• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Duke@MSU

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forbes could be State's X factor.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Okafor develops a little outside shot.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more enthusiastic if this was a Michigan game

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Msu hung tougher than I thought.

Okafor is just goooood.

Tyus with all the big plays

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This night belonged to Duke. State will get better as the season goes along. Izzo doesn't make shit teams

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Msu hung tougher than I thought.

Okafor is just goooood.

Tyus with all the big plays

MSU has NO size down low. It'll be interesting to see Okafor actually face a team with some size.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU has NO size down low. It'll be interesting to see Okafor actually face a team with some size.

Costello did better than expected, imo. At least he got Okafor into foul trouble but it didn't stop Duke from going on a run.

Okafor will be tested in a couple of weeks at the Kohl Center.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Costello did better than expected, imo. At least he got Okafor into foul trouble but it didn't stop Duke from going on a run.

Okafor will be tested in a couple of weeks at the Kohl Center.

Okafor's good, no doubt about it.. I don't think he's anywhere near ready to bang around down low with Kentucky.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor's good, no doubt about it.. I don't think he's anywhere near ready to bang around down low with Kentucky.

No, not yet. Very few teams have bigs ready for that, maybe Texas, Wisconsin, Gonzaga, Zona....

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not yet. Very few teams have bigs ready for that, maybe Texas, Wisconsin, Gonzaga, Zona....

After seeing this game tonight though.. I think Duke can easily hang with UK. UK is long and athletic, but the shooting still isn't there... mostly tip ins keeping UK up in this one.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing this game tonight though.. I think Duke can easily hang with UK. UK is long and athletic, but the shooting still isn't there... mostly tip ins keeping UK up in this one.

Agreed. Duke will only get better as Okafor develops. Kentucky could probably get Duke by 10 points right now but in March it would be much closer.

UK's biggest advantages are their size and depth. They won't need to knock down many outside shots. I think the best way to compete with them is to run, move the ball around the perimeter, hit 3s and try to pick up a few steals. But just as soon as you run them up and down you'll also need subs to compensate for their fresh legs..."reinforcements"

I don't think there's a clear formula yet but it will take teams able to shoot the lights out to beat that army. They're big, long and deep. I don't see them losing more than a couple of games.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Duke will only get better as Okafor develops. Kentucky could probably get Duke by 10 points right now but in March it would be much closer.

UK's biggest advantages are their size and depth. They won't need to knock down many outside shots. I think the best way to compete with them is to run, move the ball around the perimeter, hit 3s and try to pick up a few steals. But just as soon as you run them up and down you'll also need subs to compensate for their fresh legs..."reinforcements"

I don't think there's a clear formula yet but it will take teams able to shoot the lights out to beat that army. They're big, long and deep. I don't see them losing more than a couple of games.

I agree. right now, UK is better than any team out there(maybe not zona??), but they might be tapped out. If the squad from last year was going to get better, I would think we would have seen it by now... but you're right, UF might be the only team in the SEC to complete and they just lost.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. right now, UK is better than any team out there(maybe not zona??), but they might be tapped out. If the squad from last year was going to get better, I would think we would have seen it by now... but you're right, UF might be the only team in the SEC to complete and they just lost.

Florida's not the same team as they were last year (I think Kansas hands them their 2nd loss next month). Maybe Arkansas could've scraped out a win if they played in Fayetteville. No, I think Kentucky runs the SEC, at this point.

Kentucky still plays Texas, UNC and Louisville OOC. Texas could potentially grind one out. UNC or Louisville would have to go off but are capable.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky is absolutely loaded.

Yes they are. Right now I have them winning it all. But we all know how things can change in an instant!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke impressed me, especially considering how early in the season it is with 3 starting freshman.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida's not the same team as they were last year (I think Kansas hands them their 2nd loss next month). Maybe Arkansas could've scraped out a win if they played in Fayetteville. No, I think Kentucky runs the SEC, at this point.

Kentucky still plays Texas, UNC and Louisville OOC. Texas could potentially grind one out. UNC or Louisville would have to go off but are capable.

Unfortunately, you're right. The SEC from top to bottom is worse than they were last year. UK might drop a game or two out of boredom, but that might be about it.