• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DT about to be a Texan

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it was a good trade for us and I’m glad he went to a team like the Texans. I’ve been keeping tabs on them in their 5 game streak and I hope they keep it up, with the obvious exception of this week against the Broncos.

Sad to see him go too. We all knew it was coming but it’s still a little sad. He was a huge part of 2 Super Bowl runs and the OT catch against the Steelers was one of the most exciting plays for the Broncos in years!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there supposed to be an official "appreciation thread" for DT? I'm feeling cheated (for him).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there supposed to be an official "appreciation thread" for DT? I'm feeling cheated (for him).

I feel like this one might qualify, but you can make your first one if you want.

I don't think this is a good trade for us, but I don't think there was a good end to resolution of getting rid of DT. We don't win! But we really had to probably do it.

He falls under that sad to see go.. You start thinking back to all the memories of him as Bronco because he was such a good person and player.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this one might qualify, but you can make your first one if you want.

I don't think this is a good trade for us, but I don't think there was a good end to resolution of getting rid of DT. We don't win! But we really had to probably do it.

He falls under that sad to see go.. You start thinking back to all the memories of him as Bronco because he was such a good person and player.

I agree totally.

When a team is in the somewhat sad state that the Broncos are currently in, It really sucks to deep-6 someone who truly, genuinely and intrinsically wants to be a Bronco forever. DT was the good shit.

I can see why it happened, but I don't like it or anything.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I complete agree that it is sad to see him leave.

The only other option would have been to wait until the offseason and and try to extend and restructure him down to a much smaller cap number. Not sure that is fair to DT though. If the Texans cut him at the end of the year we will have that option if we choose to go that route. Based on what Elway said in his press conference it sounds like he closed the book on DT until he retires and then a 1 day contract is likely. DT is a ring a famer member without a doubt IMHO.

The fact of the matter is Sutton was going to replace DT as a starter at some point and DT is for to good still to be a backup.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not up on the cap and salaries and all that, but I just saw this:

By trading for Thomas, Houston assumes the remainder of his $4 million contract this year. If the Broncos don’t use that money this season, it will roll over into next year’s salary cap.

In addition, Thomas was scheduled to have a $14 million cap hit in 2019. By trading him, the Broncos could have an additional $18 million in cap space next season.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I can add much to this thread that hasn't already been said. DT will always be a Bronco and one of my favorite players. I understand and agree with the Broncos decision. It's the business of football. Can't wait to see Sutton and Hamilton with more reps. Should be fun!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I going to look at it as a win because cutting him would have been money lost.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a lot like the TJ Ward thing, getting rid of a fan favorite because they've clearly lost a step and you have the people to replace him even though it’s not the fan friendly thing to do it’s the right business decision .

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ was one of my favorite players even before he came to Denver.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a tip of the cap, handshake, autograph request, selfie, and whatever else can be done.

One of the classiest pros in the game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The love DT got from fans and olayers before and after this game was really neat.

The honor before the game in and out of the stadium.

Courtland Sutton walking in with and leaving the game in a DT jersey.

DT sprinting off the field right as the game ended.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been told by several good sources dating back to when we won the SB that people do not like working for or with the best QB to ever live.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been told by several good sources dating back to when we won the SB that people do not like working for or with the best QB to ever live.

ok, edit

I get it now

lol

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the way John Elway has handled or shown the door to any one player

It's not as if TJ Ward set the Bucs on fire when he went there

What exactly did Julius Thomas do after he left Denver ?

Malik Jackson was due too much money

We can talk about Wade Phillips, but sometimes we tend to remember all the good that happened - the last season in which Wade and Kubiak were here, we didn;t make the playoffs ...

Talib, like Champ, these guys don;t last forever

The problem with Elway, IMHO, is not his handling of vet players ... it's his decision making as far as the draft and QBs

I don;t know these people personally - but Thomas' habit of taking himself out of games, playing soft considering his size and tenure, his babbling now to the media - none of this seems as if it would be a good match for Elway and John's personality ... If you are going to be a Denver Bronco and get along with John Elway, you're going to need to balls ..

I've got no problem with that

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am starting to think this is the problem. The more of these stories that surface the less players and/or coaches want to come to Denver. This has me believing it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is an A-Type personality. A-Type personalities like other A-Type personalities, Thomas is like a C-Type personality and was starting to show he wasn't worth the money he was being paid. I don't blame them for not making him a team captain, you want your TC to be leaders and DT wasn't really a leader, the only thing he had going for him was that he wasn't a distraction either.

People like Manning, Sanders, Talib, TJ Ward(his was straight a business decision because he couldn't stay healthy and his play went downhill fast), Wolfe, PacMan, Harris Jr, etc are leaders and A-Type personalities. People like Thomas, Lynch, Siemian, Keenum, Marshall, Roby, etc are not and can't carry a team.

You tell a rookie that DT is one your most valued players and they should learn from him only to see him drop 4 passes a game and give up on certain routes and they're gonna think you're a joke.

Last edited:

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas added that he took offense to being asked to give up snaps to rookie DaeSean Hamilton.

"My receiver coach came to me and said -- he could've said this to either Courtland (Sutton) or Emmanuel (Sanders), but he came to me and said it -- he said, 'I want to get DaeSean in the game more than one rep. I want to get him going 4 to 6 plays of reps.'

"I'm like, 'Bro, I've been here nine years and you ask me besides anybody else?' I'm like, 'That's so disrespectful to me, because I've put so much into this game, but you want me to come out for a rookie.'

You've gotta be kidding me

God forbid we try to get our rookie WR 4 to 6 reps

What a pussy ..