• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dunbar

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense has to get off the field no doubt. I will never forget the Denver game. There was a certain play that still bothers me - that probably was never written about or thought about except when the film got replayed to the team the next day. It was in the third or 4rth quarter, both teams scoring at will- our defense had forced Peyton and co. to a 3rd and 10 in their own territory. Peyton dropped back- we got a decent rush- he lofts a pass to Moreno about 9 yards down field - wide open. I think he got 12 yrds on the play. This happened too many times. Then once I think about- maybe we actually played the best defense possible and just got beat by one of the best QBs to ever play. How did he know to throw to Moreno on that play?????

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm seeing that go up to 30-32 runs a game with our OL this season

I'd like to run the ball more too, but i dont see any way that we are going to run the ball 500 times this year.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to run the ball more too, but i dont see any way that we are going to run the ball 500 times this year.

We were 31 out of 32 teams last season. Teams like Seattle and DF ran the ball more than 500 times. I think we would be smart to at least try to emulate their success

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't be winning as often as them. We don't have the same kind of team as them. We aren't going to run the ball 50% more than we did last year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will have to see this to believe it. Dunbar could be a weapon if he was actually used. The same could be said of Murray. If the cowboys actually want to win games they need to become a running team, this defense may ormay not be improved. Time of possesion could be extremely critical if the defense is a sieve like it was last year. More running would also mean Romo takes less hits. So far the coaching staff has been too stupid to realize this. Dunbar still needs to show he is not a fumbler. I hope he does

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were 31 out of 32 teams last season. Teams like Seattle and DF ran the ball more than 500 times. I think we would be smart to at least try to emulate their success

Seattle and SF defenses get off the field too. They also have a qb that accounts for 6 rushes a game. Romo - 1. Im all for running more but we have to do other things better to be able to do that. We havent even brought up the penalties yet. Seattle doesnt have a Bryant and Witten combo to throw too. Crabtree and Davis are nice but the accuracy of Kap is questionable at times. When you have defenses like they do, its easy to say lets play safe and not turn it over and punt.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and SF defenses get off the field too. They also have a qb that accounts for 6 rushes a game. Romo - 1. Im all for running more but we have to do other things better to be able to do that. We havent even brought up the penalties yet. Seattle doesnt have a Bryant and Witten combo to throw too. Crabtree and Davis are nice but the accuracy of Kap is questionable at times. When you have defenses like they do, its easy to say lets play safe and not turn it over and punt.

Plus Romo is the greatest player of all time!!!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and SF defenses get off the field too. They also have a qb that accounts for 6 rushes a game. Romo - 1. Im all for running more but we have to do other things better to be able to do that. We havent even brought up the penalties yet. Seattle doesnt have a Bryant and Witten combo to throw too. Crabtree and Davis are nice but the accuracy of Kap is questionable at times. When you have defenses like they do, its easy to say lets play safe and not turn it over and punt.[/QUOTE]

Very true.
Hard to proud the running game if your defense is giving up 28 plus per Sunday. Every week is a new adventure and hopefully we'll run the ball more than we have but this will be a passing team.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and SF defenses get off the field too. They also have a qb that accounts for 6 rushes a game. Romo - 1. Im all for running more but we have to do other things better to be able to do that. We havent even brought up the penalties yet. Seattle doesnt have a Bryant and Witten combo to throw too. Crabtree and Davis are nice but the accuracy of Kap is questionable at times. When you have defenses like they do, its easy to say lets play safe and not turn it over and punt.[/QUOTE]

Very true.
Hard to proud the running game if your defense is giving up 28 plus per Sunday. Every week is a new adventure and hopefully we'll run the ball more than we have but this will be a passing team.

Agree. IMO this is a much better team if we run more, but I also understand what WILL happen with Garrett in charge and although I think we will run it more than last year it won't be a lot more. 500 carries is a pipe dream IMO and to be honest, should be.

Otis B. Driftwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well stated. It's not like we are completely deficient on offense. But - we can't have the defense continue to let us down time and time again.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to agree that with the defense playing the way it has the past few years, it's tough to grind it out on the ground and get a win. I'm not saying we have to run it 30+ times a game, but I think this coaching staff needs to be a little smarter utilizing the run. It seemed like way too often Dallas would go 3 and out on 3 quick passes after the opposing team just marched down the field against our defense, only for the defense to go right back out onto the field and get burned again. Hopefully now, with the improvement of the O-line we can go out there every once in a while and milk some clock with the running game, and buy the defense a breather.

Dallas was 26th in time of possession last year, despite being 5th in the league in scoring. Pretty bad. The Lions on the other hand were 4th in time of possession. Hopefully Linehan can bring some of that clock control to Dallas.

Edit: Interesting note, Philadelphia was 2nd in scoring and dead last in time of possession. Only having the ball for approximately 44% of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we were dead last in the league on plays from scrimmage with 957 plays. league average was 1040.63 plays.