• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Talk

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got that covered Snake Eyes. They'll be a NFL draft thread set-up strictly for the draft but more on that later.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread as a catch-all for draft discussion leading up to the draft.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current Walterfootball rumors:

4/24: "Andrus Peat won’t get past the St Louis Rams at 10 and could be selected even earlier. New York Giants perhaps?" - Tony Pauline

4/21: "I posted the St Louis Rams would target linebackers early in the draft. One linebacker the team loves is Benardrick McKinney." - Tony Pauline

4/17: "Keep hearing DeVante Parker will NOT be there for Dolphins at No. 14 in the first round. St. Louis (No. 10) and Minny (No. 11) are key." - Armando Salguero, Miami Herald

4/16: The Rams have worked out the top quarterbacks. They did the same thing last year, but didn't take one until Round 6. - Jim Thomas, St. Louis Post-Dispatch

4/15: Four teams are interested in trading up for Marcus Mariota: Eagles, Browns, Chargers and Rams. - Jason La Canfora

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one of those rumors that I trust is Jim Thomas', ironically. A lot of these seem like potential smokescreens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one of those rumors that I trust is Jim Thomas', ironically. A lot of these seem like potential smokescreens.
They do seem like smokescreens to a certain extent. It does seem like a grouping of players is forming around the 10th pick, though. Scherff seems like he'll go before 10 but the Rams seem like they'd take him. Peat and Flowers are in the picture at 10 and I think they'd take them over a non-OL. Devante Parker is the other name that been thrown around in that range.

The real unknown would be what is there if they trade down and who they'd be targeting.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, the Rams met with or worked out 30 players, but the five quarterbacks is more than any other NFL team had visit, according to unofficial lists compiled by NFLDraftScout.com.

The only quarterback missing among those rated in the top six was UCLA's Brett Hundley. Otherwise, in predicted pecking order, the Rams worked out Florida State's Jameis Winston, Oregon's Marcus Mariota, Baylor's Bryce Petty, Colorado State's Garrett Grayson and Oregon State's Sean Mannion.

No small feat considering the Rams needed to travel to each campus for those workouts. And it may interest some that Petty was also invited to Earth City for a private interview.

While all this cannot make Foles feel too comfortable, he and those other quarterbacks might like to know that the Rams also led the NFL in interviewing or working out offensive linemen -- 13 in all, including seven pure offensive tackles.

The Rams also had private get-togethers with four wide receivers.

NFL Teams are allowed 30 private visits, but local players do not count toward that total and neither do workouts, which are conducted at the player's campus.

In list of visits below, PV=Private visit; LOC=local prospect; WO=Workout.

Visits by offensive linemen: 13, including 7 OTs, one workout
--Jamon Brown, OT, Louisville (PV)
--Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (WO)
--D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (PV)
--T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh (PV)
--La'el Collins, OT, LSU (PV)
--Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (PV)
--Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PV)
--Jamil Douglas, G/OT, Arizona State (PV)
--Cameron Erving, OT/C, Florida State (PV)
--Ali Marpet, G/OT, Hobart (PV)
--A.J. Cann, G, South Carolina (PV)
--Tre' Jackson, G, Florida State (PV)
--Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke (PV)

Other visits: 17, including 5 QBs, 4 WRs, 6 workouts
--Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State (WO)
--Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (WO)
--Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (PV, WO)
--Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (WO)
--Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State (WO)
--Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (PV)
--Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (PV)
--Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (PV)
--DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PV)
--Neiron Ball, OLB, Florida (WO)
--Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson (PV)
--Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE, Kentucky (PV)
--Benardrick McKinney, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (PV)
--Deiontrez Mount, DE, Louisville (PV)
--Shane Ray, OLB/DE Missouri (PV)
--Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State (PV)
--Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (PV)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who we will take,or when, but unlike some of you, I feel better about our oline than I did last year and it's not even filled out yet! I don't care if we start two rookies and also have a second year guy in Robinson starting, I still feel we will be better than last year!

I mean we had 2 of the lowest rated Olineman at there position in the league last year, if we have 2 rookies starting in their place it can't be any worse, and hopefully they will be better!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was an original post by ANGELAKERAMS

The Rams are better off trading down and acquiring more picks.

The OL is a mess with only 2 legit starters and it's not looking like Barksdale will be signed before the draft ( if at all ). That leaves holes at 3 positions and there is next to nothing on the FA market to fill them which leaves us with the draft.

I think Scherff will be gone by 10, and the others are so close in talent that the Rams can easily chose one of them later rather than at 10.

And even though the Rams are still in need of a #1 WR, they can't neglect the OL to take one. A WR doesn't help the team when the QB doesn't have time to throw the ball.

I think the Rams should trade down, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd depending on how far they drop, and use at least 2 of those picks on OL.

If they get an extra 2nd and a WR falls, then great. But the first pick has to be OL ( even if it means passing on Copper or White ). They would make perfect trade bait. And no matter how good they may be in the NFL, they will never reach that potential with the Rams and their current OL situation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly disagree that any position has to be picked "first" or prioritized. Pick the offensive linemen where they are valued, and not before. Of course, none of us have seen the Rams' draft board, and maybe several of these OL are valued at #10 or thereabouts, but I have yet to see that in any of the mock drafts in print, on TV or the internet. Most mocks have maybe Scherff at 10 or just before, then a few more in the teens. Rams are looking to fill OG and RT spots, not positions that typically require investing early draft picks. Both positions should be easily filled with quality prospects in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if not later than that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few writers that believe that if the Rams stay at ten, one of the WRs will be the pick if available. However, the scenario of trading down, which we have discussed before, seems more viable for all of the O-lineman that we will snag to fulfill the O-line needs. I suspect either of those two have the highest probability unless MM falls to us at 10. Then all bets are off. I have read one scenario that suggested we will grab the running back Gordon from Wisconsin at ten as well. As always, everyone has their opinion.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few writers that believe that if the Rams stay at ten, one of the WRs will be the pick if available. However, the scenario of trading down, which we have discussed before, seems more viable for all of the O-lineman that we will snag to fulfill the O-line needs. I suspect either of those two have the highest probability unless MM falls to us at 10. Then all bets are off. I have read one scenario that suggested we will grab the running back Gordon from Wisconsin at ten as well. As always, everyone has their opinion.

Like you mention, there are quite a few really good o-line prospects available. Not sure why some think we need to take one of the top LT prospects at #10 when we have LT pretty much wrapped up by a guy we selected #2 last year.

I know someone is going to say Scherff except for two things.
1. I think(as you also said earlier) he very well might be gone by #10.
2. Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see him on the list of private work outs in this thread. We're going to draft him at #10 but never work him out privately? Not a fan of that...

So basically after all that, yes a trade would really be best for us lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In list of visits below, PV=Private visit; LOC=local prospect; WO=Workout.

Visits by offensive linemen: 13, including 7 OTs, one workout
--Jamon Brown, OT, Louisville (PV)
--Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (WO)
--D.J. Humphries, OT, Florida (PV)
--T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh (PV)
--La'el Collins, OT, LSU (PV)
--Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami (PV)
--Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PV)
--Jamil Douglas, G/OT, Arizona State (PV)
--Cameron Erving, OT/C, Florida State (PV)
--Ali Marpet, G/OT, Hobart (PV)
--A.J. Cann, G, South Carolina (PV)
--Tre' Jackson, G, Florida State (PV)
--Laken Tomlinson, G, Duke (PV)

Other visits: 17, including 5 QBs, 4 WRs, 6 workouts
--Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State (WO)
--Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (WO)
--Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (PV, WO)
--Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (WO)
--Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State (WO)
--Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama (PV)
--Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (PV)
--Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (PV)
--DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (PV)
--Neiron Ball, OLB, Florida (WO)
--Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson (PV)
--Alvin Dupree, OLB/DE, Kentucky (PV)
--Benardrick McKinney, OLB/ILB, Mississippi State (PV)
--Deiontrez Mount, DE, Louisville (PV)
--Shane Ray, OLB/DE Missouri (PV)
--Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State (PV)
--Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (PV)
Can't help but notice that Louisville has two lower round players that the Rams have visited. Devante Parker is certainly winning the odds of the Rams continuing their 'buddy' system where they draft guys from the same school.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go with the best player available, no position on the team besides punter can not be improved.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I my opinion, after 14 or 15 picks the class of pure talent dops off. If I am right then moving back for picks is exactly what the Rams need to do. We could get a nice receiver or the OG but with the 2nd and 3rd round coming, we could fix the OL and that is our key to this draft. MM at 10 is a different story but I would like to have that chance.:nod:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure who we will take,or when, but unlike some of you, I feel better about our oline than I did last year and it's not even filled out yet! I don't care if we start two rookies and also have a second year guy in Robinson starting, I still feel we will be better than last year!

I mean we had 2 of the lowest rated Olineman at there position in the league last year, if we have 2 rookies starting in their place it can't be any worse, and hopefully they will be better!
Cignetti is expected to implement a condense the playbook compared to the Shottie years.

This could make it much easier for a skilled Rook to start in Week 1!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard much from posters on here about possibly drafting DGB if he falls to the second round. He has off the field issues, but he looks like a skinnier version of Megatron if he gets his act together.

I also like the idea of trading back to acquire an additional 2nd round pick and going something along the lines of O-line, WR, BPA with our first three picks.

1st: Collins/Peat/Flowers/Erving
2nd: DGB/Strong/Dorsett
3rd (Second 2nd round pick): PJ Williams/Tomlinson/Mario Edwards

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ricky Williams scenario, first, is their a player in this draft that you would trade all your picks for? Or a player in the NFL?