• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dry Island

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol If someone offered me a contract that was potentially worth millions to bust my ass for only 8 months out of the year and during that period I'd have to "dry up" for the cause for a lousy month or two or three, I'd be all over that shit.

Hell.....anybody would, right??

oops..

Adios Mike and Jeff. Take care - it's been great.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol If someone offered me a contract that was potentially worth millions to bust my ass for only 8 months out of the year and during that period I'd have to "dry up" for the cause for a lousy month or two or three, I'd be all over that shit.

Hell.....anybody would, right??

oops..

Adios Mike and Jeff. Take care - it's been great.

lol :drink: :dance:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hereby pledge to only post under the influence of Coffee or diet pepsi...and save my "lubricated" postings for other locations.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the more I look into this, the more I realize how necessary it was to trade away both Richie and Carter.

Our team slumped BIG TIME late last season. By my count, we lost 14 of our last 21 games. Now a lot of those losses were not in regulation, but that is still a ridiculous number of them, especially when you consider that 13 of the games were against teams that didn't sniff the playoffs. We're talking nearly a 70% rate of losing down the stretch and against by all means lesser opponents. That's completely unacceptable for a team that is supposed to contend every year. We probably deserved to slip to 5th in the standings, but luckily held onto 2nd by next to nothing. Had we slipped to 4th or 5th, we weren't making it out of round 1.

The point is that a stacked team depth-wise is supposed to stay competitive against all odds or something is seriously wrong. So, we've gone and blown up the team (and I guess you can't blame Homer for doing it). You might as well ship out the fuckers who weren't with the program, keep the ones who are and acquire others that will fly straight as well.

On that note, I don't know that I've posted under the influence of anything in my entire life. I'm way too logical for that shit. I can't stand posting anything if it isn't well thought out. This will be cake easy for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^......Oh gawwwd...

Blow it out your ass Mav. lol

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was an "Eat your own shit for a month Island' Richards should have done it as captain. This has really changed my look on both of them, especially Richards.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If there was an "Eat your own shit for a month Island' Richards should have done it as captain. This has really changed my look on both of them, especially Richards.

haha gross!:yuck:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm not sure why you're surprised 4706.. we knew they partied, and thought they put themselves before the team..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not sure why you're surprised 4706.. we knew they partied, and thought they put themselves before the team..

We thought they put themselves before the team. The fact that Lava brought this into the lockerroom and have Carter and Richards both not participate shows that they did not even give a shit if the team knew, which is not how a captain should handle his already bad partying

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We thought they put themselves before the team. The fact that Lava brought this into the lockerroom and have Carter and Richards both not participate shows that they did not even give a shit if the team knew, which is not how a captain should handle his already bad partying

oh no doubt.. its terrible and horrific to think the captain was a part of it.. i just dont find this stuff all that surprising.. the way the two of them would just drift around for weeks at a time had them on my last nerve already

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no doubt.. its terrible and horrific to think the captain was a part of it.. i just dont find this stuff all that surprising.. the way the two of them would just drift around for weeks at a time had them on my last nerve already

I guess I can not be very surprised either, but just the way they did this is what pisses me off. Good riddance, hopefully they were 2 cancers that were holding back JVR and Giroux until now.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really cant wait until Carter/Richards/Lava/Homer/Snider reitres so they can write a book on this. I will have it read within 24 hours of its release

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can not be very surprised either, but just the way they did this is what pisses me off. Good riddance, hopefully they were 2 cancers that were holding back JVR and Giroux until now.

I really cant wait until Carter/Richards/Lava/Homer/Snider reitres so they can write a book on this. I will have it read within 24 hours of its release

haha ya that'd be a good read for sure

and i think we'll have a better attitude on the team.. i think (as i said many times before) the team reflected carter and richards' desire and attitude.. i dont think we'll see the team mail it in for a month when they dont feel like playing.. all i ask is that the team works its ass off every night.. if the current makeup works its ass off every night and misses the playoffs, i'd be ok with it..

as fan all i ask my teams is that they care as much as i do

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha ya that'd be a good read for sure

and i think we'll have a better attitude on the team.. i think (as i said many times before) the team reflected carter and richards' desire and attitude.. i dont think we'll see the team mail it in for a month when they dont feel like playing.. all i ask is that the team works its ass off every night.. if the current makeup works its ass off every night and misses the playoffs, i'd be ok with it..

as fan all i ask my teams is that they care as much as i do

I really hope Pronger gets the C. This team should works it ass of now, and he'll help the youngsters. If we were needing a leader, he will be one. I like our future, especially without these guys

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Pronger gets the C. This team should works it ass of now, and he'll help the youngsters. If we were needing a leader, he will be one. I like our future, especially without these guys

i'm really excited for this team too.. i really think they'll be competitive this year too.. i think the attitude change and a couple guys continuing their development and seeing that they're being relied on heavily (giroux, briere, jvr) will help them reach their potential

even more than looking for the forwards to step up though, i think its time for coburn and mesz to really step it up.. they have the ability to be the top pair (and i would LOVE that pair), they need to step up and play huge minutes... if they do, our d-corps will be fine

and i think pronger will get the 'C'.. i think/hope they just wait til he's going to play to give it to him.. it would just strike me as such a weird/goofy press conference to announce a new captain who is going to be sitting in the pressbox for a while haha

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm really excited for this team too.. i really think they'll be competitive this year too.. i think the attitude change and a couple guys continuing their development and seeing that they're being relied on heavily (giroux, briere, jvr) will help them reach their potential

even more than looking for the forwards to step up though, i think its time for coburn and mesz to really step it up.. they have the ability to be the top pair (and i would LOVE that pair), they need to step up and play huge minutes... if they do, our d-corps will be fine

and i think pronger will get the 'C'.. i think/hope they just wait til he's going to play to give it to him.. it would just strike me as such a weird/goofy press conference to announce a new captain who is going to be sitting in the pressbox for a while haha

I am more excited for Briere than JVR and Giorux, I think he is going to have a stellar year.

Only thing that worries me with a Mesz-Coburn top pair is the old thymers, Pronger will be a great captain, but we all know he is not getting better, same with Kimmo.

oh yes, did you hear we got a goalie? haha. Bryz has been so forgotten about by everyone. it is crazy, but should be a fun ride

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more excited for Briere than JVR and Giorux, I think he is going to have a stellar year.

Only thing that worries me with a Mesz-Coburn top pair is the old thymers, Pronger will be a great captain, but we all know he is not getting better, same with Kimmo.

oh yes, did you hear we got a goalie? haha. Bryz has been so forgotten about by everyone. it is crazy, but should be a fun ride

ya no doubt.. i forget about him cause i wanted vokoun so badly.. i think/hope bryz will be able to erase that.. but he cant start fixing that til october haha

and i agree, i think briere is going to be an animal this year.. he's the only guy on the team that i thought played with rage.. i remember one time, i think it was two years ago, the game against the avs.. where he scored a goal when the flyers were really slumping.. he swung so hard at the puck that he knocked himself over.. i love his attitude

i think pronger/timo could be a pretty coold pair by themselves actually.. especially as a 2nd pair.. then have carle/lilja/gust/bart fight it out for the bottom pair