• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dubs aggresively trying to Dump Salary

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN

Sounds like they are chasing the pot at the end of the rainbow, worst case scenario we dump Bogut + a draft pick for nothing, and D12 doesn't sign here.

Myers has to be smart enough not to fall for this right?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per ESPN

Sounds like they are chasing the pot at the end of the rainbow, worst case scenario we dump Bogut + a draft pick for nothing, and D12 doesn't sign here.

Myers has to be smart enough not to fall for this right?

Yes. Although I think we have till july 10th to dump salary. Correct me if im wrong.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes. Although I think we have till july 10th to dump salary. Correct me if im wrong.

I saw something earlier today saying the Dwight will probably decide tomorrow (Friday) where he's going.

No trades or free agent signings become official until 7/10. But if Dwight comes out and says he's coming to the Warriors, if we're able to keep the core intact (which is probably what he'd communicate - he doesn't want to be here if we have to gut our team via sign-and-trade), we would have a few days to dump the necessary salary.

Note that there was a tweet earlier tonight from Peter Vecsey (who has a bit of a spotty record) saying the Warriors already have teams lined up to take Bogut, Biedrins, and Jefferson if necessary. I'm sure we won't pull the trigger on any of those until we hear from Howard saying that he wants to be here.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something earlier today saying the Dwight will probably decide tomorrow (Friday) where he's going.

No trades or free agent signings become official until 7/10. But if Dwight comes out and says he's coming to the Warriors, if we're able to keep the core intact (which is probably what he'd communicate - he doesn't want to be here if we have to gut our team via sign-and-trade), we would have a few days to dump the necessary salary.

Note that there was a tweet earlier tonight from Peter Vecsey (who has a bit of a spotty record) saying the Warriors already have teams lined up to take Bogut, Biedrins, and Jefferson if necessary. I'm sure we won't pull the trigger on any of those until we hear from Howard saying that he wants to be here.

Yep. This is getting interesting.

Vescey: "From what I'm told, should Howard decide on GST, & LA is unwilling 2 sign-trade, it has teams willing 2 assume salaries of AB, Biedrins & RJ"

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peter Vesceys report is correct then we will do the trades after of course

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting turn of events. Howard would make them legit for sure.

If Dwight signs with Houston, I think the Warriors should try to get Asik from them. Bogut is absolutely vital to their playoff success, but he can't be relied upon due to his health. I think they need to move him and pick up a younger, healthier 5 either way.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting turn of events. Howard would make them legit for sure.

If Dwight signs with Houston, I think the Warriors should try to get Asik from them. Bogut is absolutely vital to their playoff success, but he can't be relied upon due to his health. I think they need to move him and pick up a younger, healthier 5 either way.

I like Asik as a second option

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting, if Howard chooses the Warriors, if the organization is actually able to "dump salary". I wonder if this might be a smoke screen. As in, "Lakers, we DON'T need you to get Howard. If we DO trade with you, then, we aren't desperate. So don't expect us to include Barnes any possible deal."

Pulling off trades for Beans and Jefferson would appear to be very difficult. Once again we see the choice to not amnesty Biedrins coming back to bite us in the ass.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would really be shocked, if teams were lining up for La Tax or RJ.

I wonder if JKidd got into his owner's office and asked for a trade for RJ? After trading for KG/PP, I don't see the cap room available up there for the Nets, but when your owner has Billons to spend anythings possible?

What is the real market for La Tax? He would have to go to an very offensively talent team who just needs a 6'9" guy to stand underneath the basket, rebound and play the occasional D, Al Jefferson already signed with Bobcats.

Bogut has been the best Center we've had since the Ghost of Ron Seikaly? If the are going to ship him out, I with you, I hope we have more than a hunch that D12 is headed this way.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Couple things......

Anybody who takes on Biedrins or Jefferson is going to get additional assets from the Warriors to take them, i.e. draft picks, and/or guys like Green, Ezeli, Nedovic, Rush, etc..... Teams will want incentive to take on those contracts for guys who they expect won't hit the court.

Bogut is a different story, we can actually get assets back for a very productive (although fragile) center who is on an expiring contract. His performance last year and in the playoffs shows that he's a difference maker.

We also won't offer Iggy a maximum contract. (I don't think we go after him unless we strike out on Howard - would be really hard to end up with both of them.) I could see us doing something like off-loading Jefferson, Biedrins, Rush, and at least one #1 pick to clear approximately $13M of space, and then signing him to a deal similar to what he turned down in Sacramento (i.e. something like 4 years and $55M). Note that to do that, we would have to renounce Jack, Machado, and Dwayne Jones (we hardly knew you). That would give us the most wicked wing group in the league in Thompson, Barnes, and Iguodala.

Note that I'm not an advocate of this path with Iguodala for 2 reasons - I think we'd be over-paying him at that level considering his age / game relying on so much athleticism; and I wouldn't want to eliminate our option of bringing back Jack purely to load up on the wings.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple things......

Anybody who takes on Biedrins or Jefferson is going to get additional assets from the Warriors to take them, i.e. draft picks, and/or guys like Green, Ezeli, Nedovic, Rush, etc..... Teams will want incentive to take on those contracts for guys who they expect won't hit the court.

Bogut is a different story, we can actually get assets back for a very productive (although fragile) center who is on an expiring contract. His performance last year and in the playoffs shows that he's a difference maker.

We also won't offer Iggy a maximum contract. (I don't think we go after him unless we strike out on Howard - would be really hard to end up with both of them.) I could see us doing something like off-loading Jefferson, Biedrins, Rush, and at least one #1 pick to clear approximately $13M of space, and then signing him to a deal similar to what he turned down in Sacramento (i.e. something like 4 years and $55M). Note that to do that, we would have to renounce Jack, Machado, and Dwayne Jones (we hardly knew you). That would give us the most wicked wing group in the league in Thompson, Barnes, and Iguodala.

Note that I'm not an advocate of this path with Iguodala for 2 reasons - I think we'd be over-paying him at that level considering his age / game relying on so much athleticism; and I wouldn't want to eliminate our option of bringing back Jack purely to load up on the wings.

Well put, but if we strike out on Howard (which I still believe we will btw and please Myers, DO NOT TRADE BARNES), I wouldn't mind Iggy here - although Klay developed as a defender against PG's, he still has issues against SG's. Also, relying on Draymond Green to lock down players in key situations of the game will cost us offensively because Green has yet to develop a consistent offensive game. Iggy would provide that solid defender while also having offensive upside over Green. Yep, he would be overpaid, but if the Warriors are this tenacious in dumping salary, then they could clear some space and possibly get Iggy in the mix.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RJ, La Tax, Rush all deadweight from last year, basically in exchange for Iggy?

i'm not a Iggy fan, but Dayyuumm, I love it already, I'll happily drive that caravan to UTA

Could D12 be on his way?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could. We give the best supporting cast of his options now with Iggy on board. So it comes down to money. Which is more important to him?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, let's see..... a few hours ago I suggested that the Warriors could trade Biedrins, Jefferson, Rush, and at least one #1 pick to sign Iguodala.

Not going to say I called that.

4 years, $48M....... A little more than I wanted, but it's borderline. Not the 4 years, $55M I suggested as too much.

Seeming that we aren't going to get Howard now (based on breaking news he's going to Houston) - we are going to kill a bunch of teams when we go small-ball with Curry, Klay, Iggy, and Barnes on the court at the same time. Wow, that's going to be scary.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could. We give the best supporting cast of his options now with Iggy on board. So it comes down to money. Which is more important to him?

Apparently he choose $$$, No Tax down in HOU right?

I still like our team, we need a back up Point, and back up PF.

Tyrus Thomas was released from CHA, time to take a flyer on him? He could be had on the cheap.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's see..... a few hours ago I suggested that the Warriors could trade Biedrins, Jefferson, Rush, and at least one #1 pick to sign Iguodala.

Not going to say I called that.

4 years, $48M....... A little more than I wanted, but it's borderline. Not the 4 years, $55M I suggested as too much.

Seeming that we aren't going to get Howard now (based on breaking news he's going to Houston) - we are going to kill a bunch of teams when we go small-ball with Curry, Klay, Iggy, and Barnes on the court at the same time. Wow, that's going to be scary.

Assuming we grab a decent backup PG and PF before the beginning of next season, where does this team rank?

Houston San Antonio Oklahoma Clips...then Dubs?

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Apparently he choose $$$, No Tax down in HOU right?

I still like our team, we need a back up Point, and back up PF.

Tyrus Thomas was released from CHA, time to take a flyer on him? He could be had on the cheap.

Brandan Wright is a MUCH better option. Thomas doesn't fit the mental profile of the Warriors at this point (among other things).....