• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Lottery?

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is who wins the lottery next year? This year, it isn't as important. I see some good players, but no sure fire superstars.
The Suns will probably draft another twin... SMH

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"With cap space, 2 first round picks & interest in improving fast, the Cavs will investigate trade options with No. 1 pick" Don't know how reliable this is, but it would be smart to move from the first pick if they can get enough in return.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm looking at Chad Ford's mock draft. With basically two 7-footers on the roster, he decides it's in the Cavs best interest to take two more 7-footers. Jesus Christ.

That said, I'd love if they took that Gobert kid with the 19th pick, as long as they take Porter at 1.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Gobert will make it out of the lottery. From what i've read, Portland is very interested... I guess because Batum is from france as well. :p

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like the poverty 2007 draft. Noel = poverty Oden. Mclemore = poverty Durant. (ie People will talk themselves into Noel going #1 when they really shouldnt)

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the Cavs have Waiters. Draft McLemore or trade out of the pick.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Cleveland, I'm exploring every trade scenario possible. I'd dial up every team in the league and just flat out ask them what they're willing to give for the #1 pick. Cleveland has too many young guys as is. They need to get someone with more seasoning in there. If I can't trade for at least borderline all-star, I'll just suck it up and take Noel. He's got the most upside of the top guys so just take him and figure the 7 footer situation out later. They'll always be a market for him or Varejao.

I liked a trade Ryen Russillo mentioned before they got the pick and that was Luol Deng for their first round pick. Cleveland can take his salary since they're under the cap and still maintain cap space in 2014 since Deng has 1 year left. Chicago relieves some salary issues while maybe getting a player like McLemore. I'm not sure that'd work now that Cleveland has #1 pick overall. I'd like more than just Deng.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When healthy, I feel like the Wizards have a top 7 team out East. They are too good to get the 3rd pick.

As a side note, Mizzou needs to work on their basketball program. Mclemore and Porter are both from Missouri

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - that Kevin Love rumor was completely made up.

walterfootball.com had perhaps the most amazing scenario for the Cavs draft -

1. Otto Porter (he's one of the smart people that thinks the Cavs need to go with team need over the hype of Noel)
19. Steven Adams (though I hear he's moving his way up towards the lottery. Sounds like we're gonna add a center, though, anyhow.)
31. Shane Larkin
33. Glen Rice, Jr.

If those 4 guys were added, there is no doubt the Cavs would be a playoff team next season (barring catastrophic injuries such as this last year).

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent read thread, but Stern is doing everything he can to get LeBron back in Cleveland it seems.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I feel like the Cavs will never be good again. They have all this top talent but keep sucking. Why? Because I think Cleveland is a "wait it out" team where uninspired players just go through the motions. Players are just waiting for their contracts to be up then they are gone to LA, Boston, NY, NJ etc...Dan Gilbert sealed his fate when he humiliated himself and his whole organization with that full page spread/emotional breakdown about Lebron. Since that meltdown, every agent of every player taken by the Cavs is just waiting to get their client out of there. Doesn't matter who they draft. When their contract is up, they're gone, and that is when we'll see these guys playing their best basketball. That's how it really seems to me most of the time.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree about Cavs never being relevant again. For that but also for the other reason that they are incompetent. They had the best player alive for 7 years and never won a ring. It was like the Lions and Barry. It is nobody's fault but management when teams suck.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking. 2 Michigan fans are making up crap about the Cavs.

They have a ton of talent but last year they were pretty much paralyzed with injuries (Varajao missed most of the year, Kyrie missed over half the year, Dion Waiters missed like 15-20 games, Zeller was hurt and missed several games). I will agree that it was management's fault that they didn't win a ring with Lebron. However, aside from Lebron, what player has been drafted by the Cavs, waited out his rookie contract, and then gone on to play great for another team?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron signed a 5 year extension

and you guys did have injuries, but if you make the playoffs and get bounced a couple times, does that make you relevant?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not crapping on the Cavs. Half my family works for Quickenloans. I'm a Pistons fan but I don't hate the Cavs at all. I just think they're fucked. That's why I started my post off with "maybe I'm just being pessimistic".

I don't think any of these young blue chippers have seen the end of their first contracts yet have they? You gotta admit, hiring the same HC you just fired is pretty weird stuff.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not crapping on the Cavs. Half my family works for Quickenloans. I'm a Pistons fan but I don't hate the Cavs at all. I just think they're fucked. That's why I started my post off with "maybe I'm just being pessimistic".

I don't think any of these young blue chippers have seen the end of their first contracts yet have they? You gotta admit, hiring the same HC you just fired is pretty weird stuff.

Ahh, some QL folks. I worked there in the Cleveland office for a while.

I never said you hated them, you're just quick to write them off as irrelevant for some reason. None of these kids have seen the end of their contracts, so how can you already say they are on their way out? If anything, the rumors around the league have suggested that Kyrie is trying to get Lebron to come BACK to Cleveland to win a title with him. Perhaps that's BS, but there has been a lot of smoke surrounding that situation.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, some QL folks. I worked there in the Cleveland office for a while.

I never said you hated them, you're just quick to write them off as irrelevant for some reason. None of these kids have seen the end of their contracts, so how can you already say they are on their way out? If anything, the rumors around the league have suggested that Kyrie is trying to get Lebron to come BACK to Cleveland to win a title with him. Perhaps that's BS, but there has been a lot of smoke surrounding that situation.

Well, they were the worst team before Lebron (blue and orange era) and they are the worst team again without him. It's easy to be pessimistic about it, especially as an outsider. But shit if Lebron came back I think that would be incredible and actually redeem himself.

Other than that, it's the same knock a lot of teams get, including the Pistons. Great players leave for big cities. Just the way the NBA is. I hate it because I grew up when guys played for the same team their whole careers. If it was still like that now, Lebron would still be a Cav.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
havent read thread, but Stern is doing everything he can to get LeBron back in Cleveland it seems.

If anything, the rumors around the league have suggested that Kyrie is trying to get Lebron to come BACK to Cleveland to win a title with him. Perhaps that's BS, but there has been a lot of smoke surrounding that situation.

Lebron back in Cleveland would make them relevant for a few years, I am not sure I like that story though. It would be super feel good, I hate feel good stories.