• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 11/9 Dubs @ Grizz

MullinsMagic421

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My actual first glance at the schedule this season produced a 72-10 record, tying the all time Chicago Bulls record. It shocked the hell out of me too. 60+W's is what I settled on. I

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure we can judge the Warriors by this blowout loss. It was the last of 4 games in 6 days on the road and was the tail end of back-to-back games. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat on the trip and lost to the ones they were supposed to lose to.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they stay healthy, somewhere between 45 and 50 wins.

Hahahaha no way they win 45 games if healthy. More like 50-60 if healthy this team is to good to win 45. No way they get worse with igoudala on this team. He was Denver's best player that won 57 games. Hes warriors 2nd best player on this team. With a better starting lineup than Denver had

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team finishes top 10 offense and defense they will win atleast 55+ games! Last year only 4 teams did that. Miami,OKC, spurs, and clippers. Denver was just short of doing it. 5th in offense and 11th in defense. But the lowest win total out of those teams were 56 games. And I'm pretty confident warriors will finish top 10 in offensive efficiency and if I'm pretty comfortable with a 4th-7th finish in defensive effciency. I wouldn't be shocked if they finish top 3. If that happens this team will win 55+ games bank on it!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha no way they win 45 games if healthy. More like 50-60 if healthy this team is to good to win 45. No way they get worse with igoudala on this team. He was Denver's best player that won 57 games. Hes warriors 2nd best player on this team. With a better starting lineup than Denver had

You think they will play .700 ball? Man, I don't know.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say more likely 50-57 but still though 45 is where Minnesota or Dallas will be

If they hit 57 wins and reach a .700 winning percentage I will be thrilled. That is a mighty tall order though considering the conference they play in and the lack of depth on the team. I could see 50 though.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only pick them for 52-53, although they are underperforming that mark right now, on pace for only 46-47 wins. 50+ should be the absolute minimum goal for this team, assuming decent health of course. If the Warriors continue trouncing sub-par competition and can knock off some of the elite teams (at least at home, they struggle on the road so far), that shouldn't be a problem.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only pick them for 52-53, although they are underperforming that mark right now, on pace for only 46-47 wins. 50+ should be the absolute minimum goal for this team, assuming decent health of course. If the Warriors continue trouncing sub-par competition and can knock off some of the elite teams (at least at home, they struggle on the road so far), that shouldn't be a problem.

Mark Jackson didn't like the idea of aiming for a number. I think warriors put 55 as a goal and he didn't like that

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hit 57 wins and reach a .700 winning percentage I will be thrilled. That is a mighty tall order though considering the conference they play in and the lack of depth on the team. I could see 50 though.

Like I said iggy was Denver's best player last year and won 57 games he's not even the best on this team!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news is we have to play both Memphis and the Clippers on the back end of back to backs yet again this season, but who cares Grandma's Boy starts at 8 tune in

But the good news is that, Thursday, the national game on TNT is Warriors vs. Thunder at Oracle. That game should tell us a little bit about where the Warriors are at as far as comparing to the best teams.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said iggy was Denver's best player last year and won 57 games he's not even the best on this team!

Not sure I follow the logic there but O.K.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the good news is that, Thursday, the national game on TNT is Warriors vs. Thunder at Oracle. That game should tell us a little bit about where the Warriors are at as far as comparing to the best teams.

Indeed it will. I'm not counting my chickens

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson didn't like the idea of aiming for a number. I think warriors put 55 as a goal and he didn't like that

Sure, and if I were a coach, I wouldn't want my players putting a goal on the number of wins either, unless that number is 82. That should always be the goal. But it's fine for outside observers or fans to set goals, and I think 50 should be the minimum for this particular team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed it will. I'm not counting my chickens

The one disconcerting thing with the Warriors so far this season is that every good team they've played has beaten them, the Warriors have only beaten the weaker teams.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one disconcerting thing with the Warriors so far this season is that every good team they've played has beaten them, the Warriors have only beaten the weaker teams.

They were on back to backs and one in San Antonio was very winnable if steph was healthy. Minnesota is a good team I have them as the 7th seed

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were on back to backs and one in San Antonio was very winnable if steph was healthy. Minnesota is a good team I have them as the 7th seed

They panicked at the end of the San Antonio game as they often do when playing a close game against a good team but I don't worry too much about the Spurs loss, they could have won that game if one more shot goes in or they get one more turnover. Even the game against the Grizzlies was the last of 4 games in 6 days on the road and the back end of a back to back. I want to see what they do against Detroit and OKC at home and rested.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They panicked at the end of the San Antonio game as they often do when playing a close game against a good team but I don't worry too much about the Spurs loss, they could have won that game if one more shot goes in or they get one more turnover. Even the game against the Grizzlies was the last of 4 games in 6 days on the road and the back end of a back to back. I want to see what they do against Detroit and OKC at home and rested.

There was some poor decision making towards the end, a la Bogut making one or two head scratching passes. All of the rebounds were going to the Spurs, otherwise the Warriors could have won that game.

The Grizzlies, albeit on the end of a back to back, worry me just because they play the Warriors hard and play them tough. Gasol is a better center than Bogut and Randolph gives Lee fits. I'm not convinced the Warriors can hang with them but we'll see how things turnaround.