• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs and Sixers

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game is won but the second unit is very sloppy.

Yep. I believe I wrote in another thread that the bench worries me. Very young. Of course, this is what to expect when you have ALL of the bench players on the court together at the same time.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I believe I wrote in another thread that the bench worries me. Very young. Of course, this is what to expect when you have ALL of the bench players on the court together at the same time.

Bench will the fine, once HB comes back that is.

Nedo actually got his first NBA points, but this guy really needs 1-2 years down in the Dleague to work on fundamentals.

Kuzmic impressed me, he's another large body, who seems to be able to play straight up defense without a secondary defender rotating over.

Dubs played great. Starters ran the 1st 3 quarters and blew the 76ers out of the gym. Reserves played the entire 4th quarter, and basically went into "prevent defense mode" and milked the clock to the 0:00.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, and that shouldn't happen unless the game is a blowout. They should be OK.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench will the fine, once HB comes back that is.

Nedo actually got his first NBA points, but this guy really needs 1-2 years down in the Dleague to work on fundamentals.

Kuzmic impressed me, he's another large body, who seems to be able to play straight up defense without a secondary defender rotating over.

Dubs played great. Starters ran the 1st 3 quarters and blew the 76ers out of the gym. Reserves played the entire 4th quarter, and basically went into "prevent defense mode" and milked the clock to the 0:00.

What happened to Speights? I didn't see him tonight.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Dubs dominating teams they should beat. I'll be very interested to see what happens when they go to San Antonio and Memphis later in the week. Not sure if back to back games against those two teams at the end of a long trip will give us an accurate assessment though. The Dubs may be tired.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Speights? I didn't see him tonight.

Lots of mental mistakes and lazy play, especially the breakaway foul. I don't miss Jack, but I miss Landry. I'm hoping Barnes can take a few minutes at the 4.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of mental mistakes and lazy play, especially the breakaway foul. I don't miss Jack, but I miss Landry. I'm hoping Barnes can take a few minutes at the 4.

This x100000

I was honestly excited when the Warriors signed Speights. Watching him play now, I have to put the remote on the other couch for fear I will throw it at the TV. This guy is like the 6'10" jump shooting version of Corey Maggette. Every time he touches the ball, it's going up. And on defense, he's got the matador move down to a science.

I've said before that the biggest off season loss was Landry. I have a feeling that the second string unit will go small once Barnes is back. When Ezeli comes back, I could even see JO taking Speights minutes as well. The guy needs to learn that 21 ft. 2 pointers on a team full of shooters, probably isn't the best thing to do.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This x100000

I was honestly excited when the Warriors signed Speights. Watching him play now, I have to put the remote on the other couch for fear I will throw it at the TV. This guy is like the 6'10" jump shooting version of Corey Maggette. Every time he touches the ball, it's going up. And on defense, he's got the matador move down to a science.

I've said before that the biggest off season loss was Landry. I have a feeling that the second string unit will go small once Barnes is back. When Ezeli comes back, I could even see JO taking Speights minutes as well. The guy needs to learn that 21 ft. 2 pointers on a team full of shooters, probably isn't the best thing to do.[/QUOTE]

It would be one thing if he was making them; its quite another since he's missing them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One small ctriticism of the Warriors'performance, they gave up 14 offensive rebounds again last night.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One small ctriticism of the Warriors'performance, they gave up 14 offensive rebounds again last night.

True, but how many of those were from the bench, playing without a true center? Part of the problem with all these blowout games is the box score can be deceptive, or at least ambiguous. Assuming you agree that the "garbage crew" stats are not as important as the starter stats...

It does seem to me that Bogut has not been quite the force on the offensive boards as he was late last year (so far), while David Lee has been pretty good. Then again, Lee rebounds a lot of his own misses.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Err..A healthy Bogut/ Slim Shady D.Lee /D.Green's emergence/JO/Speights > Mr 10000x pumpfakes in my opinion .

I think Landry was great last year, but Dubs are 3-1 currently and are basically running teams (not named Flop City) out of the gym so far.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree NBK. I've actually liked Speights game and I have been surprised at how good his shooting has been. His defense has been ok and I've noticed his rotations on D have been really good as well.