• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft: Our future - Robert Griffin the 3rd

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hop on the wagon now. This is the guy we need to get in next yrs draft. Luck is the only QB I like more and there is no way we are getting him. Griffin we could have a shot at. Be sure to start following him this season. :pop2:

Very athletic QB and mobile which Harbaugh loves. 6'2 220lbs. Smart QB and a little bit of a different personality then what you would expect. Was born in Japan so has different up bringing. Well spoken individual.

[YOUTUBE]pUeyqDIvE1M&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not sold on him. Right now he's about a 2nd round pick IMO.

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have him but I don't think he falls to late in the first round.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the fact that he's well spoken have to do with anything?

For the record though, I live close to Baylor and Ive seen most of his games. Hes gonna be a star in the NFL.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where does Clyde rate him as a prospect?

I really don't know yet. I love what he brings to the table from a mental standpoint as well as his athleticism but I'm not yet sold on his ability to decipher information and his pocket savvy. I'd probably give him a strong second round grade at this point with a lot room to move either up or down.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than his throwing motion, what don't you like about him?

Well, i would like to see him under center more first of all. I'd also like to see more from his pocket presence and his ability to break down a Defense (like clyde was saying). I like him a lot so far, but i'm interested to see him go up against some good Defenses.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like my QB to be intelligent and it's a small factor in evaluating that. Plus likability for me as well.

So if he was an African American born here rather than Japan he would be "different", less likeable and not as well spoken?

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a great long ball which we haven't seen in awhile

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL. wow, reaching there. No, dont try to spin this. Youre using terrible logic.

I am simply asking a question. No statement was made.

The reason I asked was because you wrote:
Smart QB and a little bit of a different personality then what you would expect. Was born in Japan so has different up bringing. Well spoken individual.
To expand on my question...
What personality would I expect from him and why?
What does growing up in Japan change in regard to what I would expect and how well spoken he might be?

The "well spoken" thing jumps out at some people.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has a different personality then what you might expect from a high level athlete. Atleast what I expect out of the majority. Here's just a couple of parts from articles:

Griffin graduated from high school a semester early, earned his bachelors degree in political science in December at the age of 20 and has already broken 14 career records with the Bears; despite the fact that hes just now entering his redshirt junior season.

***I didnt want to be here five years and get one degree, maybe two,; says Griffin, whos working on a masters in communications with a plan down the road to go to law school. A lot of guys dont like school, and some of them do it just because it will get them where they want to be for athletics. But I know the life expectancy of a pro athlete is not very long, no matter what sport youre in. So you have to be able to do something else after its all said and done.***8221;

He already has a degree in political science earned in only three years after graduating high school early near the top of his class. A self-described ***8220;natural loner; who likes listening to any music other than heavy metal, Griffin still aspires to go to law school.

***;I'm just a cool, calm, collected person. ; People around here know me as the kid. I'm goofy, wear goofy socks he said. ***8220;Robert Griffin, not the football player, is just a normal person, just like everybody else..........................................
.........................................***He knows how to handle it. He stays humble, and he understands that his great asset is being a great teammate Baylor coach Art Briles said. ***8220;When people see that in him, his stock, it's going to escalate.***8221;..............................................................................................
Wherever he plays, Griffin will be content being a homebody no matter how many highlights he creates on the field. His mother said he's always been that way, much like she is. He was so quiet as a child she would often go to his bedroom to check on him.

***When he's around, everybody's always watching, evaluating, seeing what he says and does,*** Briles said. So it's healthy sometimes to have time alone. He's a great teammate, and he cares tremendously about our football team and this university

As for the Japan and well spoken question, those arent linked. Just as being 6'2 220lbs and smart are not linked. These were individual comments given to get to know the player better for some that might not know anything about him.

And you were not just simply asking a question. Youre reaching to bring up race some how and twist this around.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am simply asking a question. No statement was made.

The reason I asked was because you wrote:
Smart QB and a little bit of a different personality then what you would expect. Was born in Japan so has different up bringing. Well spoken individual.
To expand on my question...
What personality would I expect from him and why?
What does growing up in Japan change in regard to what I would expect and how well spoken he might be?

The "well spoken" thing jumps out at some people.

:violin:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guy has just been unbelievable! I dont know if he'll be there anymore when we draft.

He has 5 TD passes again today and only 5 incompletions! His last game he had 5 tds and 4 incompletions.

So as of right now he has 18tds passes on the yr and 17 incompletions!!!!!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is good....but not sure if he is too fragile to make it in the NFL...might be injured too much.