• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Rituals/Traditions

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So today is the day!! Draft day mo-fo's!! Does anyone have any rituals or traditions they do on this day or in the evening? Or do some just sit and bitch about the pick at home, eager as all get out to hop the message board only to bitch about it there? ;) Me, I'm always at my buddy's house, his wife makes a huge pot of this Tex-Mex stuff(its kinda like chili but without the beans) and we sit and watch and discuss all the picks. Been doin it for years. Some years I've wanted to be at a bar so I could be around other teams' fans to see how upset they are with their picks, but, this is tradition. Anywho, lets here your traditions and may everyone enjoy our 1st round move(s).

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am usually on the message board so I will probably be here for an hour or so.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to have a big, weekend-long draft party in college, but now I just have beer, herbs, lots of good food (chilli dog sliders and homemade corndogs this year) and my laptop.

It'll be fun this year with my list from that draft game of Kreton's, I'm anxious to see how my guesses hold up...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my ritual used to be getting to the bar early with my buddies and getting nice and sauced up while watching the draft in a bar filled with Lions fans.

now we are all married and have babies or babies on the way -- i watch it in my living room with my vizsla, as my wife could care less who the Lions draft. LOL.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ain't getting older grand??

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ain't getting older grand??

Yeah -- it definitely took some time to adjust to married life. I have a little boy due in 2 weeks, so I wouldn't change it for the world.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year, before the draft, I like to get toasted. It's kinda like, one of those ritual things, man.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean every day, before your cornflakes, you like to get toasted?

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years our old softball team, all big Lions fans, would come to my house, play hold 'em and watch Gandy spill Chili all down his shirt. Then his dusty ass moved away and we moved the party to the bar we used to play for, just wasn't the same without Kevin there to make a mess of himself. This year will be the first at a bar now owned by one of the guys that played with us. Couple years ago the bar had a DJ, I don't think so!!! The owner, old sponsor, made him quit per our request, I love a small town!!! I will make my official who they will take prediction.............Ziggy it is, I want Milliner still but thinkin Ansah is the pick. Last few uncertains I had right were Fairley, Staff and unfortunately I was correct on Mike Williams. HATED that pick just had an awful feeling he would be the one. Gandy can attest to that one I called it to him on the phone five minutes before pick was made, I hope I didn't jinx that pick!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years our old softball team, all big Lions fans, would come to my house, play hold 'em and watch Gandy spill Chili all down his shirt. Then his dusty ass moved away and we moved the party to the bar we used to play for, just wasn't the same without Kevin there to make a mess of himself. This year will be the first at a bar now owned by one of the guys that played with us. Couple years ago the bar had a DJ, I don't think so!!! The owner, old sponsor, made him quit per our request, I love a small town!!! I will make my official who they will take prediction.............Ziggy it is, I want Milliner still but thinkin Ansah is the pick. Last few uncertains I had right were Fairley, Staff and unfortunately I was correct on Mike Williams. HATED that pick just had an awful feeling he would be the one. Gandy can attest to that one I called it to him on the phone five minutes before pick was made, I hope I didn't jinx that pick!!!!

You got Fairley right that year? Did you predict it before the draft or as he slid?....I had him going top 5, never thought he was going to fall back to us.

Chief602

Resident Wookie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was after he had slid a little, maybe five picks before we took him. Williams was pathetic, so pissed!!!!!!!!!

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it was after he had slid a little, maybe five picks before we took him. Williams was pathetic, so pissed!!!!!!!!!

Ok gotcha, I was gonna say, that's one helluva pick if you said it before the draft started.