• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dustin the assassin is back.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect his dominant run is over. He's not the great player we've seen since last years US Open, and he certainly isn't the turd that showed up at Jack's place.

Having seen Rory, Day, Spieth all attain #1 and not sustain it very long, I think the tour is settling in to several guy go on streaks for 6-12 mos then cool off so it wouldn't shock me.

But...3 wins this season and at least 1 win every year he's played the tour...DJ is the new standard if you will.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubba was looking like calm Bubba last week. Not whiny, blame the caddie Bubba.
Just sayin. In theory, the US opens do not fit his game, but he looked relaxed, and focused.

LOL...I've heard (not seen) about the Tommy Bolt on course persona, but Bubba is the most temperamental touring pro I've ever seen play.

If he doesn't like a course, you can almost bank on him not playing well. What's so strange is the Hartford up in Conn doesn't seem like it should fit his game, but he always seems to do well there.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...3 wins this season and at least 1 win every year he's played the tour...DJ is the new standard if you will.

If 'new' as in latest...I agree. However....I still believe DJ/Spieth/Day and all look up to Rory. He's younger than 2 of those guys, and has as many majors as all of them combined. He's been the best player for the last 5 years. He's dominated/fell off a bit/returned to dominance...the other guys have had runs, but have yet to return to that level, and until I see what I believe is a permanent fall-off from McIlroy, he's still the standard for myself.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 'new' as in latest...I agree. However....I still believe DJ/Spieth/Day and all look up to Rory. He's younger than 2 of those guys, and has as many majors as all of them combined. He's been the best player for the last 5 years. He's dominated/fell off a bit/returned to dominance...the other guys have had runs, but have yet to return to that level, and until I see what I believe is a permanent fall-off from McIlroy, he's still the standard for myself.

Rory...I don't disagree...the majors back that up. Rory's had the most dominant stretch of the group just not the most recent. I'm in a wait and see mode with him...both he and Day have started to have some physical issues already. Both have bulked up, but guys their height hitting the ball that far...I worry about injuries down the road.

I will say, the top of the tour is very strong with Spieth, Day, Johnson, McILroy, throw in a majorless but talented Fowler for a little spice. Hopefully all those guys and stay healthy and chase majors for the next decade...not so much for us diehards, but from a fringe fan perspective tour golf kind of needs it right now.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check out his chipping...the carnival games is pretty amazing.