• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Fail

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Colors. I needed to read a little reason with all the chicken littles running around here:suds:

Who the fuck is chicken little you moron? Saying that netting one defensive player with pour first three picks is whacked is chicken? I get it, from now on everyone should just come to you and ask what the proper time frame is to talk about specific subjects, and which opinions are too objective to constitute an actual fan, since apparently you have to be on Jerry's nutsack to be a real fan. Or...maybe you can just kiss my ass

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is chicken little you moron? Saying that netting one defensive player with pour first three picks is whacked is chicken? I get it, from now on everyone should just come to you and ask what the proper time frame is to talk about specific subjects, and which opinions are too objective to constitute an actual fan, since apparently you have to be on Jerry's nutsack to be a real fan. Or...maybe you can just kiss my ass

Jarntt on Jerry's nutsack? I don't think so.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, and I think Martin is a stud too. I'm not rooting against those kids. I'm mainly pissed at what I thought was Jerry counting his chickens on Shazier and not having a plan B in place when the Steelers took him. Instead of working on a fallback trade down if Shazier went to the Steelers, it's been well documented that Jerry was on the phone with Shazier's people while the Steelers were still on the clock. Martin will be a starter, but I think there's no doubt Jerry overpayed for Lawrence because he got caught with his pants down on Shazier

Problem is we don't know if They tried to trade back after Shaizer wad gone. If I'm Dallas I say Martin was my plan B even if he's a last resort pick.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how expressing general concern is knee-jerk or doom and gloom. I can't speak for anyone else but i'm complaining more about what I didn't see on the field as opposed to who in terms of talent. Guys maintain contain and setting the edge. the hint of a pass rush opposed to being dominate against the run and putting zero pressure on the qb. If it were only Rivers I wouldn't be concerned but we got trounced by two guys I and most here probably never heard of. Call me chicken little if you must. I am personally concerned I hope the coaching staff shows some concern and a level of urgency to fix what did and didn't transpire. I consider my self a quality poster with a legitimate take on what happened this past Thursday night. I never used the phrase doomed and I understand it was only 1 preseason game. I actually watched the game and trying to make an accurate assessment on what I believe I saw. Sorry if I think things aren't peaches and cream I for one hope to see these things get fixed....quickly.:suds: This is not aimed at anyone JMHO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a whiny little bitch you act like. Where did I say I was talking about you? Why don't you go troll the Seahawks board some more if its too boring for you here, drama queen...you really are an annoying dick.

I love how now I'm on Jerry's nut sack after last week being accused of letting my hatred of him blind my opinion of things. Just proves I may be one of the most objective ones here I guess. Such is life on the ESPN...oops SportsHoopla message board...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is we don't know if They tried to trade back after Shaizer wad gone. If I'm Dallas I say Martin was my plan B even if he's a last resort pick.

If I'm Dallas I shout from the rooftops he was the guy I wanted. It's not this drafts fault that we let our DL get so depleted. Trying to force a fix for this year would be a typical short sighted Jerry move. you don't Draft for one year. I'm glad we made the smart pick. I wanted Donald to fall, but he didn't. That's life. I wouldn't trade Martin for shazier even if the offer was made. I friggin love Martin and what he is going to bring to this team (HOPEFULLY!!!) for a decade.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how expressing general concern is knee-jerk or doom and gloom. I can't speak for anyone else but i'm complaining more about what I didn't see on the field as opposed to who in terms of talent. Guys maintain contain and setting the edge. the hint of a pass rush opposed to being dominate against the run and putting zero pressure on the qb. If it were only Rivers I wouldn't be concerned but we got trounced by two guys I and most here probably never heard of. Call me chicken little if you must. I am personally concerned I hope the coaching staff shows some concern and a level of urgency to fix what did and didn't transpire. I consider my self a quality poster with a legitimate take on what happened this past Thursday night. I never used the phrase doomed and I understand it was only 1 preseason game. I actually watched the game and trying to make an accurate assessment on what I believe I saw. Sorry if I think things aren't peaches and cream I for one hope to see these things get fixed....quickly.:suds: This is not aimed at anyone JMHO.

It's not, but in my opinion....trashing the pick and predicting failure before he snaps a chin strap along with saying the player was so bad in college he went up and down the line to find a favorable matchup in a lesser football conference borders on agenda than fan.

You'd have to be blind to not have concerns with this team, but are they still that much below all other NFC eastern teams after one preseason game? Is it a sure fire last place defense like last year because of that one preseason game? Sure seems like conclusions are being drawn from that game. I'm sorry, I gotta let a few more weeks play out, maybe get to mid September before I assume same ole.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm Dallas I shout from the rooftops he was the guy I wanted. It's not this drafts fault that we let our DL get so depleted. Trying to force a fix for this year would be a typical short sighted Jerry move. you don't Draft for one year. I'm glad we made the smart pick. I wanted Donald to fall, but he didn't. That's life. I wouldn't trade Martin for shazier even if the offer was made. I friggin love Martin and what he is going to bring to this team (HOPEFULLY!!!) for a decade.

Seeing Martin now I don't think too many will disagree. I wasn't high on Shazier or Donald at 16. I wanted a S but all the talk about Dallas not taking one had me hoping for a trade back. I'm happy with Martin and I won't cry about this draft until I see what Lawrence is.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing Martin now I don't think too many will disagree. I wasn't high on Shazier or Donald at 16. I wanted a S but all the talk about Dallas not taking one had me hoping for a trade back. I'm happy with Martin and I won't cry about this draft until I see what Lawrence is.
I was hoping we were able to trade back get some extra picks & still be able to draft Ward. That obviously didnt happen. I wasnt high on Martin until I believe UK started talking him up & then I went & checked some things out on him. That is when his stock went up for me. So like I said when we drafted. I wanted Defense in the 1st round (ward) but I will never complain when we draft an OL in the 1st round ever. So I am very happy we have martin, even if he wasnt my 1st choice. The lawrence thing I am/was more upset with the trade than the player. The draft as a whole doesnt give me the warm & fuzzies, but I have seen drafts that I did have some excitement for & in the long run didnt turn out as I hoped.
I love our 1st pick & liked what I was hearing from our 2nd pick before his injury. All the rest are just huge unknowns (for me) until we see them play.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing week 3 or 4 now for Lawrence. When it first happened I heard at best week 8 , possibly week 12 before he could contribute. What the hell has happened? I knew it was an 8-12 week injury , but to get back in shape and be ready to contibute by week 3??

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing week 3 or 4 now for Lawrence. When it first happened I heard at best week 8 , possibly week 12 before he could contribute. What the hell has happened? I knew it was an 8-12 week injury , but to get back in shape and be ready to contibute by week 3??

blind optimism, it will likely be in the middle. I'd look around week 5 or 6. Week 8 is cautious, week 3 is optimistic, and reality will be someone in between unless a setback occurs

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not, but in my opinion....trashing the pick and predicting failure before he snaps a chin strap along with saying the player was so bad in college he went up and down the line to find a favorable matchup in a lesser football conference borders on agenda than fan.

You'd have to be blind to not have concerns with this team, but are they still that much below all other NFC eastern teams after one preseason game? Is it a sure fire last place defense like last year because of that one preseason game? Sure seems like conclusions are being drawn from that game. I'm sorry, I gotta let a few more weeks play out, maybe get to mid September before I assume same ole.

I certainly agree with this as far as Lawrence go's I haven't trashed him at all I know little or nothing about this kid. Only thing negative I ever said regarding him was we shouldn't have given up a 3rd round pick to get him. This is a week to week league but thin again one week doesn't conclude a teams season good are bad. Just feel like we need to fix some things . My opinion is hopefully clear and I can't defend this any further. My last thing on thing on this is I don't believe our season is over. Hell it hasn't begun. I just need to see improvement this week. I didn't know my observation what create such an up roar. I only said I thought at this point of the season that the defense was usually ahead of the offense. I hope us giving up 400+ yrds to S.D. isn't an indication of things to come. That's not being conclusive, knee-jerk, or doom and gloom. I hope to see some improvement over last year. I haven't made one single conclusion or definitive statement.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly agree with this as far as Lawrence go's I haven't trashed him at all I know little or nothing about this kid. Only thing negative I ever said regarding him was we shouldn't have given up a 3rd round pick to get him. This is a week to week league but thin again one week doesn't conclude a teams season good are bad. Just feel like we need to fix some things . My opinion is hopefully clear and I can't defend this any further. My last thing on thing on this is I don't believe our season is over. Hell it hasn't begun. I just need to see improvement this week. I didn't know my observation what create such an up roar. I only said I thought at this point of the season that the defense was usually ahead of the offense. I hope us giving up 400+ yrds to S.D. isn't an indication of things to come. That's not being conclusive, knee-jerk, or doom and gloom. I hope to see some improvement over last year. I haven't made one single conclusion or definitive statement.

like I said....you'd have to be blind to not be concerned.
You're right....noticeable improvement would sure be nice before we play SF

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a whiny little bitch you act like. Where did I say I was talking about you? Why don't you go troll the Seahawks board some more if its too boring for you here, drama queen...you really are an annoying dick.

I love how now I'm on Jerry's nut sack after last week being accused of letting my hatred of him blind my opinion of things. Just proves I may be one of the most objective ones here I guess. Such is life on the ESPN...oops SportsHoopla message board...

Whiny Bitch and annoying Dick? Feel free to PM me and we can spare everyone else what we really have to say. Feel free

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think your post would be dead on the money to anyone who doesn't have their head stuck in the sand hoping the Easter Bunny will show up with the 6-7 defensive upgrades this team needs or that Rod will somehow ''find'' a pass rush. Last years D, minus Ware and now Lee, and the top pick for the D out a month(and let's be honest, there's no shame in getting squashed by TSmith, but expecting ANYTHING out of this kid after missing 6-10 weeks is folly for this season), but some say it's ''chicken'' to be worried.
:L:L:L

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like I said....you'd have to be blind to not be concerned.
You're right....noticeable improvement would sure be nice before we play SF

Just to ease a bit of the concern maybe, Jarntt asked earlier who started the game. I forgot to mention our starting nickel CB the other night. It was Jeff Heath.

So our starting DBs the other night were- Webb, Mitchell, Heath, Wilcox. When we went nickel , Dixon came in. Minus special teams vs SF- 4 out these 5 shouldnt be on the field

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiny Bitch and annoying Dick? Feel free to PM me and we can spare everyone else what we really have to say. Feel free

PMs? what do you want to date? I don't do PMs with people i like, I certainly am not interested in doing them with you.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PMs? what do you want to date? I don't do PMs with people i like, I certainly am not interested in doing them with you.

Then stick the name calling up your ass dude. Wanna disagree, fine, wanna insult, thats fine too, but if you want to call someone a bitch and a dick, but then pass on the PM, I say you're the chickenshit. Better yet, hit the ignore, I won't miss you

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken shit to PM someone??? What the hell does that even mean??? Why in the World would a person be chicken to PM someone,,, does it hurt? Like I said you are an annoying dick. Go away and Go PM someone that gives a shit about you. God this board is getting tough to read without people acting like two year olds...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God this board is getting tough to read without people acting like two year olds...[/QUOTE]

This is where Im damned if I do or damned if I dont. If I dont stoop to that level, I get called a chickenshit or ass kisser. I have always taken the high road. Cant do it anymore