• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs vs Grizz 12/7/13

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs need a bounce back game badly, since the birth of his son, ZBO hasn't been the same, I have in my fantasy bball team, so I can attest to that.

Starters got plenty of rest last night, so they should be fresh. It was nice to see Baze show he can play in garbage time, can he do that in important games on a regular basis?

Douglas needs to be come back soon, he's defense is sorely missed.

D.Lee needs to return to the WCW caliber player we saw most of last season.

DUBS squeeze this out 98-93?

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to the game: show up to play, and I don't mean in the second half. When are these guys going to play a full 4 quarters of basketball?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to the game: show up to play, and I don't mean in the second half. When are these guys going to play a full 4 quarters of basketball?
It all starts at the point. Steph has to set the tone early by valuing possession and taking quality shots, neither of which he did for much of last night's game. Also, there was too much iso for Barnes early on. Warriors need to start with movement, with their one post-up threat being Lee.

A bounce-back win would do much for the team's confidence right now, let alone their need for victories in a Western Conference featuring just three teams under .500. They need to prove that they are able to cope with injury just like most top teams do. They may be without Iggy, but the Grizzlies won't have Gasol. A little more concentration combined with a better shooting performance would likely see them winning tonight.

Go Dubs!!!

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t2atSS4LkI]Stephen Curry's Magical 2013 Season ?? - YouTube[/ame]

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is who Stephen Curry is going to be matched up against tonight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnxNGYC3Ahg]Michael Conley - I am not a ballhandler. - YouTube[/ame]

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shot chart analysis shows no weaknesses.

There's no question Curry has his work cut out for him tonight.

"Find your inner Ali."

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as the DUbs have been recently, they still have 2 more wins than the Grizz, I still like our chances.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't seen the Grizzlies play without Gasol et, but I can't imagine they're anything close to the same team. Memphis' absolutely most important player both offensively and defensively is Gasol - they run the offense through him at the high post, and obviously he's a defensive star.

I want to see David Lee guard Zach Randolph exactly zero times during this game. When Randolph's in the game, Bogut or O'Neal needs to guard him, because he has historically destroyed the Warriors by just posting up and backing down Lee - he won't be able to do that. If we take that away from the Grizzlies by putting Bogut/O'Neal on him, suddenly the Grizzlies are down to their third option (because Gasol is gone), and I'd like our chances. Yeah, Koufos has a size advantage on Lee, but I doubt Memphis really wants to be counting on Koufos to win the game for them.

On offense - ball movement. Ball movement. Ball movement.

Movement off the ball. Movement off the ball. Movement off the ball.

Memphis is elite defensively (despite the statistics saying to the contrary this year), but if the Warriors move the ball, and move without the ball, they will get open shots. Then it's just a matter of making them.

Despite the horrid record we have against Memphis, and being on the back of a back-to-back, I actually see the Warriors winning this game. Bogut and Lee only played 40 minutes between them, and Curry only played 32. (Thompson 35, Barnes 36 minutes.) They might be a little tired, but I doubt it'll be too bad. And Without Gasol, Memphis must be a different team than we're used to seeing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are still fun to watch. I hope they get Iguodala back soon so they can compete with the better teams.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
men in the studio had it right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvXjnkdnEwo][NBAD] Andrew Bogut- The Anchor Of The Warriors (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play of the night is right... I'm getting ordered to replay that one after she was talking trash about Bogut's cockiness.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, who are these Dubs players and where have them been the last 5-6 games?

I love the energy tonight, and like Fitz and JB say, Gasol not being on the floor help us tons.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As did I Rick Bucher. "some venom tonight." Speaking of Klay Thomson, feed the hot hand.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JB I'm right with you on the turning and shooting by Klay Thompson over smaller defenders.

End of one Dubs up 10 without Steph Curry having to shoot or defend anyone.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As did I Rick Bucher. "some venom tonight." Speaking of Klay Thomson, feed the hot hand.

Klay has been hot, but one thing I wish he didn't so much of is his Dirk Impression.

No reason for Klay to turn his back to the basketball, go off 1 foot and try a fadeaway he has size over most folks guarding him, go into the triple threat, and go straight up.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we call that Steph taking control of the game? He didn't take a shot in the 1st quarter and DUbs still up 10 points, when was the last time we had that happen?

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I jinx this, I hope the Dubs keep pushing the lead, the starters can get more rest, and we can run the Nedo, Baze, and the reserves out there to close the game.

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations are in order.

Stephen Curry just became the #1 three point maker in Golden State Warriors history!

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does someone out there have the gusto to make the 701 video?