• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dunbar among those sitting out tonight

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Dunbar will sit out Thursday's preseason opener.
It's a mere precaution as Dunbar underwent left knee surgery eight months ago. He has not missed a single training camp practice, and remains in line for a change-of-pace role behind DeMarco Murray. Tony Romo, Jason Witten and Murray will also sit out tonight.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to take three this season and that #3 guy will get more carries than your #2 guy.

Dunbar is the true definition of specialty back....without the bulk of a Sproles type.
Limited touches required to stay somewhat upright for the 16 week grind.

I'm not convinced the Dallas coaches see this much and most likely expect a week to week workload 12 to 15 touches. That won't work....least to me it won't if you expect him each week.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to take three this season and that #3 guy will get more carries than your #2 guy.

Dunbar is the true definition of specialty back....without the bulk of a Sproles type.
Limited touches required to stay somewhat upright for the 16 week grind.

I'm not convinced the Dallas coaches see this much and most likely expect a week to week workload 12 to 15 touches. That won't work....least to me it won't if you expect him each week.
until I see something in camp. I am not to keen on any of our possible #3 guys :(

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dunbar is going to be an explosive weapon for us and make some huge plays this year in both the running game and passing game. I think we will finally start using him and benefit from his unique skill set, but yeah...it's only really going to be like 5 or 6 touches a game. First off Murray is a true 3 down back. Secondly, unless he has greatly improved Dunbar isn't a guy we want protecting Romo too often. Thirdly, like stated above, he doesn't appear to be the most durable guy. Lastly, unless we greatly increase the number of rushes per game there really aren't that many to spread around...

But damn I like to watch this kid run around with the ball out in space...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not to keen on much of anything before it's done. I think we all know that story just being football fans. Whole lotta woulda, coulda, shouda in pro football. Very little can be truly counted on...and Dallas ranks high in both of those categories.

Pro football is all about health these days. Quality depth on a limited roster is a trick within itself. This moreso than most anything else has been Dallas's biggest problem and where a team like the Patriots shine. It's time this organization understand that. Dunbar can't return kicks and be counted on as a true #2 on a team striving to run the football plus 40%. Murray can't take the week in and week out pounding of 23, 24 and up carries. (not to mention the concentrated effort the new OC is putting on screens) Is this staff committed to playing to the strength of the oline? I think Callahan is up to the task and it's hard not to like this oline....BUT, what are these coaches thinking with a Murray and Dunbar week in and week out IF they successfully pound the football with runs, and screens? That #3 back becomes huge and why I expect he'll run the football more than Dunbar, or least, should.

I tell you....these Dallas coaches and personal people have had limited vision....even on the stuff they preach about their going to do. They did it last year with Romo friendly with regards to run/pass and looks the defense was giving last season. This shit has been more than garratt. This isn't New England in so many ways. Red has Jerry and that remains the story where vision issues with regards to what this team wants to be along with a coach having the authority to demand that from his coaches.

we wanna play to our strengths and kill um with play action??? Better think this all the way through and understand all the requirements.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well tonight looks to be the Randle and Williams RB show The kid we picked up from AZ will need to shine to beat out Randle and Im not so sure Randle is the answer either but that's what preseason is for.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle and Williams looked pretty good on Thursday.

I think much will have to do with pass protection with regards to who lands the number 3 spot

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not to keen on much of anything before it's done. I think we all know that story just being football fans. Whole lotta woulda, coulda, shouda in pro football. Very little can be truly counted on...and Dallas ranks high in both of those categories.

Pro football is all about health these days. Quality depth on a limited roster is a trick within itself. This moreso than most anything else has been Dallas's biggest problem and where a team like the Patriots shine. It's time this organization understand that. Dunbar can't return kicks and be counted on as a true #2 on a team striving to run the football plus 40%. Murray can't take the week in and week out pounding of 23, 24 and up carries. (not to mention the concentrated effort the new OC is putting on screens) Is this staff committed to playing to the strength of the oline? I think Callahan is up to the task and it's hard not to like this oline....BUT, what are these coaches thinking with a Murray and Dunbar week in and week out IF they successfully pound the football with runs, and screens? That #3 back becomes huge and why I expect he'll run the football more than Dunbar, or least, should.

I tell you....these Dallas coaches and personal people have had limited vision....even on the stuff they preach about their going to do. They did it last year with Romo friendly with regards to run/pass and looks the defense was giving last season. This shit has been more than garratt. This isn't New England in so many ways. Red has Jerry and that remains the story where vision issues with regards to what this team wants to be along with a coach having the authority to demand that from his coaches.

we wanna play to our strengths and kill um with play action??? Better think this all the way through and understand all the requirements.

Amen

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the whole thing the other night. He told everyone else to stay the fuck out- his words. I have waited and waited for the debate to begin.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way Pday, he will probably consider this recruiting. Oh and Im an ass kisser for agreeing with you , jarntt, esm11, snook, shmoop, etc.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching last nights game I understand why Williams was a high pick. Injuries have been his downfall not talent IMO

Randle should be advised to keep his A game in place

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching last nights game I understand why Williams was a high pick. Injuries have been his downfall not talent IMO

Randle should be advised to keep his A game in place

I dont like him returning kicks. Randle had a tough game. He dropped a pass that would have been a tough catch. He chose to go side to side on KRs . Weeden was hit a lot when he was in , which may or may not have been his fault- meaning I dont know if he was in the pattern or suppose to be blocking. He did have one pretty good run, as did Williams.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Williams can unseat Randle as the #3 RB.
I think Randle is more of a waste of a roster spot.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Williams can unseat Randle as the #3 RB.
I think Randle is more of a waste of a roster spot.

This sounds like Arlington Cowboy.
Waste seems extreme...didn't see waste in the SD preseason game.
I do expect Williams to get more and more opportunities. Maybe they should keep 4

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams eluded to keeping all 4 in the post game. With our need in other areas, I think they have to go 3. 34- Williams- needs to work on special teams some

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams eluded to keeping all 4 in the post game. With our need in other areas, I think they have to go 3. 34- Williams- needs to work on special teams some

may be....that's always the interesting part when they get to final cuts

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sounds like Arlington Cowboy.
Waste seems extreme...didn't see waste in the SD preseason game.
I do expect Williams to get more and more opportunities. Maybe they should keep 4

Randle hasn't done squat since being on the team. So yeah I may be a little harsh but it is how I feel.
Chances are one of the top two backs will get dinged up, & our 3rd will have to be the #2 at some time.
Randle sucks. I want our 3rd back being the better back not a ST player. So I stand by my opinion on Randle. Hate to see some excuse why we kept him if someone else proves to be better. (as the #3)