• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Strengths Fit Ram Needs

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year's draft is deep in offensive lineman and wide receivers. Exactly what we need.

I do believe Snead and Fisher will give Jake Long a chance to come back on a veteran's minimum deal if he can't find someone else to make him a better offer.

First round - WR's White, Cooper / OT Collins, Cummings, Peat
Second Round - G McCann, C Dismukes, WR Devin Smith (one tough kid)
Third round - OT Fisher, C Grasu, G Lakin Tomlinsen, WR Lockette

Rams still need to get after Barksdale in my opinion just because of the OT/G versatility he offers.

Still a few weeks to go before narrowing down the mock draft picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of value, its WR in rd1 and G in rd2.

Cooper, White and Parker are all better prospects than Austin coming out

Irving, Tomlinson, Kouanijo and Matais are Guard prospects that could all go rd2.

I think that is safer than going OT/G in rd1 and WR in rd2 because the WRs in rd2 might be Coates or DGB and there is risk in both of those guys.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Hoping by some miracle Kevin White slides to us. At this point, with Foles in the fold, I would take White even if Mariota fell to us. Better yet, a trade down for extra picks might be the move. Then take WR Parker from Louisville.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have filled many pieces with really good FAs and a may continue with Wisnewski, all the scenarios that can be thought of for the Rams' draft are good. Trading down to get extra picks is a good one as well. So far, there is not a bad scenario conceived which means Snisher have significantly upgraded the talent level of this team to the point of (at least from this perspective) of bring this team all the way back from the abyss we have been in for a very long time. Now the next step is to have all this talent and filled pieces translate into wins and championships.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we have filled many pieces with really good FAs and a may continue with Wisnewski, all the scenarios that can be thought of for the Rams' draft are good. Trading down to get extra picks is a good one as well. So far, there is not a bad scenario conceived which means Snisher have significantly upgraded the talent level of this team to the point of (at least from this perspective) of bring this team all the way back from the abyss we have been in for a very long time. Now the next step is to have all this talent and filled pieces translate into wins and championships.

Some people aren't happy with a few of the past drafts, but overall they have drafted pretty well. The biggest thing holding us back was hanging onto the dream that Bradford would come through, by jettisoning Bradford, things are starting to look up for us!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I am a bit amazed by the effects of the Bradford trade has had on these Rams. We opened up cap space that allowed us to bring in some pretty good FAs this time and of course we have a new QB that fits the overall tone of this team as reflecting the smashmouth nature of Jeff Fisher that he learned with those dominating 85 Bears and Buddy Ryan.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bradford trade might just be the turning point in the Rams becoming a playoff team in the near future. The salary cap relief has allowed Snead and Fisher to get the right free agents and also they can plan on drafting a QB of the future during this draft.

Bradford and his contract really did cripple the Rams for the last 3 years and it is not Bradford's fault that he accepted that large contract that was given before the rookie pay cap. However, when he decided not to restructure his deal to help the Rams, that just showed what kind of team player that he is. This team is so much stronger now after the Rams made that trade.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree RamsFan and I always enjoy seeing that avatar of one of the most athletically gifted RBs we ever drafted and had the pleasure of watching for awhile. Eric Dickerson was a marvel to watch and what a player he was.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right on Ramsfan!!.....I completely agree!

Bradford is not a team player, never will be. Chip Kelly doesn't realize this yet, but he soon will!Its all about $$!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a draft analysis on the Rams homes page. For Center, the Rams perhaps have narrowed their pick for center to four prospects: Cameron Erving who is the most versatile of the bunch playing C/G/and T like Brett Jones; Dismukes; Grassu; and Gallick from Boston College. Erving looks like a young David Deacon Jones. Erving is quite stout as well at 6'5, 313lbs. I see Erving being the choice because of his versatility, size, and footwork. Dismukes maybe.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he take a pay cut when his salary was obviously below fair market value. not realistic. The Eagles paid him and had to give us picks. I guess Dallas should have paid Murray more to keep him but they didn't. does that mean they are a bad team to play for? no its just a business for both parties involved.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a draft analysis on the Rams homes page. For Center, the Rams perhaps have narrowed their pick for center to four prospects: Cameron Erving who is the most versatile of the bunch playing C/G/and T like Brett Jones; Dismukes; Grassu; and Gallick from Boston College. Erving looks like a young David Deacon Jones. Erving is quite stout as well at 6'5, 313lbs. I see Erving being the choice because of his versatility, size, and footwork. Dismukes maybe.

yeah Erving looks good retro he will probably go between our first and second pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Erving looks good retro he will probably go between our first and second pick.

Trade down target in the first. Erving is by far the best power blocking center prospect from the profiles I have read. The other top 3 or so don't have much power in their game. I would probably put Dismukes 2nd (for the Rams scheme).

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Shopson and Cougar. Many of the prognosticators are rendering conclusions that Erving might be one of the two lineman we select. The other being either Peat or Collins depending on how the draft flows and who takes whom. Schreff's seemingly weak performance in the strength tests appear to be contributing to some reticence in selecting him. We shall see.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure would be good to have a RB like Dickerson again on the Rams and for those who saw him, there was nothing like watching Dickerson take that toss sweep and breaking a long TD run.

But for this draft, I agree with getting some OL help at C and G and with Robinson, Saffold and hopefully resigning Barksdale would give the Rams an offensive line that would be strong for the next couple of years.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down target in the first. Erving is by far the best power blocking center prospect from the profiles I have read. The other top 3 or so don't have much power in their game. I would probably put Dismukes 2nd (for the Rams scheme).

the best thing about him is he can play all 3 positions on the line too.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep I agree Cougar and that is one of the characteristics that makes him the favorite for the Rams.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Erving as well but of course I would much rather have Scherff and Dismukes than say Erving and Matias or Kouandjio.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure would be good to have a RB like Dickerson again on the Rams
If if was in this draft, he'd go 1 or 2. They dont seem to make running backs like that any more.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Erving as well but of course I would much rather have Scherff and Dismukes than say Erving and Matias or Kouandjio.

I'm not so sure. Erving is the only true power blocking center of the top prospects. Dismukes is the closest of the other 3, but isn't close as a prospect. The center position is pretty weak in this draft compared to guard in my opinion, especially to fit the Rams' scheme.