting!! That was more of the bs "speculation" that came from "sources"!!

Dwight also has NEVER said Kobe was the reason he left, including in a Steven A. Smith interview on ESPN aired today when he said: "Playing with Kobe played no part in my decision to go to Houston"!!

TF12, I think you are a super poster. But there is no way I believe that Kobe had nothing to do with Dwight's departure and D'Antoni's system is a good thing for Dwight - or anybody else for that matter.

Dwight wants to be THE MAN. In LA as long as Kobe is around that is not going to happen. Ever.

Come this time next year you guys will be ready to tar and feather D'Antoni and ride his ass out of LA as fast as possible.