• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs vs Lakers 10/5/13 preseason

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this game in China?

Anyone going to watch this one?

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching. Game is in Ontario, CA (near LA) and is on NBATV. Starting lineup is Bogut | Lee | Barnes | Iguodala | Curry but Jackson has already said don't read anything into that. Still seems likely when the season starts, Thompson will start and Barnes will come off the bench.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I'm not the only one starving for the BBall season to start, things that stand out so far

1) Bogut looks 10-15 lbs lighter, has brought the ball up court several occasions

2) These announcers are horrible, I miss Fitz and Barnett already

3) NBA TV shows a lot of national stats, but in game stats are missing, CSN does a better job

4) Quiet game for Iggy so far, seems to be "blending in" more than anything

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tuned in to see Nedo, Seth , Douglas and some of the other new players.

Only thing I'm really hoping for is no injuries this pre season.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the only thing I'm hoping for in pre season is health

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes not looking very good, Thompson is. If I were a betting man, I'd put a lot of money on Thompson starting the season and Barnes coming off the bench.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes not looking very good, Thompson is. If I were a betting man, I'd put a lot of money on Thompson starting the season and Barnes coming off the bench.

I'm hoping it was a product of the team still working out the kinks, one thing that was disturbing was HB's lack of handles still.

Can't remember the specifics, but HB was at the top of the key and tried a cross over and immediately turned the ball over. Too early to call it a Sophomore slump, but something to keep an eye on.

The Dubs running out to 15-0 run at one point was crisp, (granted this wasn't against Top Tier talent, No Kobe, No Nash, No Gasol, if you still want to call them "top tier") but still nice nonetheless. Curry spiked that run with a nice breakaway dunk, was I the only one hoping for the 2 handed windmill he was bragging about?

Another thing that stood out to me was the fact that the DUBS got into the Bonus so early in the quarters, that had a lot to do with Nick Young fouling everyone and everyone on the court, but there were many games last year that I felt we could have driven the ball to the hole more. Iggy's team presence may have something to do with this, but the other players were making a conscious effort to get to the hole.

I watched the 7 footer Dedum, and at first I thought the Dubs traded for Durant. After watching the rook fumble the ball around and stumble around the court, reality set it. This guy is more raw than hotdogs at Safeway.

Didn't get to see Nedo make an aggressive basketball move, he seemed intent to just swing the ball around, I really want him to take a shot, or try to create for himself, but he didn't seem willing.

Good Game overall, Dubs won the 1st 3 quarters when it mattered, Lakers stole it at the end.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not at all concerned about Barnes. He had a great summer with USA Basketball and got rave reviews from the vets. He's going to do his thing this year, and one preseason game isn't going to change my opinion on that. He, along with pretty much else, coasted in this game. From what I took away from this game was that each player was really trying to define their roles and how they fit on this team. You could tell AI was out there almost a step slow trying to think things through rather than flowing naturally. When he and everyone else get on page is when the team will really thrive.

My biggest concerns came away at the 4/5 position. Bogut looked beastly on defense and the glass, but hopefully at some point in the season we might be able to use him fully in the post and not just as a passer. he'll need to get us a bucket every once in a while and that little lefty hook won't cut it.

David Lee was coasting as well, so I'm not overly concerned there. We've seen what he can do on offense it's the defense that's always a worry. Hopefully with a healthy, more mobile Bogut, Lee will be more impactful on the defensive end.

Speights has the longest way to go. He has the biggest shoes to fill with the departure of Landry. Landry, in my opinion, was a way more significant loss than Jack. Especially with Jackson saying he wants to limit Bogut and Lee's minutes this year, Speights is going to have to show some production on both ends of the court. He seemed a bit lost out there, but hopefully he can figure it out quickly. JO will be servicable, but Speights is where the production, especially on the offensive end, has to come at the 4/5 position.

Nedo was just trying to fit in rather than do much of anything. He reminded me of Jeremy Lin in his time with the Warriors when he was on the court. Everyone wants to see him do something amazing, but he was content to just bring up the ball and just simply fit in.

I think Dedmon and Jones are easy cuts. Curry2 is the only one who could contend for that last spot.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply Barnes is bad. But he's going to go through a transition period as his game changes. He was trying to be more aggressive, which is great, but there's some adjustment needed with that and he's going to struggle some until he finds the place on the fence between being aggressive and being out of control.

I also agree that Speights is troubling. I wasn't impressed with him at all and I do not think he will be able to replace Landry. We clearly could not afford to keep Landry, but I have a bad feeling we may have overpayed Speights and also given him a 3 year deal. I would have rather had someone like Ekpe Udoh, frankly, I'm not seeing the competitive fire from Speights that we are going to need for this team to make a playoff run.

Bazemore's act is also wearing thin, I still like him defensively, but his offense is a disaster, he's just all over the place with no plan and a seemingly low BBIQ (or maybe, hopefully he's still learning). His summer league exploits seem to have once again gotten him into a "I can jack it from anywhere at anytime and clown these fools" mindset that is just not translating versus actual NBA competition (and let's not forget, we were basically looking at the Lakers' second or third teams).