• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Dubs @ POR 11/2/14

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs on a B2B, not expecting much tonight.

I hope the game is competitive, but I'd expect POR to take this one.

Not sure if D.Lee is going to play tonight, I'd expect the rooks to get heavy run in this game.

Dubs keep it close until the 4th and then Lilldard/LA takes over for POR, we lose 98-105?

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs on a B2B, not expecting much tonight.

I hope the game is competitive, but I'd expect POR to take this one.

Not sure if D.Lee is going to play tonight, I'd expect the rooks to get heavy run in this game.

Dubs keep it close until the 4th and then Lilldard/LA takes over for POR, we lose 98-105?
Ah, ye of little faith! Warriors literally steal one down the stretch.

Is there anyone that still would have wanted to deal Klay for Love?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's early yet but CLEARLY it was the right call to keep him. He looks like a legit allstar next to Curry, so Love not needed.

Curry has also shown very good defense so far, his only real weakness.

Maybe the 538 guys picking the Ws first in the West were onto something...still very early but with OKC injured, no one is the obvious pick in the West. I could see SA, Houston, Clippers, Ws, even OKC in it, but the Ws are among them now.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I still have no idea how the DUbs stole that one. Aldridge was unstoppable, Matthews was hitting his shots, Lillard seemed to be bothered by Bogut. Bogut and the defense was the difference in this game.

Klay's monster right handed hammer around Lopez was EPIC. Love to see Klay show the emotion there.
(see what I did there? Love 2 see KLay :rollseyes: ) I still don't think the DUbs should have done the deal, we would have given too much. And just like the Giants proved this year, you can't discount Chemistry. Dubs have that, 3 games into it anyway.

Things we need to work on? 2nd unit cohesion. Too trips Barbosa was jacking up shots like there was no one else on the court. Too many quick 3 point shots, what happened to our "Princeton style" offense?

Can't gripe too much, Dubs won the game, I'm very excited to see where this team can go this year. Can't wait for Wed vs FLop City.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another excellent performance by the Dubs. I'm liking this.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early yet but CLEARLY it was the right call to keep him. He looks like a legit allstar next to Curry, so Love not needed.

Curry has also shown very good defense so far, his only real weakness.

Maybe the 538 guys picking the Ws first in the West were onto something...still very early but with OKC injured, no one is the obvious pick in the West. I could see SA, Houston, Clippers, Ws, even OKC in it, but the Ws are among them now.

Adrian woj had us winning the west also along with marc spears

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I still have no idea how the DUbs stole that one. Aldridge was unstoppable, Matthews was hitting his shots, Lillard seemed to be bothered by Bogut. Bogut and the defense was the difference in this game.

Klay's monster right handed hammer around Lopez was EPIC. Love to see Klay show the emotion there.
(see what I did there? Love 2 see KLay :rollseyes: ) I still don't think the DUbs should have done the deal, we would have given too much. And just like the Giants proved this year, you can't discount Chemistry. Dubs have that, 3 games into it anyway.

Things we need to work on? 2nd unit cohesion. Too trips Barbosa was jacking up shots like there was no one else on the court. Too many quick 3 point shots, what happened to our "Princeton style" offense?

Can't gripe too much, Dubs won the game, I'm very excited to see where this team can go this year. Can't wait for Wed vs FLop City.
As Klay said after the game, not only being on Team USA with all its talent but being a significant player as well boosted his game and his confidence to new heights,

To compete among the elite, you need balance and depth, and it would appear that the Dubs have both. When Livingston gets back to full health and form, the second unit would be among the league's best. In the interest of greater balance in both the first and second unit, I think Lee should come off the bench along with Iggy. I like the way Green balances out the starters, and adding Lee to the subs gives them a real scoring option with plenty of defense to spare with Ezili and the rest.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a big part of the second group cohesion is that the offense we run requires a lot from the bigs. Bogut, Lee and Green are all guys who can handle, have vision and passing abilities. When the second unit comes on the floor, the ball dies a bit because neither Speights nor Ezeli can handle the responsibilities for running the high post offense. When Lee comes back, it'll push Draymond back to the second unit and the ball can run through him.

The ball dies currently with the second unit also because Livingston is going to take a while to shake the rust off and get back into playing shape. He's making some errors which are understandable when you miss the entire training camp due to injury. He's a step slow in all his cuts and it hurts the continuity of the offense.

Once we get healthy, I think we'll see a lot better production from the second unit. I think it just shows that with our new offense, it's supremely important that health be on our side come playoff time.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard draymond green say the teams goal is to win 58 games. That would be awesome

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone make Bogut give the ball up to Curry in the backcourt, and also have the two of them learn how to pass it to one another once Bogut has picked up the ball in the front court? This went on all last year and it hasn't changed this year. There is just no reason for Bogut to bring the ball up the court. Like a big man should, after he gets the rebound, he needs to quickly get it out to the guards. Uggh!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone make Bogut give the ball up to Curry in the backcourt, and also have the two of them learn how to pass it to one another once Bogut has picked up the ball in the front court? This went on all last year and it hasn't changed this year. There is just no reason for Bogut to bring the ball up the court. Like a big man should, after he gets the rebound, he needs to quickly get it out to the guards. Uggh!

Bogut is certainly better than the alternatives on the squad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut is certainly better than the alternatives on the squad.

Sure he is, but someone needs to tell him he's not a guard and he and Curry need to get this silly little thing where Bogut is trying to get the ball to Curry in the frontcourt and Curry literally runs circles around Bogut in an effort to try and get the ball from him. Simple communication is all that's needed. They eat up the 24 second clock playing this silly game.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he is, but someone needs to tell him he's not a guard and he and Curry need to get this silly little thing where Bogut is trying to get the ball to Curry in the frontcourt and Curry literally runs circles around Bogut in an effort to try and get the ball from him. Simple communication is all that's needed. They eat up the 24 second clock playing this silly game.

If Bogut has the ability to get it up court, I don't mind. He's not turning it over, and I don't see the team running into shot clock issues.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kerr has emphasized the team getting out and running as much as possible. With having bigs like Lee, Bogut and Green who can all handle, they will be pushing the ball up the court 2-3 times a game.

Also you can't help the hand-offs when they're not working. It's not something you want to force either because a steal that high up would result in fast break points for the opposition. The Warriors are still learning the offensive system and there will eventually be much more fluidity as the season progresses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bogut has the ability to get it up court, I don't mind. He's not turning it over, and I don't see the team running into shot clock issues.

Bogut is not doing anything positive by dribbling the ball up court. It only creates this congested situation where he then has to get the ball to Curry or someone else to run the offense. This is why the point guard or other good ball handler usually brings the ball up court.

Maybe Bogut should bring the ball up the court all the time. I guess if you don't see any problems happening, he should continue doing it and maybe even do it more. Maybe other teams will begin to do this too......like a new trend that has no possible positive possibilities associated with it????????? Nah!!!!!!!!!!!

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut is not doing anything positive by dribbling the ball up court. It only creates this congested situation where he then has to get the ball to Curry or someone else to run the offense. This is why the point guard or other good ball handler usually brings the ball up court.

Maybe Bogut should bring the ball up the court all the time. I guess if you don't see any problems happening, he should continue doing it and maybe even do it more. Maybe other teams will begin to do this too......like a new trend that has no possible positive possibilities associated with it????????? Nah!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure what you're going on about here. From Nellie to Kerr, Warrior coaches have encouraged their big men with handling skills to get the ball into the front court quickly. Absent Curry running up and demanding the ball, I imagine that Bogut, Lee and Green all have permission to push the ball up when the opportunity arises. Frankly, I worry more about Lee on the fly than I do Bogut.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what you're going on about here. From Nellie to Kerr, Warrior coaches have encouraged their big men with handling skills to get the ball into the front court quickly. Absent Curry running up and demanding the ball, I imagine that Bogut, Lee and Green all have permission to push the ball up when the opportunity arises. Frankly, I worry more about Lee on the fly than I do Bogut.

If Bogut could correctly handle the issue of then getting the ball to Curry, that would be fine. Also, it's not like Bogut is on a fast break leading the team like it could happen with some of the others. These are situations when Bogot gets the rebound, and maybe Curry doesn't do a good enough job of shaking his man so that he can get the ball to bring it up the court. Maybe it's because Curry was not a point guard in college, so it wasn't his responsibility to do what PGs do so that they can bring the ball up court. It doesn't seem to take too much of a concerted effort on the part of the opposing team to make Curry give up on getting the ball in the back court, and then the two of them are faced with having to make this funky exchange once Bogut reaches the top of the key. It happens about twice a game. I know that others have noticed the awkwardness of it, maybe you haven't.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bogut could correctly handle the issue of then getting the ball to Curry, that would be fine. Also, it's not like Bogut is on a fast break leading the team like it could happen with some of the others. These are situations when Bogot gets the rebound, and maybe Curry doesn't do a good enough job of shaking his man so that he can get the ball to bring it up the court. Maybe it's because Curry was not a point guard in college, so it wasn't his responsibility to do what PGs do so that they can bring the ball up court. It doesn't seem to take too much of a concerted effort on the part of the opposing team to make Curry give up on getting the ball in the back court, and then the two of them are faced with having to make this funky exchange once Bogut reaches the top of the key. It happens about twice a game. I know that others have noticed the awkwardness of it, maybe you haven't.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. Bogut isn't an issue, he has above average handles for a big man. By bringing up the ball, Bogut and others allows Steph to relax a little and not shoulder %75-&90 of the ball handling on a nightly basis. This keeps Steph fresher through out the game, and play better defense.

3 games into the year, Dubs are 3-0 and lead the league in point differential (15.4) at this moment.

Kerr has said many times this year, Bogut will be a focal point in the offense. He has already hit many back door cutters for wide open looks.

I would be more worried about AI#9, HB, and the other non starters on the bench being more efficient, but those are small issues. Dubs are winning.

As Jeff Kent would say "Enjoy the game folks.."