• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft needs

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanted to start a discussion about the team needs heading into the draft. With the recent acquisitions of McClain, Hardy, Brinkly, Gachkar, Rivers, McFadden, and White Dallas has filled a few of the existing holes on the roster. I'm curious to know what you guys think are the biggest positions of need and who best to fill them in the upcoming draft.

With McClain on board Dallas has now signed four LB and have a number of other guys at the position under contract -- that said I don't think we will see a LB until late in the draft, if at all. For me, the team's biggest needs are CB, S, RB, DE, QB, in that order. Dallas has pretty solid depth everywhere else.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys are free to go BPA. There should be a top RB, either Gurley, Gordon or Coleman, at least one available. DT is super deep, 7-8 real strong prospects. There's a good chance they wait on DT and RB till the 2nd and 3rd, which might mean secondary help. I love Landon Collins, the Safety out of Alabama, but he will be long gone IMO. I think if they were going for need, it would be the top corner on the board

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need contributors that play CB, RB, Safety, DT

Agree with your assessment. Still of the opinion, knowing JJ, that he will look to trade down and pick up extra picks. There will be quality secondary & RB help in the second round that would fill needs

Greg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that $13Mil in cap space has been freed up after Romo's restructure....

Trade 1st round (27th) for AP if he becomes available. Light years better and more reliable that any rookie RB in this draft lol. Maintain team identity at all costs under Romo window, not just getting cheaper at the position for the future. Vikes won't pay some player $13Mil a season if he doesn't want to be there and also pass on a 1st round pick to help their young team now, unless their just that desperate and dumb.

2nd round: Quinten Rollins CB Miami (Ohio). Slow 40 time at combine (4.57) is a good break that will cause him to slid into the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Very raw but the kid play. Excellent ball skills and a hard hitter. Can slide to either nickel corner or transition easily to S. Cowboys have scheduled for a visit. Mo's abust and cut Carr after June 1st to free up another $8mil a season or so...not worth restructuring and/or reducing with the expected future cap hits even after a possible salary reduction.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with your assessment. Still of the opinion, knowing JJ, that he will look to trade down and pick up extra picks. There will be quality secondary & RB help in the second round that would fill needs

I think a trade down is ideal.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think best corner available. I kind of like peters from washington. I think he has enough skills and the mental makeup to a good corner although he does seem to lack the top end speed you would like at corner. We need ball hawks in secondary.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Boise state RB reminds me of emmitt.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol....

Nice way to gamble your team's immediate future.
WTF are you talking about? This kid is compared to Marshawn Lynch by a lot of scouts. If trading for AP is all you've got, you're pretty darn lame dude

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kevin Johnson CB from Wake Forrest, I would be okay with Dallas taking him at #27. Dallas should stay away from Marcus Peters IMO, don't need to bring in too many character concerns in one off season. I would like Jalen Collins, but he probably won't be around for Dallas at #27. Trae Waynes would be a pipe dream. None of the others are worth 1st round consideration IMO.

In an ideal world Dallas could move back 7-10 slots and pick up a 3rd rounder and grab Kevin Johnson at the top of the second round.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kevin Johnson CB from Wake Forrest, I would be okay with Dallas taking him at #27. Dallas should stay away from Marcus Peters IMO, don't need to bring in too many character concerns in one off season. I would like Jalen Collins, but he probably won't be around for Dallas at #27. Trae Waynes would be a pipe dream. None of the others are worth 1st round consideration IMO.

In an ideal world Dallas could move back 7-10 slots and pick up a 3rd rounder and grab Kevin Johnson at the top of the second round.
I think if he is there at 27, they'd better take him if that's their guy

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that $13Mil in cap space has been freed up after Romo's restructure....

Trade 1st round (27th) for AP if he becomes available. Light years better and more reliable that any rookie RB in this draft lol. Maintain team identity at all costs under Romo window, not just getting cheaper at the position for the future. Vikes won't pay some player $13Mil a season if he doesn't want to be there and also pass on a 1st round pick to help their young team now, unless their just that desperate and dumb.

2nd round: Quinten Rollins CB Miami (Ohio). Slow 40 time at combine (4.57) is a good break that will cause him to slid into the 2nd or 3rd rounds. Very raw but the kid play. Excellent ball skills and a hard hitter. Can slide to either nickel corner or transition easily to S. Cowboys have scheduled for a visit. Mo's abust and cut Carr after June 1st to free up another $8mil a season or so...not worth restructuring and/or reducing with the expected future cap hits even after a possible salary reduction.

It's "slide" not slid

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, typo. When you post "you're" instead of "your", it's obviously not a typo.

Dumbass

Check my post history, I clearly demonstrate an understanding of the difference between your and you're - it was a typo dipshit. You're grasping at straws here, but your pea brain is simple and clearly has difficulty grasping the simplest of concepts. You probably can't comprehend due to the fact you can't get over your man crush for AP, you're firmly attached to his nuts it would seem.

Have a great day, Greg! I am forever in awe of your knowledge of the game of football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, typo. When you post "you're" instead of "your", it's obviously not a typo.

Dumbass

No...it is exactly the same thing...Glass Houses...