• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft efficiency vs draft capital

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I’ve been researching counterpoints for all the chicken little crybabies on this message board regarding the commanders drafting, I stumbled upon this little gem of a website that compares drafting efficiency:

It’s a long article and not a soundbyte, and thus might turn off the shallow-minded among us, but in short, it seems to suggest that Washington, when comparing draft return (how well the washington team has drafted tabulated in career annual value) with draft capital (what actual draft picks they had to work with) has drafted 9th out of THE ENTIRE NFL over a ten year period ending in 2019.

Should I continue to research, naysayers?!

Suck it.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I’ve been researching counterpoints for all the chicken little crybabies on this message board regarding the commanders drafting, I stumbled upon this little gem of a website that compares drafting efficiency:

It’s a long article and not a soundbyte, and thus might turn off the shallow-minded among us, but in short, it seems to suggest that Washington, when comparing draft return (how well the washington team has drafted tabulated in career annual value) with draft capital (what actual draft picks they had to work with) has drafted 9th out of THE ENTIRE NFL over a ten year period ending in 2019.

Suck it.
The people who hate the name change will keep hating till they start winning the people who moved on will see this draft different.. this is good info my opinion we just need a franchise QB

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is going be alot of bust in this draft because of the portal guys. But Washington stayed away from them and selected 4 to 5 year starters... when i mean portal guys I mean players that went to a school then to another school I like to see that data 4 year players vs player hoppers.. this is it for the portal guys if they struggle will they work or give up there is no portal in NFL it's either work hard or get the F out

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suck it.
Great. So what happened?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the drafting was decent, who's the problem in D.C.?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. So what happened?

Snyder, Allen, Gruden, Manusky, Shanahan, RG3, scandals, more scandals ,off-the-field concerns, more scandals, etc. etc. etc.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suck it.
and exactly what did our record indicate over that time again ? sub 500 ? makes me believe that the article wasnt worth the paper it was written on

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and exactly what did our record indicate over that time again ? sub 500 ? makes me believe that the article wasnt worth the paper it was written on

Sure, because everybody knows that the only thing needed to ensure success on the field is if players are drafted at their appropriate draft round, right skinsdad?

Success on the field has literally NOTHING to do with things like: quality coaching, ample upgraded training facilities, franchise stability, owner interference, perpetual off the field issues, etc…

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, skinsdad, how do you suppose you account for fhe teams ahead of the redskins generally being perennial contenders, if the article isnt worth anything?

Teams ahead of washington include the following, in order: seattle, GB, Dallas, Pitt, NO, Balt, KC, and NE?

Oh that’s right? You cant.

Research is fun.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, because everybody knows that the only thing needed to ensure success on the field is if players are drafted at their appropriate draft round, right skinsdad?

Success on the field has literally NOTHING to do with things like: quality coaching, ample upgraded training facilities, franchise stability, owner interference, perpetual off the field issues, etc…
Didn’t say that chiller but sooner or later the talent has to show up and produce

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I definitey agree with.

They drafted well and they continue to draft well was my point, contrary to the whiners who dont like a player drafted in the exact round that they feel that player should be drafted.

They definitely have to produce now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course drafting people close to where they are rated enhances they ability to bring in more and better talent

The goal should be to draft top rated talent in the early rounds and bring in under drafted guys in the laters rounds . Guys called “ steals “

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That I definitey agree with.

They drafted well and they continue to draft well was my point, contrary to the whiners who dont like a player drafted in the exact round that they feel that player should be drafted.

They definitely have to produce now.
Davis was a good pick ? We haven’t drafted many star players early Haskins ? A good pick ?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course drafting people close to where they are rated enhances they ability to bring in more and better talent

The goal should be to draft top rated talent in the early rounds and bring in under drafted guys in the laters rounds . Guys called “ steals “
I do think Media outlets have different boards then teams do .. I think Mayhew said that .. also luck comes in play also Jimmey Johnson on emmit smith .. We needed a RB how about this emmit guy from Florida Jimmy response we never talked him whatever pick him