• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dustin Johnson made $175,000 for doing nothing the last month

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dustin Johnson has been sitting on his couch -- or Paulina Gretzky's couch or somebody's couch -- for the last month on a personal leave of absence from the PGA Tour.

For his efforts in doing so Johnson will collect $175,000 in prize money.

Strange but true.

Johnson finished 30th in the FedEx Cup points race even though he didn't play a single playoff event and thus qualified for this week's Tour Championship.

He's entitled to $175,000 for that finish but according to Joe Ogilvie won't get the $128,000 the last-place finisher at the Tour Championship would earn.

The whole thing feels strange though I guess Johnson should be rewarded for his efforts throughout the season.

I suppose if you want to look at the playoffs through the lenses of another sport you can say Johnson got a bye into the fourth round (which is odd in and of itself).

But to get paid for his "efforts"? Downright crazy.

h/t Golf News Net

Dustin Johnson made $175,000 for doing nothing the last month - CBSSports.com

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a life, uh...I will say...professional golf is great when you finally reach the top, but getting there is a major, major chore.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a life, uh...I will say...professional golf is great when you finally reach the top, but getting there is a major, major chore.

and is a major cash zap!

Yeah, once you get to the top it is pretty sweet. But it's extremely hard to get there!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and is a major cash zap!

Yeah, once you get to the top it is pretty sweet. But it's extremely hard to get there!

Yeah...it is, the system is kind of set up for you to stay for a while (meaning you get in all the no cut WGC events, all the majors, big money invitationals, but you still have to play well. It wasn't that long ago that guys like Darren Clarke and Goosen, etc. were mainstays at these events.

Even though he can't close anymore, that's one thing you have to admire about Furyk...for old grinder, he's cashed an awful lot of big checks just being steady Eddy....nearly 62 mil.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dustin Johnson has been sitting on his couch -- or Paulina Gretzky's couch or somebody's couch -- for the last month on a personal leave of absence from the PGA Tour.

For his efforts in doing so Johnson will collect $175,000 in prize money.

Strange but true.

Johnson finished 30th in the FedEx Cup points race even though he didn't play a single playoff event and thus qualified for this week's Tour Championship.

He's entitled to $175,000 for that finish but according to Joe Ogilvie won't get the $128,000 the last-place finisher at the Tour Championship would earn.

The whole thing feels strange though I guess Johnson should be rewarded for his efforts throughout the season.

I suppose if you want to look at the playoffs through the lenses of another sport you can say Johnson got a bye into the fourth round (which is odd in and of itself).

But to get paid for his "efforts"? Downright crazy.

h/t Golf News Net

Dustin Johnson made $175,000 for doing nothing the last month - CBSSports.com

Good gig!